Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a side note - what’s going on with the forums?! I’m getting dead links to a different domain especially when using my phone....anyone else still getting things hit and miss with the forums since yesterday afternoon or so?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The fix is in.

First refuse to reschedule all but one game during the CCL.

Then plan a schedule that has TFC criss-cross the continent over and over in short time.

Then fail to review other teams hacking down Seba but punish TFC severely.

It's almost like they want the Canadian club out completely so that two US teams can be in the final. Then ratings should be high in the all important US market.
    I agree that the fix is in, lets not be a good polite Canadian fanbase from know on, let's go ballistic, litter the field, throw shit at the linesmen and refs, throw shit at the opposing teams and coaches, just venting, but if you are going to take a red card, break someone's legs doing it. The fuck with good sportsmanship

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    Jozy is suspended for this match too. MLS announced that he is receiving an extra game. It’s unbelievable that it took the league 10 days to announce the additional match.

Https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfcs-jozy-alitdore-suspended-fined-actions-nycfc/
    If the team learned this as we are now then TFC should file a grievance with FIFA.

Under no circumstances should TFC have to worry about a player being suspended 10 additional days after the fact. The team fully prepared for Jozy to be in the lineup and now must scrap that plan.

MLS corruption at its best.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    On a side note - what’s going on with the forums?! I’m getting dead links to a different domain especially when using my phone....anyone else still getting things hit and miss with the forums since yesterday afternoon or so?!

Yup, was getting a 404 error for 24 hours or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely ridiculous that this comes through right now, the MLS is a joke. This has been happening all season, Maxi Moralez kicks out at Osorio in the same game as Altidore - nothing. NOT EVEN a one game retroactive suspension for what should have been an easy red card.

Earlier this season, Giovinco gets a red for grabbing a guys face vs New England. At that time I was told that hand to the face = automatic red. Haven't seen anything to follow that as of late. Urruti did it to Hagglund in the dallas vs tfc game this year and nothing came of it.

Just now, Kemar Lawrence shoves Tinnerholm to the ground around neck level - yellow card. Mavinga on the other hand straight red vs Atlanta after being provoked.

On the note of this thread, I see TFC taking this one 2-1. Mavinga is back and he's the X Factor for this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can go right when the CNE doors open at 10am or however early it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    can I take my son, both of us going to TFC game at say 2 in the afternoon and get in free to the ex or do you only get in free when stadium is open. are there any restrictions re time when you cant get in free with ur ticket. wouldn't mind making a day of it with him then hit the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fix is in.

Then plan a schedule that has TFC criss-cross the continent over and over in short time.

It's almost like they want the Canadian club out completely so that two US teams can be in the final. Then ratings should be high in the all important US market.
    Calm down. Houston didn't agree to a re-schedule not the league, the league were all for it. Remember when TFC moved the DC game? Red Bulls moved their game with Houston, Houston weren't doing it twice. Which is absolutely their right.

And the league schedule was set well before the CCL draw was made.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

And the league schedule was set well before the CCL draw was made.
    With all of those cross continental flights in a very short time. Certainly no other MLS club has had to deal with this.

Anyway, I want our guys to win or go down fighting, no matter what the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm flabbergasted. Is there any precedent for waiting 10 days to hand down additional punishment? I'd be okay if they declared Altidore suspended 2 games when they initially handed down their ruling. That would be fair. But to wait *that long* a period of time, with the club thinking everything was done? Something's fishy here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fix is in.

I had this exact discussion earlier tonight. To me it reeks of the fix being in. The league I believe is terrified of us going on a late season run, winning MLS cup and fucking up their CCL allotments again. Since Atlanta joined the league, Garber & Co. have had a hard on for them. Mavinga 2 games for a one handed push (I wouldn't even call it a smack) and Almiron nothing for spitting on him. Martinez head butt ( on Jozy I think) and nothing but Jozy gets 2 games (and the 2nd being announced 10 days after the incident and 72 hours before our Derby match to completely screw with the game prep). They want Atlanta to break the points record and Martinez to demolish the scoring record.

It is a joke

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The across continental flights thing happens the exact same every time we play Vancouver in the Voyageurs.

Flights are flights and we will always have at least 3 to the West coast.

As for the timing of the suspension, other players on other teams have had these second games provided late - the usual reason is an appeal of the extension fails.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am OK with the suspension.

I am not OK with the scheduling thing. There is something unfair about the totality of it this year. It’s not 3 flights.

Have a guess at how many times Montreal has had to play a game in 4 nights or fewer after a 4+ hour flight.....

One

What kind of “competitive balance” is that? We have played 11 games like that. After next week we will have played 13 games after 4+ hour flights within 3/4 nights of the previous game, within 5 months.

The particular combination of fixture congestion with transcon flying is lethal, insane. I will wager a pint that no other team in soccer history in any serious league has ever done that 13 times in 5 months.

The league owes some kind of duty to every team in CCL to look out for these kinds of things, and to any team that runs into something like this. Whether the league office intervene or don’t, when these kinds of things arise, they will be accused of interfering with competitive balance.

But by sitting on their hands, they have gotten this wrong, they have interfered just by doing nothing and letting it happen. They should have moved some games around. Last weeks game in SJ and next weeks game in Portland being Exhibit 1A and 1B - these are an effing travesty. Especially the Portland game. Jesus H Christ, to have to play home, away west coast, home, in 7 days, after all this, that could have been addressed. (In blaming the league, I am assuming Manning tried to address this with the league and failed, but if he didn’t, that is a problem also)

I missed this issue in April, when I was sanguine about the league making us throw the games to Colorado and Houston, but I am pissed about that now. We mostly come from the school that you have to fight through adversity. But this isn’t adversity, or bad luck, it could have and should have been addressed but wasn’t. This is an abdication by the league, malpractice. It has gone way, way too far. We have been cheated out of the opportunity of watching decent football. Our guys can barely get out of bed.
    Last edited by ensco; 08-23-2018 at 07:29 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I'm flabbergasted. Is there any precedent for waiting 10 days to hand down additional punishment? I'd be okay if they declared Altidore suspended 2 games when they initially handed down their ruling. That would be fair. But to wait *that long* a period of time, with the club thinking everything was done? Something's fishy here...
    Yeah I agree. If this league is going to grow it’s fan base it needs to be more transparent. This kind of stuff matters to fans and it can’t be so as hoc. They should have the decision no later than two days after the game. It isn’t rocket science.

Did any beat reporter ask the club for an update along the way? It’s unbelievable how poor the coverage can be at times. We’re just left to wonder as fans what is happening.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

I missed this issue in April, when I was sanguine about the league making us throw the games to Colorado and Houston, but I am pissed about that now. We mostly come from the school that you have to fight through adversity. But this isn’t adversity, or bad luck, it could have and should have been addressed but wasn’t. This is an abdication by the league, malpractice. It has gone way, way too far. We have been cheated out of the opportunity of watching decent football. Our guys can barely get out of bed.
    Seba joking that even the plane was ill is a perfect example of gallows humour by a team that is dead tired. No way they can compete given this.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is probably the wrong place to post this (sorry), but according to this Oliver Platt tweet, Inebriatti are finished as an official supporters' group.
    https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/1032616971689500673

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    This is probably the wrong place to post this (sorry), but according to this Oliver Platt tweet, Inebriatti are finished as an official supporters' group.
    https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/1032616971689500673
    A shame that the one's not involved have to pay the price for the actions of a few idiots. But as I said before, you hang around the barn long enough you come out smelling like shit.

TFC can win this game even though Altidore is wrongfully suspended an additional game, and if VV is still injured, the boys have to grit it out, come on TFC beat the L'mpact

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Injury update

same old same old

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Injury update

same old same old

There has to be an issue with the trainers and program these players are on. The amount of injuries does no make sense. They've all had plenty of time out to recover.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeRo2015 View Post
    Is Jozy eligible to play on Saturday?
    No, MLS added an extra game to his suspension

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is Mavinga injured again????
    I think VV's knee is done. It's been an issue for the entire season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    How is Mavinga injured again????
    I think VV's knee is done. It's been an issue for the entire season.
    Good thing the FO extended him and doubled his money!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Good thing the FO extended him and doubled his money!
    Why are you wasting time here?

You can see the future, just go and pick the 6/49 numbers...
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Why are you wasting time here?

You can see the future, just go and pick the 6/49 numbers...
    Obviously was a bit over the top... but I will always argue that doubling the money of a guy in his 30's when you have him on a bargain deal and supposedly just signed his long-term replacement is an idiotic piece of business.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro confirming that TFC knew of the extra game suspension for Jozy last week.

They appealed and were denied. That is why its only being announced now.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't understand why what he did warrants an extra game though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously was a bit over the top... but I will always argue that doubling the money of a guy in his 30's when you have him on a bargain deal and supposedly just signed his long-term replacement is an idiotic piece of business.
    They just extended him, I think. I don't think they doubled his comp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/tor...laries-2018/It appears they did^^. I'm surprised too. Didn't catch that during the off-season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's 27 not in his 30's.... 3 years in his 20's is not a bad decision at face value
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    He's 27 not in his 30's.... 3 years in his 20's is not a bad decision at face value
    31 years old..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with a serious history of knee injuries...