Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to play outfield when i was younger so i was very good at tracking a ball down off the crack of the bat.
    I could tell the speed the ball was travelling at and where it was going to end up at.
    I assume Bono must have those same abilities. He must know where to run to in his net on a long shot, similar to a drive to the outfield.
    He doesn't even move until the ball is at the white line that is closest to him. then it's action (in movie terminology), cue to jump and just miss the ball
    make for an outstanding highlight plus give dc the game. as per script. somebody's gotta pay for that new stadium. need lots of new season ticket holders.

note also ball is coming right at bakero and instead of heading it he moves his head away
    also note I think from the distance of that free kick i think i could make that save

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    I have been watching the wayne rooney free kick on slo mo on youtube and I think Bono lets it in on purpose to give the game to DC as per script and to give a highlight for the highlight reels shows.
    first he has a fine view of the ball of the ball coming off of rooneys foot. he stands in the same spot for almost 1.5 seconds and then dives to his left and misses the ball.
    the ball takes around 1.5 seconds from Rooney's foot to the back of the net.
    the ball lands around 1 yard below the crossbar, this is around 7feet high when it goes in the net
    this is very important to note because bono is 6ft 3 inches tall with his arms outstretched he is about 8ft. the height of the crossbar

he is also kind of crouched down during the shot, his knees are bent lowering his height by around a foot.
    as the ball approaches he even goes down even lower for some reason

watch the replay of the shot in slow motion,
    the ball was from so far away all he had to do was see the ball off of rooneys foot, take a large step or two to his left and stand up straight raise his arms and the shot is stopped.
    not crouch down making himself small on a ball that has to go over a 6ft wall
    move, not stand there for 1.5 seconds
    and then of course dive for the cameras
    Cool theory bro.