Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't hand wave missing the playoffs, which is a very low bar since over half the teams qualify, as just bad luck. This is the top spending team that just pushed a 10% increase on season tickets. You better believe that those responsible at the top will target and try to fix what went wrong. Academy has been a failure, so many great GTA players but few captures by TFC Academy, the pitch awful, Contract extensions and new signings pretty much all losses.
    Last edited by SirBobSaget; 10-04-2018 at 10:59 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still trying to figure out why people think VDW is bad. He's a right sided CB that has maybe played 3 games in that position. When he & Auro are on together, that side is cemented. I can see saying he might not be worth the TAM involved if he was a RB. But lots of teams use TAM on CB's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why people think VDW is bad. He's a right sided CB that has maybe played 3 games in that position. When he & Auro are on together, that side is cemented. I can see saying he might not be worth the TAM involved if he was a RB. But lots of teams use TAM on CB's.
    Og I totally agree on this comment, I do believe that the injury issue with our backline was paramount in the season being what it is, which I might add is not finished yet, and for those that do not believe in the worth of the CCL I think they are wrong, If TFC had won the CCL and were going to the Club World Cup, the league title or MLS playoffs would be secondary in my opinion, yes be competitive but my god could you imagine representing CONCACAF at the Club World Cup, I would be proud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thing is: Can we afford to buy Auro?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Funny how “season ticket holders” total roughly 25,000. I would suspect the real number is closer to 14-18 with balance being scalpers.

Still a good haul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Funny how “season ticket holders” total roughly 25,000. I would suspect the real number is closer to 14-18 with balance being scalpers.

Still a good haul.
    I'm shocked they are forecasting a renewal rate in the low 90s.
    Like this sentence from the article: Manning says the reaction he gets from most fans is that they remain on board "but don't let this season happen again."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Still a good haul.
    Yes, I think we long ago learned that a prerequisite to working in sports management is to be willing to lie about demand/attendance.

I don’t hold it against Manning. He is a good guy.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not a fan of "blow it up" without a plan but if I was Manning and co. I would have being looking at options for that just in case scenario. This season has got to be viewed as a failure for Vanney. I would not replace him before we have an alternative. I would suggest Robinson is a good alternative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we had been quick on the trigger before, Manning would've fired Vanney, hired Kreis, and we never would have won a thing.

Stay the course. Heads roll if we don't perform next season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the talk after the game tonight, Jozy is likely gone. Not my preference but for people who want to see change, it's coming. As for ditching Vanney or Bez after 1 bad season, not going to happen. I think the team wanted to go with the 442 diamond this year but couldn't get the back 4 right. Fix that & I think we still see the diamond. Seba can't play the 4231 & Vasquez can't play the 433. The true test of Vanney & Bez is the next year. This year was supposed to be the golden year of cementing an ever contender. Next year was supposed to be the tough turn around. Now it's complicated by obvious failures in personnel this season. The player base is not as strong as it seemed. Need to cut out some people we all loved a year ago. If Jozy leaving frees up a DP spot (there are rumours of them cutting a DP) & brings in another attacker of similar style, that might work. But there is a lot of unknowns.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-06-2018 at 07:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the talk after the game tonight, Jozy is likely gone. Not my preference but for people who want to see change, it's coming
    Can you elaborate? Not sure what you mean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the talk after the game tonight, Jozy is likely gone. Not my preference but for people who want to see change, it's coming. As for ditching Vanney or Bez after 1 bad season, not going to happen. I think the team wanted to go with the 442 diamond this year but couldn't get the back 4 right. Fix that & I think we still see the diamond. Seba can't play the 4231 & Vasquez can't play the 433. The true test of Vanney & Bez is the next year. This year was supposed to be the golden year of cementing an ever contender. Next year was supposed to be the tough turn around. Now it's complicated by obvious failures in personnel this season. The player base is not as strong as it seemed. Need to cut out some people we all loved a year ago. If Jozy leaving frees up a DP spot (there are rumours of them cutting a DP) & brings in another attacker of similar style, that might work. But there is a lot of unknowns.

where are you getting this idea about Jozy leaving from?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure he gets any takers in the winter transfer window. I think he will still be in the squad for 2019.

edit: some are suggesting that maybe something already has been arranged, certainly possible. Goals to be had but at the cost of lots of injury time. Risky move for any GM.
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 10-06-2018 at 08:41 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the video -

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/1...?autoplay=true

I think it matters how we all come back next year, how we all respond, if we are all around & if not its been an absolute pleasure.....so I'm very proud that I can come and be part of something special not only for Toronto FC but for the league MLS as a whole

That the team is putting this out there and not hiding this indicates to me a deal is done. Also the journos seemed poised for this tonight - something is in the works that there are rumours about.

He was asked about his ankle - answer was he has to get it ready for what will come. Based on that, he might sit the next 2 games & only play the Atlanta game at home as a farewell.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-06-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the video -

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/1...?autoplay=true

That the team is putting this out there and not hiding this indicates to me a deal is done. Also the journos seemed poised for this tonight - something is in the works that there are rumours about.

He was asked about his ankle - answer was he has to get it ready for what will come. Based on that, he might sit the next 2 games & only play the Atlanta game at home as a farewell.
    I'll be very happy to see him leave, though grateful for the performances he gave in his 2nd and 3rd seasons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The league is thinking about cutting a DP from 3 to 2, that’s a backward move for a league that keeps telling us they are growing economically and in popularity, and who wants to become a top league in the world . Where did you hear this ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be quite sad to see Jozy go. Durability was always an issue but when he played he left it all on the field.

This team will need some form of a first choice striker as a replacement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    The league is thinking about cutting a DP from 3 to 2, that’s a backward move for a league that keeps telling us they are growing economically and in popularity, and who wants to become a top league in the world . Where did you hear this ?
    I think that proposal to eliminate a DP slot is paired with a major expansion of TAM funding. Haven't seen any specifics on what that might be in terms of actual $$. Certainly could mean more players would move into that $1M zone.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread has become a roster discussion. Please continue that in the roster thread:

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto