Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Don’t laugh, the people who “taught” him how to defend still work for TFCA.
    Ah yeh, see what u mean now !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A disgrace of a season the worst collapse ever in MLS history going from the best season ever to this garbage !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bye! Bye!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Bye! Bye!
    We had a great 2016 and 2017. However, MLSE mgmt miscalculated when assuming they would repeat with the same players. There were so many close games in 2017, where the bench players stepped in, and made a difference. I am referring to Hassler, Edwards, Ricketts. Morrow had a great year. Mavinga was a wall. Moor was a monster. Bono was great.
    Compare that with 2018. No Hassler, no Edwards (remember those terrific crosses), no Beitishour, Morrow half the player, no Moor, Mavinga hurt all the time, Vaz same, Delgado useless, Ricketts, useless, Zavaletta and Hagglund...are you joking? Osorio...great before he signs a contract....Only Seba, Bradley and Altidore played to their potential,when not injured.....Bono....forget about him.....Frankly, this was not a good team, notwithstanding the ccl debacle......I see a 5 year rebuild

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random things.
    Mavinga is not 100 %. Bradley emergency defense was good. His passing was not so good. The media message right now is the team liked urgency. I didn't see that. I saw a lot of mistakes but a lot of urgency. The defence was actually better than it has been. VDW didn't need to make that foul. Seba yelling at people is good in my books. Hagglund is not good enough. Auro is good on defense but the guy needs to do things quicker with the ball. Janson is Chad Barret until he shows otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was us losing to a shite team that just fired their manager at home when it counted. It would be way too much of a risk just to say that they could have used a rest. There needs to be some substantial changes in order to be a MLS powerhouse. We were 1 1/2 season wonders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game encapsulated all that was wrong with the team this year: Poor defending, woeful passing, not being able to convert goals, and bad subs (Hagglund for Vazquez?). There was a real lack of urgency out there.

Did anyone else notice Seba yelling at VdW after his first yellow? He seemed to let the Caps forward way too much space and then ran at him. Not sure what was going on, but there seemed to be unhappy players on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that Vancouver team is crap. we absolutely controlled the first half, wave after wave of attack
    delgado cost the first goal with his giveaway in the vancouver end, he typically does that a few times per game
    jansen can't finish, bono should have stopped that goal, he has cost us quite a few games this year
    gio was terrible today, like he wasnt trying, like he didn't want to get an injury on this crappy field before italy games.
    osorio was invisible today. auro took forever on that vasquez pass.
    before the game started our odds to win this game was 72%. that is as high as it gets. incomprehensible that we could lose this game today
    almost like it was done on purpose
    Last edited by stevep; 10-06-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    that Vancouver team is crap. we absolutely controlled the first half, wave after wave of attack
    delgado cost the first goal with his giveaway in the vancouver end, he typically does that a few times per game
    jansen can't finish, bono should have stopped that goal, he has cost us quite a few games this year
    gio was terrible today, like he wasnt trying, like he didn't want to get an injury on this crappy field before italy games.
    osorio was invisible today. auro took forever on that vasquez pass.
    before the game started our odds to win this game was 72%. that is as high as it gets. incomprehensible that we could lose this game today
    almost like it was done on purpose
    Common Man they don't tank games on purpose they were trying to win this from the start. They haven't had the luck or health throughout the season the amount of injuries is not the only excuse Beita Hasler and Edwards were all quality

I never understood these 3 being dealt. All were quality players and helped in the midfield...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two other things that REALLY bugged me about that experience tonight

a) Inebreatti in the North end

b) those freaking fireworks could have SERIOUSLY hurt somebody tonight and NOBODY in the media is discussing that.

Think about this for a moment

Fireworks, set off BY MLSE PAID FOR CONTRACTORS, going off at the same freaking height as the kids holding the centre circle BMO thing, scaring the SHIT out of them.

But, hey, no mention by TFC journos on twitter and nothing in the stories.

Why is NOBODY talking about this, even in passing?!?!?!

I'm not being freaking alarmist, I'm being freaking outraged because the team are DAMN lucky nobody got hurt on national TV.

You want to ban people for flares? No problem.

You bring in supposed professionals who do THE ALMOST EXACT SAME SHIT!?!?!?! FIRE THEIR ASSES!

Tell you what, if this had been RPB kids family night, can you imagine people in here being OK with that dangerous unprofessional nonsense?
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-06-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    They are giving Auro flack but he did the right thing there. He waited for a hole, when none developed he fired it at the best option he had.

Sounds like Canada is tracking Ricardo Ferreira.
    I was at the game. What did he say about Ricardo Ferreira?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I was at the game. What did he say about Ricardo Ferreira?
    Well they goaded Herdman to say who he was going after next. It started with “nobody we’ll talk about today” then devlolved into a bunch of Portuguese references. So reading between the lines there a bit ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly thought I was imagining things with the fireworks, but yeah, it fucking happened. So was one of the fireworks not burning out up high and then dropped near the parachute kids?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s also no coincidence that the two biggest media outlets also have shares in TFC’s parent company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was nice to hear the Innebriati in the north end. Otherwise, the stadium was eerily quiet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matteo30 View Post
    Common Man they don't tank games on purpose they were trying to win this from the start. They haven't had the luck or health throughout the season the amount of injuries is not the only excuse Beita Hasler and Edwards were all quality

I never understood these 3 being dealt. All were quality players and helped in the midfield...
    It sure looked like they did. Certain players were not into the game. ie giovinco and osorio. especially giovinco
    Can Bono really be this bad?? I am starting to suspect he let in many of these easy stops this season on purpose.
    can't prove it but neither can you disprove it

Before the game started Vancouver had an 8% chance of winning this game as determined by the betting public.

jozy said lightning has struck 400 times this season. that doesn't happen. probability of that happening is infintesimally small
    Last edited by stevep; 10-07-2018 at 09:31 PM.