0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crappers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game over, I guess. Whatever spirit and motivation the team had must have drained out now. Oh well, this was always going to be tough, and the whole team set themselves up with the hope of gaining at least a point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FFS Bradley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not bad effort considering 7 starters are not playing

Bradley is put in risky position every game and he typically gives up the ball at least once per game
    this time he gave it up in no mans land, nobody could save him this time

i don't get why everybody thinks this Jansen guy is so good??

i was at bmo on saturday and he did nothing and tonight nothing
    and he missed a sitter
    Last edited by stevep; 08-29-2018 at 11:27 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wish Bradley would learn to look around before he receives the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said it many times....Bradley is a turnover machine. Time to move on.
    Last edited by BakaGaijin; 08-29-2018 at 11:25 PM. Reason: njxnx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had 2 games in hand and we just completely wasted 1 of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turn out the lights
    The party's over
    They say that all
    Good things must end
    Call it a night
    The party's over
    And tomorrow starts
    The same old thing again
    What a crazy crazy party
    Never seen so many people
    Laughing dancing
    Look at you, you're having fun
    But look at me
    I'm almost cryin'
    But that don't keep her love from dyin'
    Misery 'cause for me the party's over
    Turn out the lights
    The party's over
    They say that all
    Good things must end
    Last edited by InDa_110; 08-29-2018 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy! Answer your shoe, dude! Can't afford to be let down by DPs when the team is so undermanned. Decent first 45 ultimately means jack. Not much reason to believe this team can win out the remaining games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t worry the greatest team of all time will win every game now make the playoffs and win the MLS Cup , ya let’s keep resting players for games because they can afford to, moreover , how many games has TFC won with guys like Chapman, Telfer ,Fraser, Hamilton on the field together not many I don’t think, when are these guys ever going to step up they have been giving so many opportunities this season and have done nothing and people complain why they don’t play the Canadians please!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it wrong to say im extremely disappointed with my club this year??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If its and buts were candies and nuts... at the end of the day we were just missing too much talent in the starting XI to win.

The only way we have a chance here is if everyone that was out today is available for every single game to close out the year... and given how this season has gone in that department... yeah, not looking good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    not bad effort considering 7 starters are not playing

Bradley is put in risky position every game and he typically gives up the ball at least once per game
    this time he gave it up in no mans land, nobody could save him this time

and he missed a sitter

um he assisted on osorio's goal, created a lot of space for gio with his runs.
    This game inches from having 2 goals.

Not sure what you saw at BMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post

and he missed a sitter
    To be fair, we were always outnumbered whenever we moved into Portland's final third. We were so slow in bringing the ball forward that Portland were already in their shape, and we never had a spare player push up and stretch Portland.

The midfield did a good job in moving the ball forward, but they and the wing backs were very slow coming up. They were there for the taking, but we weren't committed to attacking them. That's what happens when we're set up to play with fear instead of confidence.

Too often have I seen us be tentative and reserved. Janson (and Bakero), in this regard, have been a breath of fresh air with their positivity. Unfortunately, the rest of the team aren't on the same wavelength. Against Montréal, Janson got an assist and was crucial in creating space for Seba and Oso with his perpetual movement. The rotations between those 3 were beautiful to watch, but along with that, the rest of the team were positive in their approach. Here, though, it was the exact opposite: the front 3 were isolated until they held onto the ball for a good few seconds, and we didn't have the quality out wide to stretch Portland.

There's an air of negativity in the dressing room, and it won't go away until this season ends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    is it wrong to say im extremely disappointed with my club this year??
    You're not alone. The message TFC were sending out was wrong from the beginning. I felt that the whole club became somewhat complacent about the MLS as they targeted the CCL this year. Hopefully, this is a harsh lesson for everyone in the club from Manning to Morgan.
    Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    um he assisted on osorio's goal, created a lot of space for gio with his runs.
    This game inches from having 2 goals.

Not sure what you saw at BMO
    I'm glad I'm not alone with that assessment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m thinking by the middle of September they should be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs , time to clean house and include the coach and manager and whoever the trainer is, and please say bye bye to Mavinga and Vasquez who should retire before walking might be a problem never mind playing soccer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First.ill say the 2nd goal is on vanney, he clearly directed irwin to pass to Bradley in the middle.

Issue with Bradley is either fatigue or decline.
    2 give aways off his foot, unsure where team communication was .

Chapman cannot cross, he had a decent game except when near the 18 yard box.

Many easy passes instead of shooting2 the ball.

I also don't get if u bring on Hamilton ,why not have him and Fraser on together as the have some chemistry.

They said that vanney calculated 50 missed training sessions this season.

Not sure what heck is up with the medical staff, mavinga still not healthy.

I assume, auro, mavinga will be back soon.

Gio could actually get worse.
    I'm pleased with janson, may be his issue is finishing.

I thought bakero made some nice passes. Fraser did well for a 20 year old

We now have 3 away games to win 1, and obv win out at home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it feels like the club knows we will support them whether or not results show up on the field, in my opinion i knew something was wrong back in march when all of our eggs went in to CCL and lost at finals, we have to stand up and show our frustration but how do we do it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This really sucks. Where is the drive and desire to actually play to your abilities. I can't wait to here the recycled excuses from Vanney. I am tired of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really people what do you expect...7 starters out.telfer and chapman our wingbacks.stop the whining people jezzz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    really people what do you expect...7 starters out.telfer and chapman our wingbacks.stop the whining people jezzz.
    Your missing the big picture this has been going on for 26 games, we havent show our best team throughout the season, im indicating that a proper team knows how to get the best of their team and this year is a write off and am frustrated on what can be great hasnt been

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Your missing the big picture this has been going on for 26 games, we havent show our best team throughout the season, im indicating that a proper team knows how to get the best of their team and this year is a write off and am frustrated on what can be great hasnt been
    the big picture is they had a 2 week break from last season travelled more than any other team we have not had our best team all year.. injuries injuries injuries,,is the bottom line.its prob too late ..but if ever got our best 11 out there we can beat anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are they constantly missing 4-7 starters? That's the real question. I keep saying this but red bulls are rolling along and they have had the same schedule plus lost their coach in July and have 1/4th Wages

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was a lost cause before it even started --- we put out a lineup that was missing at least 1/2 of the starters on a few days rest after flying across the country......well at least the travel excuse and short week excuse is pretty much done after Saturday --- no more games outside of the eastern time zone (NY/DC/MTL), and really only the Montreal game being played with less than a weeks rest after this Saturday's game against LA (unless we count Campeones Cup BS)......let's be frank before this season even started I would have put the @Portland game on a short week as a "schedule loss" - and that was before we even knew a lineup without Gio, Oso, Mavinga, VDW, Vasquez weren't playing.....you simply can't win by having 4-6 of your top guys out of your starting lineup for about 80% of the season (the stat of less than 10% of the total MLS minutes played together for Jozy/Gio/Vasquez really sums up the year to me - add in Mavinga being gone for most of the season too and this team had no chance this year).....no other team would be getting results in that situation either.....whether the blame lies in the CCL run, some type of training/fitness issue is another question --- but to consistently not be able to field a starting 11 that isn't missing almost 1/2 of your starters is a lost cause.....

The amount of minutes not played by Mavinga, Vasquez, Jozy, Moor, Auro Jr. and even VDW and Gio (to a lesser extent) is ridiculous...

Prior to tonight:

Jozy - 7 GS and about 520 minutes played (about 20-25% of MLS minutes played)
    Mavinga - 6 GS and 500 minutes played (about 20-25% played)
    Vasquez - 14 GS and 1100 minutes played (almost 50% played)
    Moor - 4 GS and 388 minutes played (about 17% played)
    Morrow - 12 GS and 1070 minutes played (less than 50%)
    Auro Jr - 12GS and 1060 minutes played (less than 50%)
    (VDW - 18 GS and 1700 minutes played - still about 20-25% not played)
    (Gio has started 20 (out of 26) and had played 1850 minutes or about 20% minutes not played - still a factor considering how little Jozy has played too.....)

In comparison - Martinez, Almiron and Gressel have all played around 2200 minutes already this season or approx 94% (!!!) of the minutes to be played in MLS this year by AUFC.....Gio and Jozy last year did not even play 2200 minutes for the entire 34 game season (about 68-72% of the available minutes for the regular season in 2017) and Bradley who is the obvious minutes horse of the team played about 88% of the available minutes last year.....this is all pretty extreme in my opinion and a little regression to the mean in terms of AUFC health or our lack thereof goes a long way to explaining this season to me ----- based on the minutes distribution of 2017, the "apparent" depth of last years team to me is astounding when you see how top heavy the top teams are this year in the East in terms of the load their stars play (NYRB actually have a bit more equitable minutes distribution with their top stars playing a bit less and NYCFC was missing Villa for about 1/2 the season this year).....

It is what it is.....but most of this league has 6-9 guys that have to be on the field for their team every week to be competitive, or there is a significant drop off in terms of talent ---- that people thought TFC was somehow 15+ players deep after last year was a bit of a fallacy being borne out this year (as I said earlier, their minutes distribution for 2017 was ridiculous for the results that they achieved) --- I don't honestly believe that any of the MLS goes that deep frankly --- give me the starting 11 for 80-90% of the year and I would bet we are a solid playoff team that contends......
    Last edited by tfcfans; 08-30-2018 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    the big picture is they had a 2 week break from last season travelled more than any other team we have not had our best team all year.. injuries injuries injuries,,is the bottom line.its prob too late ..but if ever got our best 11 out there we can beat anyone.
    I agree we are worn down and not at our best. Leaving tonight side (clearly not our A+ lineup) do you think, once healthy, our players are as good as they were last year? Good enough to win it all again? I am not so sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    This was a lost cause before it even started --- we put out a lineup that was missing at least 1/2 of the starters on a few days rest after flying across the country......well at least the travel excuse and short week excuse is pretty much done after Saturday --- no more games outside of the eastern time zone (NY/DC/MTL), and really only the Montreal game being played with less than a weeks rest after this Saturday's game against LA (unless we count Campeones Cup BS)......let's be frank before this season even started I would have put the @Portland game on a short week as a "schedule loss" - and that was before we even knew a lineup without Gio, Oso, Mavinga, VDW, Vasquez weren't playing.....you simply can't win by having 4-6 of your top guys out of your starting lineup for about 80% of the season (the stat of less than 10% of the total MLS minutes played together for Jozy/Gio/Vasquez really sums up the year to me - add in Mavinga being gone for most of the season too and this team had no chance this year).....no other team would be getting results in that situation either.....whether the blame lies in the CCL run, some type of training/fitness issue is another question --- but to consistently not be able to field a starting 11 that isn't missing almost 1/2 of your starters is a lost cause.....

The amount of minutes not played by Mavinga, Vasquez, Jozy, Moor, Auro Jr. and even VDW and Gio (to a lesser extent) is ridiculous...

Prior to tonight:

Jozy - 7 GS and about 520 minutes played (about 20-25% of MLS minutes played)
    Mavinga - 6 GS and 500 minutes played (about 20-25% played)
    Vasquez - 14 GS and 1100 minutes played (almost 50% played)
    Moor - 4 GS and 388 minutes played (about 17% played)
    Morrow - 12 GS and 1070 minutes played (less than 50%)
    Auro Jr - 12GS and 1060 minutes played (less than 50%)
    (VDW - 18 GS and 1700 minutes played - still about 20-25% not played)
    (Gio has started 20 (out of 26) and had played 1850 minutes or about 20% minutes not played - still a factor considering how little Jozy has played too.....)

In comparison - Martinez, Almiron and Gressel have all played around 2200 minutes already this season or approx 94% (!!!) of the minutes to be played in MLS this year by AUFC.....Gio and Jozy last year did not even play 2200 minutes for the entire 34 game season (about 68-72% of the available minutes for the regular season in 2017) and Bradley who is the obvious minutes horse of the team played about 88% of the available minutes last year.....this is all pretty extreme in my opinion and a little regression to the mean in terms of AUFC health or our lack thereof goes a long way to explaining this season to me ----- based on the minutes distribution of 2017, the "apparent" depth of last years team to me is astounding when you see how top heavy the top teams are this year in the East in terms of the load their stars play (NYRB actually have a bit more equitable minutes distribution with their top stars playing a bit less and NYCFC was missing Villa for about 1/2 the season this year).....

It is what it is.....but most of this league has 6-9 guys that have to be on the field for their team every week to be competitive, or there is a significant drop off in terms of talent ---- that people thought TFC was somehow 15+ players deep after last year was a bit of a fallacy being borne out this year (as I said earlier, their minutes distribution for 2017 was ridiculous for the results that they achieved) --- I don't honestly believe that any of the MLS goes that deep frankly --- give me the starting 11 for 80-90% of the year and I would bet we are a solid playoff team that contends......
    i really dont know what people expect with all these injuries.im giving the club a mulligan this season.but they have to look at the training staff and training methods

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I agree we are worn down and not at our best. Leaving tonight side (clearly not our A+ lineup) do you think, once healthy, our players are as good as they were last year? Good enough to win it all again? I am not so sure.
    I think we would at least be a competitive top-4 team in the East with a healthy lineup for 30 games of the year (along with AUFC, NYRB and NYCFC) and after that the playoffs involve some luck as we all know.....take multiple top stars off of other teams for extended periods of time, and I would bet their records would be worse too......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    it may be too late ..but i bet you that not too many teams would want to play our full squad in the playoffs