RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Parking in Liberty Village

I just found out that my regular lot at Lamport Stadium will no longer be available next season due to a prefab structure being built onto that site this winter. Besides the lot on Hannah (the one off of Liberty between Atlantic and Hannah) and the lot on Dufferin and Liberty (the north east corner one that looks like it's behind a brick wall) --- are there any tips from others who usually park in the area about good lots to get in and out of before and more especially after the games.....I was looking at the underground lot at Hannah and Snooker? or even where the Metro is? (google maps and parkopedia is helpful but I figure those who actually park in the area for games would know best)....does anyone park there for TFC? or is it too far? I was thinking of trying a new spot this next week or two, before next spring.....any tips would be appreciated....
    Last edited by tfcfans; 09-24-2018 at 11:38 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look west of Dufferin. Lots of options there
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I drive in, I tend to park at the Green P at Queen and Fuller. Might be a 30 min walk or so to BMO, but it’s cheap and easy to park + get out of after.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually street park for free in the residential area just north west of the field if I have to drive down - makes for a bit of annoyance getting out at the end of the night, but its usually not too bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since we are talking parking....any good spots to park a bike(motorcycle), near BMO.

From what I heard parking at BMO charges $30 for parking whether its a car or bike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If its a night game, and you arrive on or around 6pm, park right on Dufferin near or a bit north of where the 'Joker' (U-Sector pub) used to be. Its no more than $6 for the 3 hour max and paid parking ends at 9pm. I often park here and all you need is a break in traffic for a few seconds to get out. I go North so it works perfectly for me and the traffic has dissipated usually once you get past Queen. My buddy tells me it also works parking south facing and then heading west and onto the Gardiner both East and Westbound via Jameson as you usually manage to get out before a lot of the stadium traffic.

Alternatively, the private lot on Mowat street south of the Mowat/Liberty Green P lot seems to charge a flat $10 regardless of the level of games when sometimes other lots raise the price. It takes a bit longer to get out of there if its busy, but heading east along Liberty then taking Jefferson up to King and east again to Sudbury before I go north is usually reasonably painless.