Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    All I can offer is what is in the terms which seems to jive with what Jon says
    Cool. I missed the fine print.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Anyone have a number on Legacy Pricing for Yellows for the 2019 ST package?
    $304 if you are an original (lowest pricing) and jumps up to $457 per ticket if you were one year late when the legacy pricing came in. I have tickets in both price points. After that I am not sure where it goes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    $304 if you are an original (lowest pricing) and jumps up to $457 per ticket if you were one year late when the legacy pricing came in. I have tickets in both price points. After that I am not sure where it goes.
    It does jump around a bit as my south end ticket is $363 next season. $3 more a game than true legacy.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My season tickets have been frozen at $752 each for 2019 (same as this season). Granted, the upper deck on the east side has always been a bit expensive compared with the rest of the stadium, so perhaps this is a bit of a price correction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did they both have the same % increase? I'm curious about the growth rate - such as if the FO is trying to get the legacy pricing synched up at a higher level eventually.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did they both have the same % increase? I'm curious about the growth rate - such as if the FO is trying to get the legacy pricing synched up at a higher level eventually.
    I think a bit of that is going on. For example I had a light grey pair in 105, which prior to the first roll back was $399 a seat. It went down to $228 and in the first year after the freeze was lifted it went by $95 to $323. That is when I moved to a southend seat as it was becoming clear they were devorcing yellow from the price scale for the rest of the stadium.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    It does jump around a bit as my south end ticket is $363 next season. $3 more a game than true legacy.
    Yes, looks like $304 in the south end for day 1 ticket holders (2012 and earlier). $363 for 2013 SSH and $457 for 2015 SSH and later.

I added my second ticket in 2015, and the first is at $304 and the second is at $457.

The prices last year were $283, $338, and $425. Looks like they just multiplied all the prices in Yellow by 7.5%.

With 20 matches (the same as last year), this is now $15.20 to $22.85 a ticket. Gosh, I have to stop selling my spare for $15!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the top of 226, jumping from $721 per seat to $808 (12% increase).
    I don't think they will be seeing 97% renewal this time around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are the prices in 111, since season one (continuous membership):

Year Matches Membership Increase Price/Game Price/Game Increase
    2007 17 $249.00 $14.65
    2008 17 $272.00 9% $16.00 9%
    2009 18 $326.00 20% $18.11 13%
    2010 18 $367.00 13% $20.39 13%
    2011 22 $485.00 32% $22.05 8%
    2012 19 $399.00 -18% $21.00 -5%
    2013 19 $228.00 -43% $12.00 -43%
    2014 19 $228.00 0% $12.00 0%
    2015 19 $228.00 0% $12.00 0%
    2016 19 $323.00 42% $17.00 42%
    2017 19 $361.00 12% $19.00 12%
    2018 20 $430.00 19% $21.50 13%
    2019 20 $462.00 7% $23.10 7%

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    I agree that renewal rates will not be nearly as high as in previous years --- especially in the areas outside of the Yellows and Light Greys, and from "newer STH", who are paying significantly more than their "legacy" counterparts in some cases......the reality is that it will be the dark grey/red on the west side, and upper east side (in general) which will be the ones left behind as per previous seasons I would imagine.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not a fan of mobile ticketing at all.
    up until this year i had always printed tickets at home. something about the need to have that pc of paper in my hand. this year i havent printed once and only used the app. its fantastic. not only does it reduce paper waste but it will reduce scalpers too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

about a 9% increase for me in 226

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by motorheadfc View Post
    up until this year i had always printed tickets at home. something about the need to have that pc of paper in my hand. this year i havent printed once and only used the app. its fantastic. not only does it reduce paper waste but it will reduce scalpers too.
    My phone battery is sort of....questionable. It's obviously a very selfish view on my part, but I always liked printing them off and keeping the hard tickets in the package as mementos. I'm sure in a pinch I could go to the box office.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's alarming to me is that my seats in 110 have gone up by 70% in the last 5 years. When will this end? People's salaries have, more than likely, not gone up by nearly this much over that time period. Inflation and cost of living surely haven't either. This is gouging

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DFloorDanny View Post
    What's alarming to me is that my seats in 110 have gone up by 70% in the last 5 years. When will this end? People's salaries have, more than likely, not gone up by nearly this much over that time period. Inflation and cost of living surely haven't either. This is gouging
    After the year one pricing thing it was always going to be a climb back to where they wanted the tickets to be. I am sure, since MLSE deal with expensive Raptors and Leafs tickets, they probably think our tickets prices at the current price are still very low and they probably also think we shouldn't be complaining about it but 70% increase in 5 years is pretty steep so you have a right to complain I would say. I don't think there is an end in sight until they hit that mark where renewal is hurting bad enough to do something. If they get a high renewal rate this year that will indicate to them our acceptance of the current price points.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by motorheadfc View Post
    The trend all over North America is towards ticketless, a few MLS stadiums have gone in that direction. Ultimately most probably will. It elininates the scalping outside of the stadium, guys with tickets in hand.

The ultimate goal, besides saving costs, is to have all resales go through the team or their agent. Then they will know who is likely a scalper and can choose what to do about it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The trend all over North America is towards ticketless, a few MLS stadiums have gone in that direction. Ultimately most probably will. It elininates the scalping outside of the stadium, guys with tickets in hand.

The ultimate goal, besides saving costs, is to have all resales go through the team or their agent. Then they will know who is likely a scalper and can choose what to do about it.
    I am surprised scalpers are still around to be honest. I bought tickets in my day back when I was a teenager wanting to get into a concert the day of the show or into a Leaf game last minute because the hardcopy tickets were the actual tickets. Hard to copy. Never had an issue.

Now you have guys these days holding a bunch of 8.5x11 sheets of paper that could be easily fakes or multiple photocopies of the same tickets. I always think to myself what person in their right mind would hand these guys cash for that sheet of paper that may or may not work at the gate. I guess people still trust them because they are still there. I am just not that trusting.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am surprised scalpers are still around to be honest. I bought tickets in my day back when I was a teenager wanting to get into a concert the day of the show or into a Leaf game last minute because the hardcopy tickets were the actual tickets. Hard to copy. Never had an issue.

Now you have guys these days holding a bunch of 8.5x11 sheets of paper that could be easily fakes or multiple photocopies of the same tickets. I always think to myself what person in their right mind would hand these guys cash for that sheet of paper that may or may not work at the gate. I guess people still trust them because they are still there. I am just not that trusting.
    To counterpoint that, I had a guy a couple years ago worried that the printed ticket I was selling him (because friends bailed last minute) was a fake, or copy, or whatever, and wondered why I didn't have the original. I pointed out that by printing the ticket, it voided the original that came at the start of the season, so really there is no guarantee regardless of what they're holding in their hand.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    To counterpoint that, I had a guy a couple years ago worried that the printed ticket I was selling him (because friends bailed last minute) was a fake, or copy, or whatever, and wondered why I didn't have the original. I pointed out that by printing the ticket, it voided the original that came at the start of the season, so really there is no guarantee regardless of what they're holding in their hand.
    For sure I totally agree. What I meant by having actual hardcopy tickets it was back in the 80's/90's when there was no such things as PDF tickets. I guess I should have been more clear when I said back in my day. My point is basically your point. No matter what they have in their hand you can't trust them these days. That is why I am surprised they are still there. Obviously they are making money or they wouldn't be there. I always had a concern with the new system that my phone would die or the app wouldn't connect or something so I always bring the tickets but I guess I will be forced to use my phone eventually it sounds like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post

for sure!!