Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    watching rest on mute. can't for the life of me think of a worse soccer-commentating combo. brutal.
    100 percent agree. They babble endlessly, carrying on like radio talk show hosts when nobody is calling in. Every time Osorio touches the ball we learn that he is a Cdn international, and the number of goals he tallied....all the while, we are being distracted from the game. Its as if they hate the game and are constantly looking for lame excuses to blabber about anything....Cannot stand it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irwin had his brain fart and hopefully stops the next easy shot. He is too slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Two players that were a big part of last seasons success are done in my opinion Vasquez and Mavinga good luck trying to replace these two guys next year , these guys are done who are they fooling, another long season awaits next season sorry to say .
    Mavinga is only 27, a long off-season and he'll probably be fine. Vazquez is the big worry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Mavinga is only 27, a long off-season and he'll probably be fine. Vazquez is the big worry.
    Mavinga probably gone for surgery to fix his pulled groin as soon as the season is over for the team (tomorrow?)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That fucking goal should not have counted! If that was TFC that had scored like that, you'd Goddamn better believe they would have called on VAR to review it, then disallow the goal! But since this a huge market American team that has Garber's tongue marks on their asshole, no review and the goal stands! MLS really wants to stick it to us and give Atlanta - America's Worst Sports Market™ - the title of greatest MLS side ever, fucking cumstains!!!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    That fucking goal should not have counted! If that was TFC that had scored like that, you'd Goddamn better believe they would have called on VAR to review it, then disallow the goal! But since this a huge market American team that has Garber's tongue marks on their asshole, no review and the goal stands! MLS really wants to stick it to us and give Atlanta - America's Worst Sports Market™ - the title of greatest MLS side ever, fucking cumstains!!!!!
    No Idea why it wasn't reviewed it completely changed the half, I agree with everything you said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there you go.

Both our keepers have been terrible this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the way we are playing that's the game and the season over

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VDW was a huge waste of money. He looked like an amateur on that play. LAFC is a youn exciting team. TFC are finished

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are we doing wtf defence is this.......

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow - they just gave up......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you fall asleep after halftime down a goal with the season literally on the line??

The CCL loss seriously destroyed our mentality. I never thought we'd see last year's team this mentally weak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gio brain fart

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I thought when superstar Osorio, master of the garbage goal, signed that contract, everything would be great in TFC land. Has he touched the ball tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All spectators should get up and leave the stadium.
    Some big heads must roll at the end of the season.

This is the team with the highest payroll by far in the league.
    Those who are investing the money must take action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well what is Toronto FC reason for not performing this season, injuries do not account for all missing the mark this season, not good enough, and the coach should be accountable, maybe even consider firing as he has been unable to bring out the best of his team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there you have it...the night our season officially died. What at colossal fucking letdown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    well what is Toronto FC reason for not performing this season, injuries do not account for all missing the mark this season, not good enough, and the coach should be accountable, maybe even consider firing as he has been unable to bring out the best of his team
    The post-mortem on this season is too many injuries, not enough defensive depth, not enough young talent, particularly on the offensive end, to play the second role.

I mean, all the injuries kind of fucked us, but you have to question whether Vasquez was bad business for a new contract if he can't ever play. Obviously, given that it cost him his slot at Barcelona, he has some injury history.

Same with Mavinga, who I really like, but who isn't young. Great player, when he plays. GVDW looks talented but interested and sort of a bust. Auro was great going forward but terrible defensively. Delgado couldn't step up and regressed after his U.S. cap.

The only players who visibly improved this season were Osorio, Nick Hagglund (but still too boneheaded to start) and Liam Fraser. Chapman looked like he regressed. Hamilton's game is nowhere near round enough and for every piece he adds, like holding up the ball, his general lack of intensity and fight seems visible every time he plays. He just doens't have much engine.

Janson, I suspect, has foot skills but is wasted as a striker because he's not a great finisher. He is not the answer to anything, particularly filling Vasquez's shoes.

If we had any failing in terms of players this year it's that being the first club to sign top talent, we overpaid, and didn't have neough cap/DP/TAM space to sign a more talented second unit, ala Atlanta, NYFC and LAFC.

So that would be on Bez, but tempered by the fact that we won the treble last year to set the stage for that.

If we had a failing on the pitch -- other than the injuries -- it was that we were too predictable. We only have two tactical sets and both run off short positioning and triangles, for maximum ball control. But in this league, you have to be able to adapt and give different looks. We were too busy, I think, just finding players to fill out the team to wide our tactical approach and make us less predictable.

Also, I have to question why Zavaleta is starting here, ever. He's just not good enough, and it looks kind of terrible, it's been so obvious, given his relationship to Vanney. He certainly has his blind spots.
    Last edited by jloome; 09-01-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im sorry but why are we still cheering on the boys after they let us down, once again MLSE doesnt care about performance as much as they care about keeping the books paid up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The post-mortem on this season is too many injuries, not enough defensive depth, not enough young talent, particularly on the offensive end, to play the second role.

I mean, all the injuries kind of fucked us, but you have to question whether Vasquez was bad business for a new contract if he can't ever play. Obviously, given that it cost him his slot at Barcelona, he has some injury history.

Same with Mavinga, who I really like, but who isn't young. Great player, when he plays. GVDW looks talented but interested and sort of a bust. Auro was great going forward but terrible defensively. Delgado couldn't step up and regressed after his U.S. cap.

The only players who visibly improved this season were Osorio, Nick Hagglund (but still too boneheaded to start) and Liam Fraser. Chapman looked like he regressed. Hamilton's game is nowhere near round enough and for every piece he adds, like holding up the ball, his general lack of intensity and fight seems visible every time he plays. He just doens't have much engine.

Janson, I suspect, has foot skills but is wasted as a striker because he's not a great finisher. He is not the answer to anything, particularly filling Vasquez's shoes.

If we had any failing in terms of players this year it's that being the first club to sign top talent, we overpaid, and didn't have neough cap/DP/TAM space to sign a more talented second unit, ala Atlanta, NYFC and LAFC.

So that would be on Bez, but tempered by the fact that we won the treble last year to set the stage for that.

If we had a failing on the pitch -- other than the injuries -- it was that we were too predictable. We only have two tactical sets and both run off short positioning and triangles, for maximum ball control. But in this league, you have to be able to adapt and give different looks. We were too busy, I think, just finding players to fill out the team to wide our tactical approach and make us less predictable.

Also, I have to question why Zavaleta is starting here, ever. He's just not good enough, and it looks kind of terrible, it's been so obvious, given his relationship to Vanney. He certainly has his blind spots.
    For me, the season was lost on Wed. Every eastern team travels. When you are desperate for wins, you don’t field a USL caliber squad. That was Vanney telling the world that TFC were done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good summary. To add to this: is anyone actually going to tell me with a straight face the extra $500k we threw down on a RB was worth it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were dominating possession and playing well tonight until LA's goal. I know it was a deflection but the ball was coming at the net slowly. A quicker, more agile keeper could have saved it. That goal totally changed momentum. One of the main differences between last year and this season was the ability of our keepers to make big saves at key times, which hasn't been the case this year. If Irwin makes that save who knows what happens afterwords. People continue to talk about how poor our back line has been this year, however our goalkeepers have both been poor this season. If I am the GM I would be looking for a veteran keeper in the off season to share the goal with Bono. Irwin should not be back.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 09-01-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Good summary. To add to this: is anyone actually going to tell me with a straight face the extra $500k we threw down on a RB was worth it?
    Why we let Betashour go without the replacement at least being as good is beyond me. We had a unit that clicked; he's older, yes, but he still had legs, still defended well.

But then, we let Marc Anthony Kaye go while at USL level still, we let Raheem go last season for basically nothing, we let Lovitz go without trying him at fullback, where he's obviously a serviceable backup for cheap, at least.

We signed Agketxe from a league of very mixed quality in which most teams play a methodical possession style, and despite his age and fans liking him, an obvious lack of faith from his old club. We signed Janson as a forward, even though he has ten goals in eighty prior games at the Arg. 2 level.

In fact, take away the massive spending on Bradley/Altidore/Giovinco (each a player with his own shortcomings to go along with the brilliance) and suddenly Bez's record doesn't look so hot.

Osorio was before him and Vanney et al get the credit for that, not the GM.

Vasquez was great last year but was already getting injured regularly. I like Mavinga, but he seems injury prone as well. Perhaps instead of trying to sign an entire first team of league-dominant offensive players, we should've looked at their collective health and injury record, and considered the long term.

I dunno. I think with what they're spending versus other top teams now, and how our rosters compare, we've fallen behind in quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    For me, the season was lost on Wed. Every eastern team travels. When you are desperate for wins, you don’t field a USL caliber squad. That was Vanney telling the world that TFC were done.
    The players that were not there were carrying injuries. You can’t fly across the country on short rest with muscle injuries when you need the player for multiple games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Totally agreed. VDW has subbed admirably at CB but has shown little at RB or RWB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Janson is definately not from Helsinki

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why we let Betashour go without the replacement at least being as good is beyond me. We had a unit that clicked; he's older, yes, but he still had legs, still defended well.

But then, we let Marc Anthony Kaye go while at USL level still, we let Raheem go last season for basically nothing, we let Lovitz go without trying him at fullback, where he's obviously a serviceable backup for cheap, at least.

We signed Agketxe from a league of very mixed quality in which most teams play a methodical possession style, and despite his age and fans liking him, an obvious lack of faith from his old club. We signed Janson as a forward, even though he has ten goals in eighty prior games at the Arg. 2 level.

In fact, take away the massive spending on Bradley/Altidore/Giovinco (each a player with his own shortcomings to go along with the brilliance) and suddenly Bez's record doesn't look so hot.

Osorio was before him and Vanney et al get the credit for that, not the GM.

Vasquez was great last year but was already getting injured regularly. I like Mavinga, but he seems injury prone as well. Perhaps instead of trying to sign an entire first team of league-dominant offensive players, we should've looked at their collective health and injury record, and considered the long term.

I dunno. I think with what they're spending versus other top teams now, and how our rosters compare, we've fallen behind in quality.

Hard to disagree.

Tonight is a bit like the season. We do well, hit some bad luck, and cannot recover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, when you factor in LAFC is not even playing Dio or Ramirez, this game is not what it seems.

They are better than we are, maybe even healthy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooof.

Goodnight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that it matters at all, but really Irwin???
    You're worst than a fucking pylon!