Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Toronto FC Vs Team Canada

I think with Davies, Cavalini, Osorio and Hoiilett having or coming off their best seasons; Davies being sold to Bayern for 13 + million and Larin finding him self a home in Turkey and scoring hatricks; the Canadian team is at it's best; maybe ever... (let's ignore there defence though)

Who would win and who would you cheer for:

———-Cavallini-Larin
    -
    Davies-Hutchinson-Arfield-Hoilett
    -
    De Jong-Vitoria-Straith-Petrasso
    -
    ———---Borjan——-----

------Giovinco-Altidore
    ————Vazquez
    Delgado-------------Osorio
    —————Bradley
    Morrow-Mavinga-Moor-VDW
    ————Bono
    Last edited by Defoe; 08-16-2018 at 01:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve said this recently to a friend of mine. Canada’s midfielder/wingers/strikers/goalkeeper are good enough to qualify for the next World Cup. But that back line is horrible. That will keep us from qualifying. Need to hope a couple of players develop, and probably need Ferreira to commit.

I’d say TFC wins because of that backline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Julian Dunn can become a good CB for the national team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I’ve said this recently to a friend of mine. Canada’s midfielder/wingers/strikers/goalkeeper are good enough to qualify for the next World Cup. But that back line is horrible. That will keep us from qualifying. Need to hope a couple of players develop, and probably need Ferreira to commit.

Even @ LB/RB we may be ok. De Jong, Petrasso, Edwards, Morgan etc. It's those two CB's that kill us. But the offensive talent coming though is quite impressive.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TFC All Day. TFC strikers are more consistent. Aside from Atiba, TFC's midfield is more skilled. Man for man and even as a group, TFC D is also better - although Moor is questionable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    TFC All Day. TFC strikers are more consistent. Aside from Atiba, TFC's midfield is more skilled. Man for man and even as a group, TFC D is also better - although Moor is questionable

Alphonso Davies and Juniour Hoilett on the wings with Larin up top has me drooling for Canada though. I'm just glad we can surround them with a strong midfield; Hutchinson, Arfield, Osorio etc. Future is bright

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is adorable.

Country before Club since you asked.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post

Exactly what I was good no to write. Let’s hope some defenders emerge in the next few years.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 08-18-2018 at 07:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    ———-Cavallini-Larin
    -
    Davies-Hutchinson-Arfield-Hoilett
    -
    De Jong-Vitoria-Straith-Petrasso
    -
    ———---Borjan—&
    I think there will be a few tweaks in that one. Kaye would definitely start in the midfield somewhere. He’s been lights out and we need that sort of 2-way mid. Hutchinson is 35 turning 36, the team will likely have to learn to survive without him. Liam Millar is likely there somewhere and Tabla if he commits. Suspect we’d start only one of Cavalinni or Larin. And i only pray we find a RB somewhere better than Petrasso.

But at least we can have this discussion now and there are legitimately options all over the front 6. That’s never happened for as long as I’ve watched Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think there will be a few tweaks in that one. Kaye would definitely start in the midfield somewhere. He’s been lights out and we need that sort of 2-way mid. Hutchinson is 35 turning 36, the team will likely have to learn to survive without him. Liam Millar is likely there somewhere and Tabla if he commits. Suspect we’d start only one of Cavalinni or Larin. And i only pray we find a RB somewhere better than Petrasso.

But at least we can have this discussion now and there are legitimately options all over the front 6. That’s never happened for as long as I’ve watched Canada
    Tabla will play for Ivory Coast, I guarantee it (picture of Dos XX guy)