Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do the rest of the games matter, we have given up to many pts to advance into the playoffs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Defence without Moor or Mavinga is bad.

Bono regressed.

Chapman not progressing.

Look good with the big guns in but we are where we deserve to be.
    Mavinga is the best defender in MLS. We stink without him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    But putting Moor instead of attacking player hurt TFC. After that sub, it went downhill for them.

Having Giovinco with support of Chapman killed us.
    Our balance was pretty good with a 5-4-1. We looked comfortable in possession, and our midfield/attack was more comfortable pressing higher up and forcing San Jose to clear the ball. That one stupid mistake by Hagglund and then Bono really cost us the game; otherwise, we were looking quite comfortable whilst San Jose were starting to lose confidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad game Bad Defence Playing that way against the last place team Giovinco coming in way too late, And Hagglund with that terrible pass back, and then the Howler by Bono for like the what 5 time this year to cost us points how many 8 10 points?. Its just terrible... We will always have that two season run but everything that could go wrong has this season Injuries Bad goals Guys coming back to get injured again. This has been more painful. Even with Ryan Nelson Preki etc you go into the game expecting to lose here you go into a game thinking what possible way will they drop points. Why are you defending a 1-0 lead on the road against the last place team. Injuries happen yes but to play that fragile against the last place team is a disgrace.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Hagglund will be defending against Oduro; in USL...
    Yup. Hagglund cant keep up with the new crop of players this season. He looks shocking with the ball at his feet. Can't make a single decent pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    As far as a lot of people in here were concerned, it was over.
    Uh? How can you even compare it. We were pretty much always in a playoff position in 2016 and finished comfortably 3rd in the east. We are in 9th place and need about 20 points in 10 games left. This is more like 2014.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can think of 3 really bad goals given up by Bono in the last month and a half, against NYRB, NYC, and tonight. All of these goals were low shots right at BONO. Two of them went under him because he didn't get down quick enough, and tonight he give up a bad rebound. It seems he really has trouble handling low shots directed at him. I wonder if the club is going to look at what other keepers are available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Yup. Hagglund cant keep up with the new crop of players this season. He looks shocking with the ball at his feet. Can't make a single decent pass.
    I see your username is Dinamo. Is that the Dinamo of Luka Modric and Mario Mandzukic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can someone please explain the logic in starting morrow over VDW??
    at best he is 1/2 a player (not according to Caldwell, but to anybody with half a soccer brain)
    then moving Morrow over to the right makes him half a player so we essentially lose one man.
    this makes no logical sense what so ever unless it is being done on purpose.

I could swear this is being done on purpose. it is almost as if the league knows we are the best team in the league by a country mile and they want a new team to be the MLS cup winner, so we are deliberately sabotaging games with poor lineup selection, unproveable injuries to our star players, questionealbe red cards given to our star players to keep them out of games.
    call me crazy but this is really weird shit this year. I first started my suspicions after the Atlanta game and the penalty kick awarded to Martinez. how would it look if the 9th place team beats the league leaders 3-0. It would destroy all legitimacy of the MLS Cup winner. this could have happened because when we score first the floodgates open.

we saw how good we are on Wednesday, the teams in this cheesey league are not in the same league as us.
    Last edited by stevep; 08-18-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How points have been dropped by this team in the last 15 mins of games this season? If they could have finished half of these games, they would comfortably be in the playoffs.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blaming the poor start on the CONCACAF toll and injuries makes sense. But the whole season?
    Is it too much to ask how the '17 Championship hangover and subsequent exposure of our lack of depth , could have been handled better?
    Last edited by boozilla; 08-19-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The league has been against our guys we could repeat if we sneak in. We never see opposition get Reds there has been so many VAR calls go against us that have costed us 10 points at least. It is hard not to disagree with a lot of what your saying. It seems as though the Bias against our guys exists and the MLS is doing everything to make sure we don't get in. That being said I want our guys to fight a bit harder and win at least 4 more games to salvage the season in my eyes. My heart agrees with what your saying is accurate but my mind doesn't want to believe it I posted something earlier on VAR and Refs and I didn't get a single reply when I went back to review the post, I thought wow I sound really stupid and wouldn't reply to this. But the just of what i was saying is basically this is a playoff team who are being held back from being one. I wish someone in our fan base, makes a point to critique the refs because we are not just talking this year we are talking multiple years, the trickle down of this shitty Refs is to ruin any chance at a TFC dynasty they don't want a Canadian team winning multiple MLS cups, they have made it clear to the tune of I want to say at least 10 points dropped to our total. Somebody needs to discuss this on the form or we will never be allowed to be close to an MLS cup again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    we saw how good we are on Wednesday, the teams in this cheesey league are not in the same league as us.

I'm without words when reading something like this...
    How many TFC fans are living in some kind of dreamland, with such heavily pink tinted glasses, that practically it's impossible to see the reality?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    I see your username is Dinamo. Is that the Dinamo of Luka Modric and Mario Mandzukic?
    Yess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s as simple as, we have a good 13, maybe 14 players with Jansen. After that, the talent completely falls off. I’ve said it about 15 times this season and last. WE NEEDED ANOTHER CB. What the fuck was Ben thinking this season. We play 3 in the back already. I’ve never ever rated Zavaleta, and Hagglund regressed this season. That leaves you with Mavinga, Moor, and GVW if you move him to CB, which is not why we bought him. How the fuck do you expect to go threw 40 something games and expect excellence in 3 competitions with 2.5 CB’s?

And I must say, Vanney has costed us close to 8-10 points this season with horrible lineup selections, or terribly timed subs. Some of this deadwood needs to go in the off season, and if they don’t sign a CB, Bez will really have lost my faith.

The only positive note, is that Jansen kid looks good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    This result magnifies everything wrong with this years team.

Terrible defending, Vazquez injured, Mavinga suspended, Altidore suspended, stupid decisions from Vanney. We don't deserve playoffs. Pathetic.
    Don't forget Delgado sucks balls and can't score on an open net when it really counts. (Tonight, CCL final, CCL home leg of final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post

I'm without words when reading something like this...
    How many TFC fans are living in some kind of dreamland, with such heavily pink tinted glasses, that practically it's impossible to see the reality?
    you did not explain why VDW did not start? could it be to make it a more competitive game?? how in the world do you start Morgan over VDW in a must win game when Montreal and Phil already won. and add to that why is gio not starting?
    i first noticed that they try to make games competitive last season when we played Minnesota at BMO.
    Minnesota was really shit last year and if we field all our starters we win 5-0 but for some unknown reason 1/2 of our starters did not play

and do you not think this line up beats up everybody?

jozy, gio, vasquez ozorio, bradley, morrow, auro, vdw, moor, mavinga

if you don't this lineup kicks everyones ass there is nothing more i can say.

also, has this lineup ever played a game together this year??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you did not explain why VDW did not start? could it be to make it a more competitive game?? how in the world do you start Morgan over VDW in a must win game when Montreal and Phil already won. and add to that why is gio not starting?
    i first noticed that they try to make games competitive last season when we played Minnesota at BMO.
    Minnesota was really shit last year and if we field all our starters we win 5-0 but for some unknown reason 1/2 of our starters did not play

and do you not think this line up beats up everybody?

jozy, gio, vasquez ozorio, bradley, morrow, auro, vdw, moor, mavinga

if you don't this lineup kicks everyones ass there is nothing more i can say.

also, has this lineup ever played a game together this year??
    I also have another theory. they did this shit on purpose because they wanted to assess the talent on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also have another theory. they did this shit on purpose because they wanted to assess the talent on the bench.
    Anyway...oh well. It was a tough season. Like someone said earlier...last season everything went our way and this season nothing is.

I think its also fair to say that the refs are beyond shit and the league has it out for TFC...maybe cuz Bradley won't join his dad and make marketing wet dreams come true for MLS. Maybe Canadian teams really aren't worth their dime. But the amount of times we've been screwed by incompetent officiating is way too many. Other teams hack and mow down our players and nothing happens but the second one of our guys retaliates it's fucking over for them. We probably have the least amount of VAR reviews in the league too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucas became the 203rd player to have played at least one game for the Reds in club history last night.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney is not the problem.
    Seba: Becoming a solid playmaker as he ages, could be our Higuain for years. But, he needs quality scorers around him with unbridled pace. Altidore fills this role, but is inconsistent and injury prone.
    Vasquez: He is done.
    Auro: Not sure, he has shown little finish, like Delgado.
    Bradley: Great skill and determination, but the leagues top players are toying with him now. He is too slow.
    Osorio: Great garbage goal guy now, every team needs one. This years 2017 Morrow.
    Mavinga: best defender in MLS, but injury prone
    VDV: Seems entirely disinterested most games, you get the sense he could be much better, if he tried harder.
    Morrow: Will he ever regain his 2017 scoring touch? He has been a bust in 2018.
    Delgado: useless when compared to his better peers across the league.
    Moor: He is done.
    Bono: Still good.
    Chapman: USL
    Morgan: USL
    Zavaletta: USL
    Ricketts: scary near goal, getting there with the ball is a real challenge.
    Haggland: USL
    Hernandez: assistant towel man
    New guy: who knows...

This, my friends, is no longer a champion caliber team. We had a great run. Two finals. Not many teams can manage that. If Atlanta wins this year, will they even come close in 2019 without their top players?

I am not upset, this was predictable when we started the season playing games with our TFC2 players.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not looking back through this negativity for my answer but isn't it likely this admittedly and agreed upon strange lineup has to do with how many players went off the pitch on Wednesday post match, pre celebration?

Also, I'm glad we don't play San Jose again this year. Wondo is 4 away from the all time record.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 08-19-2018 at 10:44 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was no need to sit VDV and Giovinco who played 67 minutes mid-week, I mean this is what Juve players are made for.

Marky Delgado is a very frustrating player to watch and currently Alex Bono our beer league USMNT goalie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the slow end before 28th October ......
    Great attacking can win you games, but cannot stop you losing games
    Good defence alone cannot win you games, but a strong defence can stop you losing games and dropping points.

If we look at our road to the playoffs two seasons ago, Bez and co said we ned to improve our defence, and it worked. But the sheer athleticism of the expansion teams in just two years has shown that slow defenders will eventually leak shot possibilities at the keepers, which means higher percentages of goals being scored.

After our 1st half of the season, (Injuries, CCL hangover, internal issues) and this up-down 2nd half (silly suspensions, other injuries, more issues), and this draw with San Jose, the worst team in the league, I don't expect us to qualify for the playoffs. We are running out of games to make up the shortfall of points.

For the 2019 season, we need at least one DP level CBs, and at least one having the speed of Mavinga. I have still faith in Bono, but not in Zavaleta and Hagguland. Drew is one to keep, but he is really slow now.

But if we cannot defend well, we will not have a shot an an MLS Cup in 2019.
    Come On You Reds TTID

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside everyone else’s comments, I have some observations.

Morrow did not look good on his natural side in the end. I wonder how fit he is.

Why didnt Moor play centrally swhen he came on?

That grass was horrid. Everyone was sliding and falling (both teams). Reminded me of our early March pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco didn't start because of a sore groin.