Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    For me, the season was lost on Wed. Every eastern team travels. When you are desperate for wins, you don’t field a USL caliber squad. That was Vanney telling the world that TFC were done.
    It seems you are just not listening, or don't want to listen to people on this forum who know what is going on. I'm like the third person to mention this now that there was nobody else available! The players that would have played, were hurt, or recovering from "knocks". The players that stayed home were hurt. Our other players, starters, were hurt.

Have I mentioned that our players were hurt, and all Vanney could do was play who he did that night you mention?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really bothered me that only Vanney and Moor made any attempt at thanking the fans, by clapping from the halfway line. Shameful considering we pay their wages and support them for 90 minutes, especially after an tough loss.

Even Steven Beitashour spent a few minutes with RPB and the rest of the South End. Once a Red, always a Red.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How come no commenting on the handball on the opening goal?
    how come Greg?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that was curtains for the regular season. Very disappointing effort last night considering we were at home with a relatively healthy squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disappointing result last night and disappointing mls season. Tfc never truly recovered from the champions league final loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    How come no commenting on the handball on the opening goal?
    how come Greg?
    because it wasn't a hand ball offense..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awful game, poor effort. The first goal was a fluke but where was the response, these are must win games and there was no urgency until it was 3-0. (Bradley aside)

Montreal beats the red bulls, other teams are stepping up big when they need to, we haven't

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley was one of the only ones who was hustling all game long. He played well.

The goals seem to come out of nowhere, one mistake on the defense (One with VDW, one with Morrow etc) and they made us pay. That is what we were able to do last year, and couldn't seem to do it this year.

Happens
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Bradley was one of the only ones who was hustling all game long. He played well.

The goals seem to come out of nowhere, one mistake on the defense (One with VDW, one with Morrow etc) and they made us pay. That is what we were able to do last year, and couldn't seem to do it this year.

Happens
    the 3rd. LA goal Bradley had time to win the ball back , instead the LA player beats Bradley and then beats Morrow makes Morrow look like a pylon then passes the ball and another LA player with TFC players dreaming takes a shot and scores the 3rd. goal , watch that 3rd. LA goal again and you realize why this team sucks this year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at the run Seattle has gone on, they were just as bad as us in the standings like about a month ago , but TFC can’t put any type of streak together, talk about being consistent ,every season Seattle has made the playoffs I think, TFC has what 3 good seasons and now is back to the TFC of 2007 to 2014 , that didn’t take long eh!
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 09-02-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    the 3rd. LA goal Bradley had time to win the ball back , instead the LA player beats Bradley and then beats Morrow makes Morrow look like a pylon then passes the ball and another LA player with TFC players dreaming takes a shot and scores the 3rd. goal , watch that 3rd. LA goal again and you realize why this team sucks this year!
    They weren’t just any player. LAFC has some of the best talent in the league. That 4th goal was sublime. Give credit where credit is due

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes that guy got round Bradley and he held up his run because figured Morrow had him, Bradley was forcing him into Morrow to avoid any back pass.

Honestly, Bradley was hustling all game, how many duels did he win and interceptions, he was running all game long. Was awesome to see.

It was a nice goal by LAFC.

It's just hilarious, someone pointed this out last year. Why are there so few posts in the last couple years, it's because there is nothing to discuss since we are winning. Now that we are struggling here comes all the negativity again.

Seattle has managed to figure it out, and we haven't. Let's finish the year off strong, and see what happens in the offseason. Honestly, its much needed for our team.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle has put together a very impressive winning streak. They are peaking at the right moment. Every year it seems they go into the playoffs In very good form.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Yes that guy got round Bradley and he held up his run because figured Morrow had him, Bradley was forcing him into Morrow to avoid any back pass.

Honestly, Bradley was hustling all game, how many duels did he win and interceptions, he was running all game long. Was awesome to see.

It was a nice goal by LAFC.

It's just hilarious, someone pointed this out last year. Why are there so few posts in the last couple years, it's because there is nothing to discuss since we are winning. Now that we are struggling here comes all the negativity again.

Seattle has managed to figure it out, and we haven't. Let's finish the year off strong, and see what happens in the offseason. Honestly, its much needed for our team.
    It is called venting. Nothing more. No need to vent when the team makes you happy. I agree with your Bradley remarks. He is forced to work much harder when Mavinga is hurt, having to cover the joke of a defence, and receiving little support from the midfielders. (Was that Delgados worst game this year?Did Osorio decide that he was going to be playing forward from now on? Is Janson as useless as Acxete?, Has Morrow lost a step?, Does VDW give a shit? Is Moor the slowest fottballer in MLS?)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    Seattle has put together a very impressive winning streak. They are peaking at the right moment. Every year it seems they go into the playoffs In very good form.
    For me dare I say it has to at least fall blame on coaching, choosing EACH game to be the most important , not looking ahead and mgr’s ability to find the best personnel, esp backups . Fitness also is pitiful , or gambling on weak players to remain fit . It definitely feels like a ‘team’ all for one ‘sic’ approach has vanished .
    We needed 2 Mavingas , who weren’t injury prone . Also too many chiefs on this team
    Last edited by jazzy; 09-02-2018 at 03:24 PM.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good on Beita for coming over to the south end after the game. Especially after most of our guys went into the locker room. Glad he finally got a proper good bye and thank you.

Overall this game encapsulated our season. Start off strong, lose a player to injury, not being able to adjust properly after said loss of player, questionable defending causing us to get scored on, generating chances but can't buy a goal, some hope near the end before it all gets squashed. I think all that was missing was a controversial red or VAR and the bingo card would've been full.
    Last edited by magmadragon; 09-02-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    Overall this game encapsulated our season. Start off strong, lose a player to injury, not being able to adjust properly after said loss of player, questionable defending causing us to get scored on, generating chances but can't buy a goal, some hope near the end before it all gets squashed. I think all that was missing was a controversial red or VAR and the bingo card would be been full.
    Great assessment. Unfortunate but true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    They might be the dark horse this year. Watch out for them in the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    They might be the dark horse this year. Watch out for them in the playoffs.
    They're the dark horse every year. They pull this shit every season. First half of the season might as well not exist for Seattle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Vasquez thing really continues to burn me. From the moment I saw him on the field I couldn’t help but think “how the hell did he pass the fitness test?”

Somebody screwed up that one because his premature exit looked much a foredawn conclusion.

I worry he’s never going to be particularly healthy and we’ll be stuck under that contract.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's Atlanta vs. Seattle in the MLS Cup Final, I would be thoroughly convinced God does not exist!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The Vasquez thing really continues to burn me. From the moment I saw him on the field I couldn’t help but think “how the hell did he pass the fitness test?”

Somebody screwed up that one because his premature exit looked much a foredawn conclusion.

I worry he’s never going to be particularly healthy and we’ll be stuck under that contract.
    this sums up tfc's season. Vanney says he's fit, same routine and will see how he goes when he arrives at the stadium.
    I don't even think any one touched him as the ball was advanced to tfc side.

I'm not sure why no one is calling out the medical staff. Like what happened with mavinga, I read , I watch, and there is no update no comment what the issue is, especially since he did look good upon his return. Auro as well, his pace his something we miss, as morrow seems sloww.

I know moor said the staff did a wonderful job. Is this an issue with players from other parts of the world ?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    Good on Beita for coming over to the south end after the game. Especially after most of our guys went into the locker room. Glad he finally got a proper good bye and thank you.

Overall this game encapsulated our season. Start off strong, lose a player to injury, not being able to adjust properly after said loss of player, questionable defending causing us to get scored on, generating chances but can't buy a goal, some hope near the end before it all gets squashed. I think all that was missing was a controversial red or VAR and the bingo card would've been full.
    Well there was the non-VAR on their first goal: ball went in off of their player's arm. I felt that at least deserved a look at the monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    this sums up tfc's season. Vanney says he's fit, same routine and will see how he goes when he arrives at the stadium.
    I don't even think any one touched him as the ball was advanced to tfc side.

I'm not sure why no one is calling out the medical staff. Like what happened with mavinga, I read , I watch, and there is no update no comment what the issue is, especially since he did look good upon his return. Auro as well, his pace his something we miss, as morrow seems sloww.

I know moor said the staff did a wonderful job. Is this an issue with players from other parts of the world ?
    I really wish some journalist could ask a few tough questions about the non-stop injury issues. How many months has it been since CCL was over? NYRB was in it almost as long, and is firing on all cylinders.

Beyond that, there are lots of different issues, but I really worry about motivation and discipline with TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty evident that to WIN in MLS you need an effective CAM the quality of a healthy Vazquez or Almiron or Kaku. This team has never stayed at an elite level without Vazquez consistently in the lineup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The season that never was for many valid reasons, we as supporters and fans can lay blame as we see fit, mostly during our times of disappointment and venting, even those whom have chosen the conspiricy, scripted season angle. As a good friend and fellow supporter said on the way home on Saturday night, there is next year, TFC have the CCL, we are the supporters and have supported TFC through good and bad times and will not stop supporting TFC. It is the team we have chosen. There are many a poor team throughout the world of football whom have such supporters as us. Gambles were taken and the house won.

Still and always a TFC supporter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    If it's Atlanta vs. Seattle in the MLS Cup Final, I would be thoroughly convinced God does not exist!
    I'd like to see Vancouver beat DCU in the final, as a send-off for Davies and to put all the Cascadia teams level on Cups.