Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricketts being useless and missing a wide open volley, and then god awful timbits soccer worthy defending ends up in osorio shovelling in a goal off bradley

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    VDW gets a big thumbs down for me as a signing. You don’t spend that kind of money on a RB in this league.
    Once again, this game illustrates how important Mavinga and Seba are. Seba makes everything hapoen up front (notice how useless superstar Osorio is without him on the pitch). I don’t understand why Bradley is playing back, that is Mavingas natural position. Anyhow, major changes coming in 2019.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Once again, this game illustrates how important Mavinga and Seba are. Seba makes everything hapoen up front (notice how useless superstar Osorio is without him on the pitch). I don’t understand why Bradley is playing back, that is Mavingas natural position. Anyhow, major changes coming in 2019.
    Looks like Mavinga was still injured anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Are you implying Beita wouldn’t have cost anything? He was one of the top 5 or 6 salaries on the team and wanted a raise. Either he’d be a big cap hit or a TAM player anyway.

Is he better than VDW? Who knows, RB isn’t the position that has put us in the season we’re in, and either way we’d be spending a bunch of money on an RB.
    We are literally paying 2.5x Beitashour’s current salary for VDW.

He wanted a raise because other players on the team received one over the course of the cup run. I doubt it would have been more than 350.

Regardless, you don’t spend 800+ on a rb I’m this league. It’s an outrageous way to use your available resources.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 09-22-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are literally paying 2.5x Beitashour’s salary for VDW.
    It’s TAM. What better TAM purchase did the FO make this year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, VDW being able to play CB, RB and LB when our team was shot to oblivion with injuries did help. He also provides more offensively past the middle third.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s not the point. You use the money to the best of your ability on the position where it will make the highest impact.

That money potentially represents a better CB, a sub striker without cinderblock feed and a tin-head, or maybe a pacey winger. All kinds of different positions we could have upgraded that would have a larger impact on the field

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the best play out there tonight is the USMNT troll job by those Costa Rica vs Colombia ads. We've largely outplayed these guys but both teams have been poor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s not the point. You use the money to the best of your ability on the position where it will make the highest impact.

That money potentially represents a better CB, a sub striker without cinderblock feed and a tin-head, or maybe a pacey winger. All kinds of different positions we could have upgraded that would have a larger impact on the field
    They would have needed an RB or kept expensive Beita, who wouldn’t have helped. I’d rather have VDW playing CB based on his form there earlier in the season than Zavaleta or Hagglund.

Sure, would have been nice to have replacements for the pieces we lost to injury, a non-failure Spanish transfer, and some defenders, but how could the FO have predicted that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricketts. Hagglund. Zavaleta. Frustrate me.
    Defender for mid field down by 1 ? We are defending ?

No telfer, auro, or fraser. Fraser could have played Bradley's spot and Bradley behind him.

Janson is a 1 goal every 3 games kinda guy. Ricketts just lol.
    Vazquez can't do it all.

League is fixed no Bradley Philips vs atl bye bye points record

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LoL. Lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sooooo much mediocrity

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not one of the "fire Vanney" guys...but what was that game plan for a MUST WIN?

Were they trying to bore them to death?

NYRB are a dangerous team....however it was do or die
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh !! Oh well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haugland and Zavaleta need to be benched for rest of the season. I don't care if Vanney play TFC2 kids at this point. These two players cost TFC so many points. Time to clean house and bring in more younger and athletic players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that is the season.

At least they will have time to fix what ever the hell caused so many injuries get rid of the nepodefender and bring in a real third central defender for next season. And with luck Vanney doesn't decide he wants to try to play 2-6-2 again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who could have predicted subbing zavaleta for mavinga would turn the defence into a clown show?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavaleta is a joke. $200k for what?? Each game he made a mistake

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post

No telfer, auro, or fraser. Fraser could have played Bradley's spot and Bradley behind him.

Vazquez can't do it all.

I am not even angry. After all those years of mediocrity, we have had two outstanding seasons. Problem with the team is one that happens so often in pro sports, the pinnacle is hard to reach, but easy to lose. The old mantra, trade your players a year early, rather than a year late, would apply here. Sadly, who do you build a team around? I can’t think of one TFC player who has star potential in the next year or two. Nobody. It will be a complete rebuild, but I hope we can keep Seba around...his quality and ability to shift to a creative centre mid role (Higuain), is needed on a team that will probably take 5 years to contend once again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is nothing positive to take away from that game. That was beyond pathetic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Duck View Post
    Zavaleta is a joke. $200k for what?? Each game he made a mistake
    Zavaleta must be related to somebody in mgmt...��

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There you go again , crapping on Osorio, I’m almost certain you must have played youth soccer with or against Osorio and he made it and you didn’t , he is now making in the neighbourhood of 800000 a year playing soccer while you join us fools posting comments on here. The useless players are the likes of Chapman, Zaveletta, Haglund, Ricketts and whoever the medical and training staff is on this team with all the injuries this season. The problem is next season the likes of Mavinga, Moore , Vasquez, Giovinco , Altidore will probably be injured just as much , this club unfortunately is back to the worst team in the world again and it only took what two seasons of success to bring them back to garbage again , good luck filling the 30000 seats at BMO get ready for Argo like attendance coming soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post

Vazquez can't do it all.

Nobody mentions Delgado or Osorio. Both stunk tonight. I never hated Osorio when he couldn’t score on a one legged dwarf, and I never loved him, when he had a string of easy gimmes, thanks to Seba knowing where his left foot was. But, in a do or die game, he was largely invisible. If this is what we can expect from him in 2019, better to trade him in the off season (If Seba leaves, Osorio scores 5 times next season, tops)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They would have needed an RB or kept expensive Beita, who wouldn’t have helped. I’d rather have VDW playing CB based on his form there earlier in the season than Zavaleta or Hagglund.

Sure, would have been nice to have replacements for the pieces we lost to injury, a non-failure Spanish transfer, and some defenders, but how could the FO have predicted that?
    Some of this was foreseeable, some of it was not. In totality, it was still a poor move. Think of it this way: does VDW have more of an impact on this team than Walker Zimmerman has in LAFC? Than Matt Hedges has on FCD? Than Besler on SKC? The sad thing is Zimmerman wants a new contract and by the sounds of it his demands to stay are less than what VDW is currently making.

If the goal was strengthening the team as much as possible they went about it the wrong way. It's exactly the same philosophy that lead to bringing in Aketxe to replace one of Osorio or Delgado (who were both serviceable). If Aketxe had worked out and was the right player for that role he would have make the team far better than either of Delgado or Osorio ever will. Unfortunately, a lot of that is now a sunk cost and TFC is taking half that budget charge to pay Aketxe to play elsewhere with the other half likely paying for Osorio's raise.

Beitashour would have probably stayed for an extra 50k. He wasn't looking for the world. He wanted a raise because everyone else who had come up for contract received one. I think he was well within his rights to ask for a little more. If management thought that was too much then fine, but don't go out and buy a golden-toilet seat for our crumbling outhouse of a defence.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 09-22-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    There you go again , crapping on Osorio, I’m almost certain you must have played youth soccer with or against Osorio and he made it and you didn’t , he is now making in the neighbourhood of 800000 a year playing soccer while you join us fools posting comments on here. The useless players are the likes of Chapman, Zaveletta, Haglund, Ricketts and whoever the medical and training staff is on this team with all the injuries this season. The problem is next season the likes of Mavinga, Moore , Vasquez, Giovinco , Altidore will probably be injured just as much , this club unfortunately is back to the worst team in the world again and it only took what two seasons of success to bring them back to garbage again , good luck filling the 30000 seats at BMO get ready for Argo like attendance coming soon.
    Notice when Seba isn’t playing, Osorio runs around yelling at his own players? How he tries to create scoring chances, but never does, or when he is fed a pass onto his weak foot, he screws up, all the time? Osorio can’t create anything out of nothing, the way better players in MLS can. But, he thinks he is Totti, and that makes him special

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think Van der Wiel is the problem - your missing a lot.

I'd start with Giovinco - I think it's time to replace him. For $7 Million per year I think that we can do better and get a top class striker that is consistent and not a moody petulant brat. The run in for the first MLS Cup run really got me questioning him as a big game player. It was Vazquez and Mavinga that made the difference last year with some magic form from Morrow.

Altidore - is just too injury prone to be a reliable DP value player. Likely he should be replaced as well.

Morrow - is a shadow of the player he was last year. Maybe if he gets his fitness back..he should stay.

Bono- lost us the game today and that must 3-4 games now that he has blown. Need to make a change here.

Zavaletta...OMG did you see him rolling around on the ground on the second goal after falling?

Delgado...again just not the player he was. How patient can we be?

I think it's time for some changes to the DP roles. Another season like this and BMO will be empty again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    I have been here longer than you, suffered season tickets for six of the 11 years, I don’t owe you anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should Vanney be fired?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    If you think Van der Wiel is the problem - your missing a lot.

I'd start with Giovinco - I think it's time to replace him. For $7 Million per year I think that we can do better and get a top class striker that is consistent and not a moody petulant brat. The run in for the first MLS Cup run really got me questioning him as a big game player. It was Vazquez and Mavinga that made the difference last year with some magic form from Morrow.

Altidore - is just too injury prone to be a reliable DP value player. Likely he should be replaced as well.

Morrow - is a shadow of the player he was last year. Maybe if he gets his fitness back..he should stay.

Bono- lost us the game today and that must 3-4 games now that he has blown. Need to make a change here.

Zavaletta...OMG did you see him rolling around on the ground on the second goal after falling?

Delgado...again just not the player he was. How patient can we be?

I think it's time for some changes to the DP roles. Another season like this and BMO will be empty again.
    Seba is the best thing that ever happened to TFC, hope he stays five more years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody mentions Delgado or Osorio. Both stunk tonight. I never hated Osorio when he couldn’t score on a one legged dwarf, and I never loved him, when he had a string of easy gimmes, thanks to Seba knowing where his left foot was. But, in a do or die game, he was largely invisible. If this is what we can expect from him in 2019, better to trade him in the off season (If Seba leaves, Osorio scores 5 times next season, tops)
    BS, you've been grinding this Osorio axe for weeks. The guy was one of the best performers in last year's playoffs and during the CCL this season. If anything the recent evidence says he is a big game player.

Agreed, not a great game today but give it a rest.