Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Official Vent thread...(The future of TFC)

Regardless of what we now know of a failed season in the MLS. I know we are a better team and we are starting to play in stretches much better football the San Jose game not withstanding, Morrow has regressed, Seemingly Vasquez and most of our starters have been injured, what frustrates me is the amount of dropped points due to VAR and mental mistakes. Another is every week I think we are finally getting healthy. Only to get a new injury or an old injury prevent someone from playing. The Hasler trade was to free allocation money? Anyways we have lost and tied games by every imaginable way. Teams are goading our players into suspensions and VAR has screwed us countless times. I also notice opponents never get RED cards against them when they play us. I can't remember it was in the 85th min a guy came in two footed studs from behind in the Quakes game and he didn't get a card? Anyways what are your thoughts on everything that has happened this year? and do you think we can dig ourselves out of this or was this a great 2 year run and we have to start over...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VAR should have no place in the game in my opinion. Before if a refereeing mistake was made we just learned to get over it. Now, the referee chooses whether or not he wants to check if they made a mistake and sometimes still get calls wrong. Making the referee the star of the show again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Not saying that necessarily from the perspective of a TFC fan, but as someone who likes fair and equal refereeing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    VAR should have no place in the game in my opinion. Before if a refereeing mistake was made we just learned to get over it. Now, the referee chooses whether or not he wants to check if they made a mistake and sometimes still get calls wrong. Making the referee the star of the show again

VAR is fine, the world cup proved that. It's MLS Pro referees that are terrible and inconsistent. The VAR is there to be used when needed but if the ref chooses not to, that is the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    VAR is fine, the world cup proved that. It's MLS Pro referees that are terrible and inconsistent. The VAR is there to be used when needed but if the ref chooses not to, that is the problem.
    I like the idea of less calls being wrong, but I don't think in MLS there have been a significant enough number of correct overturned calls. The world cup was pretty good but there were still a few questionable calls. I know it'll never be perfect, but I just don't think that delaying the match is worth it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes like Ronaldo not getting red carded for that nasty elbow. Anyone else would have gotten a red card. That is the problem with VAR is that it is judgemental, if the VAR refuses to look at it or be biased he can.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This topic is already being covered in this thread: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...44#post1878344
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto