Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 197
  1. #1
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,332
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Match Day 25 - Impact @ TFC Saturday August 25 8pm - To Hold & Have




    Yes I'm sure, that this can all go wrong and
    I am sure there won't always be laughter
    At night I come home from dreaming of the future
    I come home from dreaming that we'll somehow
    Divide and I can't stop dreaming
    Oh believing, in what we have
    In what we have


    ********

    Have at It People

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 119
    Posts
    11,517
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do or die. It's pretty straight forward at this point.

  3. #3
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Georgetown
    Posts
    2,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I dont care if the season is over or not.

    We never want to lose to Montreal. Even when they stunk last season, they brought it to us and kicked our butts.

    This game always has a ton of meaning. Time to kill it!
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TFC's playoff chances are sitting at 6.3%
    http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/TorontoFC.html

    It goes up to 9.3% if they beat Montreal on Sat.

  5. #5
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,791
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    I dont care if the season is over or not.

    We never want to lose to Montreal. Even when they stunk last season, they brought it to us and kicked our butts.

    This game always has a ton of meaning. Time to kill it!
    Here here...kick their ass badly please.

  6. #6
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Sarnia, Ontario
    Posts
    170
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Couldn’t agree more! We could be sitting with zero wins this season and I’d still classify this match as massive. It’s the biggest derby of the year at home for god sakes. It’s never nice losing a derby match. Massive one for the boys and I can’t wait to be inside BMO!! COYR
    STADIUM FULL, FLAGS IN THE SKY, SMOKE FILLS THE AIR

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't start the Zavaleta, Hagglund or Morgan. Maybe play Clint Irwin, he had a great game against Vancouver

  8. #8
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Sarnia, Ontario
    Posts
    170
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Don't start the Zavaleta, Hagglund or Morgan. Maybe play Clint Irwin, he had a great game against Vancouver
    Zavaleta should never be starting. He’s such a liability at the back. I’m thinking Moor is back fit now so he should start and with Mavinga back from suspension he will be ready to go as well.
    My Starting 11:
    Bono
    VDW Moor Mavinga
    Auro El Capitano Morrow
    Oso Delgado
    Seba Jozy
    if Vasquez is fit then drop Auro and go a back four with Vasquez in front of Oso and Marky to complete the diamond.
    STADIUM FULL, FLAGS IN THE SKY, SMOKE FILLS THE AIR

  9. #9
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,332
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Auro is injured.

    I'd rather have VDW as the RB in a 4-4-2 then Zavs starting as the RCB in a 3-5-2 but I suspect we go with the 3-5-2.

  10. #10
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,791
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Auro is injured.

    I'd rather have VDW as the RB in a 4-4-2 then Zavs starting as the RCB in a 3-5-2 but I suspect we go with the 3-5-2.
    I think you are right. Would love to see Vazquez in there but who knows what his health status is these days. Great thing is I don't have to have that pressure of picking the lineup. I just have to make sure I am at the stadium on time....Go Reds!

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    At this point I would be extremely surprised if wee make the playoffs. I have had this feeling for a while now. With that being said. Win this fucking game!!! Losing to the Limpact is never an option.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Need to put the best on who's healthy - I think that means a 4-4-2. Have VDW & Morrow bombing down the flanks.

    Bono
    VDW Moor Mavinga Morrow
    Bradley
    Delgado Osorio
    VV
    Seba Jozy

    If VV isn't healthy enough to start would like to see Janson slotted in. Seemed to be moving the ball well early in SJ and find space himself. If can link up with Seba or spring guys that's what the team will need. Hard to say if either he or VV is fit enough for 90 though.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can’t help but wonder if Janson was brought in to play in a 4-3-3 when Vasquez isn’t healthy. Re-imagines Gio’s role without moving him into the midfield.

    Bono
    VDW-Moor-Mavinga-Morrow
    Delgado-Bradley-Osorio
    Janson-Altidore-Giovinco

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I think you are right. Would love to see Vazquez in there but who knows what his health status is these days. Great thing is I don't have to have that pressure of picking the lineup. I just have to make sure I am at the stadium on time....Go Reds!
    Don't forget the Ex is on, so plan accordingly to get through the weekend crowds!

  15. #15
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Sarnia, Ontario
    Posts
    170
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know it’s early still, but is there any plans in place for a march to the match? Always love this march pre game to get hyped for the match.
    STADIUM FULL, FLAGS IN THE SKY, SMOKE FILLS THE AIR

  16. #16
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,791
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    Don't forget the Ex is on, so plan accordingly to get through the weekend crowds!
    For sure. Hitting a 5PM GO train so I am good. Got to get my belly full at the Food Building pregame.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Would of preferred an earlier start for the match.
    The match will be over around 10:00 p.m.
    The buildings at the ex close at 10:00 p.m.
    Wow, most people will be trying to leave the grounds at the same time!

  18. #18
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Food Building is staying open until 11:00pm on the next two Saturdays for the post-TFC crowd......at least someone was thinking proactively on that front....

    From the CNE website - Hours: 10 am to 10pm (daily).10 am to 11 pm (Saturdays: August 25 & September 1 - due to Toronto FC Games).

    Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    Would of preferred an earlier start for the match.
    The match will be over around 10:00 p.m.
    The buildings at the ex close at 10:00 p.m.
    Wow, most people will be trying to leave the grounds at the same time!

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Too bad in & out of stadium at half time isn't allowed
    I always took Columbus Crew as the one team I never want to see our team lose too. Also because they were our main close by competition when we joined the league, and they have actually won trophies.
    Regardless shouldn't be losing to Montreal. Its like losing to a younger brother

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nordrhein-Westfalen, GER
    Posts
    1,255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I can’t help but wonder if Janson was brought in to play in a 4-3-3 when Vasquez isn’t healthy. Re-imagines Gio’s role without moving him into the midfield.

    Bono
    VDW-Moor-Mavinga-Morrow
    Delgado-Bradley-Osorio
    Janson-Altidore-Giovinco
    Would love to see this, but Giovinco—God bless him—simply won't provide enough defence/pressing for it to work, nor do I think, at his age and as he gets on, that we should be asking that of him; he excels in a manor similar to Messi, almost looking disinterested, and then exploding into action.

    Likely we'll see Delgado at the top of the diamond, again, if neither of VV or Janson can go 90 mins.

  21. #21
    RPB Member Away Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    MTL... yuck
    Posts
    275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A win for us would also put a dent in Impacts play off push, and if we don’t make the playoffs, helping to keep them out would be an alright consolation prize I guess.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

  22. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tunnelred View Post
    A win for us would also put a dent in Impacts play off push, and if we don’t make the playoffs, helping to keep them out would be an alright consolation prize I guess.
    The season has been so frustrating, so any consolation prize is an extra plus at this point! With DC surging and a very hopeful hot streak for TFC, maybe we can make them miss the playoffs.

  23. #23
    RPB Member Away Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    MTL... yuck
    Posts
    275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    The season has been so frustrating, so any consolation prize is an extra plus at this point! With DC surging and a very hopeful hot streak for TFC, maybe we can make them miss the playoffs.
    It would be the best if we sneak in at their expense!
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

  24. #24
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,332
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Has anybody over the last couple of years used their ticket on their phone to get into the Ex? Any issues? Trying to avoid printing my ticket.

  25. #25
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Georgetown
    Posts
    2,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Alright I had to laugh at this remark from Seba.

    https://twitter.com/joshuakloke/stat...936674816?s=19

  26. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Has anybody over the last couple of years used their ticket on their phone to get into the Ex? Any issues? Trying to avoid printing my ticket.
    I have a few times, no issues so far.

  27. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    914
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    can I take my son, both of us going to TFC game at say 2 in the afternoon and get in free to the ex or do you only get in free when stadium is open. are there any restrictions re time when you cant get in free with ur ticket. wouldn't mind making a day of it with him then hit the game

  28. #28
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,332
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    can I take my son, both of us going to TFC game at say 2 in the afternoon and get in free to the ex or do you only get in free when stadium is open. are there any restrictions re time when you cant get in free with ur ticket. wouldn't mind making a day of it with him then hit the game
    You get in free all day.

  29. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Pickering
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is Jozy eligible to play on Saturday?

  30. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Dears are a great band.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •