Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 29 - TFC @ NYRB Saturday Sept 22 5pm - Do you think I'd lay down and die

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are starting to click on offence (but the defence still sucks) The Importance of Locking of Mavinga to a long term deal is important. I want this win especially after last years playoffs. We don't play to lose and saving face by getting at least 11 wins does this. All 3 of Jozy, Seba, VV should play. I would love to beat them anybody watch any of there games are they as chippy as they were last year? I know they can defend not including the tie with DC united today. How much is everyone concentrating on the match on Wed? I want to win but also save face in league. Do you give Endoh a run out because I think he has earned some playing time... So many questions with this team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga and Auro should be available for Saturday which is good to see!

I don't see the point of having Endoh up unless we lose the next few games. Who would he come in for?
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh is on a TFCII contract - having him up makes no sense yet. He's still an international so although he might be picked up by somebody in MLS for next season, he's more likely to get a good long look in our training camp.

Watching Endoh last night, he's basically doing box to box - he's either an Osorio sub or making Delgado work harder in training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant bear to watch this game. we have around a 20% chance of winning this game.
    also, i typically don't like away games.
    here's to hoping the oddsmakers are wrong

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This match is bound to be very similar to what we saw tonight. Pretty sure we're going to stagger into oblivion down the stretch. Maybe we'll wake up for the Impact match and possibly for Atlanta if it means preventing them from breaking our points record. Otherwise more of the same indifference and lack of focus/passion combined with attack numbing slowness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no way we are making the playoffs. Morrow is half the player he was last year, Moor and Mavinga won't be sharp...Jose and Gio aren't in the right mind-set. We also need a new keeper...Bono is shattered.e

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    I cant bear to watch this game. we have around a 20% chance of winning this game.
    also, i typically don't like away games.
    here's to hoping the oddsmakers are wrong
    No, I think the oddsmakers are very correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philly beat the sounders in seattle last night, the teams we were chasing aren't faltering down the stretch

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In 2009 RBNY ended our playoff hopes. All we needed that year was a tie, instead RBNY hammered TFC.

Honestly I expect a similar hammering this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh dont remind me of that game. Have flashabacks to that last place team and Angel just nonstop scoring that game.

Sadly, Philly got a last minute goal to beat Seattle last night.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    In 2009 RBNY ended our playoff hopes. All we needed that year was a tie, instead RBNY hammered TFC.

Honestly I expect a similar hammering this year.
    it it could be NYCFC who end any playoff hopes today, even if we win if MTL don't drop points the likely hood we catch them become slim to none.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Seba

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol still no full XI.
    No moor, no seba

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

streams?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interested in learning lessons for next season. Not sucking would be nice. A point would be a bonus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga is awesome. Shuts Bradley Phillips down, then gets a throw instead of corner. Refreshing to see across not get in the box and have the ball bobble around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This match is bound to be very similar to what we saw tonight. Pretty sure we're going to stagger into oblivion down the stretch. Maybe we'll wake up for the Impact match and possibly for Atlanta if it means preventing them from breaking our points record. Otherwise more of the same indifference and lack of focus/passion combined with attack numbing slowness.
    I am surprised you saw indifference last game. I saw the exact opposite. Poor goalkeeping, yes, and a slow defense. But not indifference. Gio and Joey for example worked hard. And Tigre’s second goal was because everyone came back on defense. Someone should have not been back - in a way, trying too hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As the first half moved along, I thought TFC gained some confidence and improved... but a few scary moments early on. Hagglund and vdW are not good for each other...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Janson is a waste of a Jersey and I fancy even Hamilton would have taken one of those two chances. Janson’s shooting is just so lame. Bez and Vanney rightly so got plaudits for their work last season but there can be no doubt both have let us down this year. Bradley at CH just doesn’t work and is an example of some of the poor line up decisions that has plagued Vanney this season. Also there surely can’t be any doubt Bez has traded us into a far weaker position than we were last year. Letting Beta go was his first mistake and the two replacements VDW and Auro are just not up to the task. He has failed completely to strengthen us up front and letting Hasler go for next to nothing was criminal. If we don’t make the play offs one or both these guys have a lot of questions to answer to keep their jobs

edit - I didn’t know Séba was injured in that meaningless midweek game
    Last edited by General Woolfe; 09-22-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So not bad considering this is always a tough fixture. Some of the tactics are puzzling though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No altidore lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good grief Ricketts, point blank miss into row Z.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 09-22-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Janson is a waste of a Jersey and I fancy even Hamilton would have taken one of those two chances. Janson’s shooting is just so lame. Bez and Vanney rightly so got plaudits for their work last season but there can be no doubt both have let us down this year. Bradley at CH just doesn’t work and is an example of some of the poor line up decisions that has plagued Vanney this season. Also there surely can’t be any doubt Bez has traded us into a far weaker position than we were last year. Letting Beta go was his first mistake and the two replacements VDW and Auro are just not up to the task. He has failed completely to strengthen us up front and letting Hasler go for next to nothing was criminal. If we don’t make the play offs one or both these guys have a lot of questions to answer to keep their jobs

edit - I didn’t know Séba was injured in that meaningless midweek game
    VDW and Auro weren’t bad pick-ups. Beita wasn’t going to fix this season. Janson hasn’t been that bad.

Look at the past two games: Seba and Jozy injured.

The bigger mistake was playing an entire season with every defender injured. Other than Bono, who has been mediocre in many games, what starter other than Osorio and Bradley hasn’t been injured?

There’s questions to be asked, but Beita wasn’t going to win us all the games we lost, and probably can’t play CB as well as VDW did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VDW gets a big thumbs down for me as a signing. You don’t spend that kind of money on a RB in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    VDW gets a big thumbs down for me as a signing. You don’t spend that kind of money on a RB in this league.
    Are you implying Beita wouldn’t have cost anything? He was one of the top 5 or 6 salaries on the team and wanted a raise. Either he’d be a big cap hit or a TAM player anyway.

Is he better than VDW? Who knows, RB isn’t the position that has put us in the season we’re in, and either way we’d be spending a bunch of money on an RB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hagglund fucked up lol put that guy on side smh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Team needs a rebuild but unfortunately several older injury plagued players were given generous extensions.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

News Flash - our crap players are crap

Ricketts started that by losing the ball and then backing away from the player who tackled him. Then Hagglund lets the ball bounce twice before heading it the wrong way.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 09-22-2018 at 05:48 PM.