Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed the subtle difference in defensive positioning this game compared to the first one against Vancouver, that when properly carried out (which was most of the time) blocked Vancouver's channels. It's amazing that the players came up with this on their own (or maybe, just maybe it was coaching).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Vasquez “knee injury in practice”

Hope that’s better than it sounds :/
    Must have been in the warm ups. Saw him in the small area possession game before the game and he looked fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jozy altidore what a player
    chapman great game
    tois the best 70 minute man in the league, sealed the deal for us.
    gio, a header goal, wow
    weird vibe tonight, so few people at the game

TFC best team in the MLS by far when all our stars are on the pitch
    Last edited by stevep; 08-15-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's our God given right to own this trophy. Any other team getting it just doesn't feel right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a big believer in superstitions, I think the whole squad after last nights performance should get their hair cut like Osorio.That could be the impetus to drive us to that elusive play off spot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got to say that was probably the best game I've seen from jay Chapman. Yes his crossing wasn't the best, but his hustle, possession, and footwork were very good last night.

One of the highlight players for sure for me.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any thoughts on why the crowd was so sparse? Lack of success this season coupled with fatigue?

I mean, if you're looking for a win to make it fun, this one checked all the boxes - championship - starting from a position of strength with the two away goals - squad getting healthy and starting to click ... I'm baffled that in a season where we have had so few warm weather home games they can't get people to come out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    Yeah, where the hell was Jozy?
    "TFC officials said Altidore was feeling sick after the game."

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Any thoughts on why the crowd was so sparse? Lack of success this season coupled with fatigue?

I mean, if you're looking for a win to make it fun, this one checked all the boxes - championship - starting from a position of strength with the two away goals - squad getting healthy and starting to click ... I'm baffled that in a season where we have had so few warm weather home games they can't get people to come out.
    With the game not being included in the SSH, some people who have seats from outside of GTA probably didn't pay for the midweek game. Add in the fact that with only a week or two to sell tickets, most casuals didn't know about the game. I wouldn't say it was fatigue, just lack of understanding.
    Last edited by Voodooman; 08-16-2018 at 07:37 AM.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do scalpers own a bunch of tickets in 113? Around my area last night there were a ton of people who remind me of jays fans, come to talk and drink and have little idea of whats going on during the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leafsman View Post
    Do scalpers own a bunch of tickets in 113? Around my area last night there were a ton of people who remind me of jays fans, come to talk and drink and have little idea of whats going on during the game.
    This game was not included in the season ticket packages so a lot of individual tickets were bought.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    "TFC officials said Altidore was feeling sick after the game."
    The man can scored in clutch games with a injured foot, puking his guts out, and when he's ill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spotted Lucas Janson on the field introducing himself to players during the celebrations. He got a medal too

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Regarding the lower expected attendance, TFC should take note. The team performs well and people fill the stadium. They hit a slump and it starts to empty out. Some fans are pretty fickle that way. Don’t want TFC front office to think they won something and now the stadium will just fill no matter what the current form of the team is. Doesn’t work like that. They need to get back to winning form and be more consistent and cut out the boneheaded red card shit. At least they kept the ticket prices reasonable so that was good. Go Reds!
    Attendance reported at about 15,000 — that should give some insight on how strong the demand is for Canadian Championship tickets on a beautiful summer evening (in other words not that high). It will be interesting to see the renewal rate this year especially if prices continue to rise despite the teams’ disappointing MLS results....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    I didn't purchase my season seats for this game because of a prior commitment which I could not move. That being said, I have purchased quite a few tickets outside of my season ticket package over the past year. The cost of these additional games is quite considerable. And unlike most Leafs and Raptors STH, these are my personal tickets and not corporate seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Attendance reported at about 15,000 — that should give some insight on how strong the demand is for Canadian Championship tickets on a beautiful summer evening (in other words not that high). It will be interesting to see the renewal rate this year especially if prices continue to rise despite the teams’ disappointing MLS results....

its august, half my office is empty on vacation, i as well had other "summer" commitments. Once so many season ticket holder turned down their purchase option, that doesn't give TFC much time to sell to the public

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next year might be more interesting with the CPL joining in. I can imagine that TFC will sell out stadiums wherever they go in Canada, which will help the bottom line of those teams.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can someone confirm - this game was normally part of the SSH package - correct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Nope. Just the Ottawa game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was last year, its gone back and forth on being included over the years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were 3 'additional games' to the 17 MLS regular season games in the SSH package:

- 1 Canadian Semi (guaranteed)
    - 1 CONCACAF game (guaranteed)
    - Third game is whatever happened first ... Next round of CONCACAF (which we got), or Canadian Final.

It will probably be the same structure for 2019 as well.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    There were 3 'additional games' to the 17 MLS regular season games in the SSH package:

- 1 Canadian Semi (guaranteed)
    - 1 CONCACAF game (guaranteed)
    - Third game is whatever happened first ... Next round of CONCACAF (which we got), or Canadian Final.

It will probably be the same structure for 2019 as well.
    What would happen if we lost in the first round of Concacaf and lost in the semi of the Canadian Championship (and didn't make the playoffs)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    What would happen if we lost in the first round of Concacaf and lost in the semi of the Canadian Championship (and didn't make the playoffs)
    Probably a credit for the next seasons' tickets (happened in '13 or '14 I believe)
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    its august, half my office is empty on vacation, i as well had other "summer" commitments. Once so many season ticket holder turned down their purchase option, that doesn't give TFC much time to sell to the public
    No it just shows that TFC is not the Jays or the Leafs or the Raptors, all those teams play so many more home games than TFC and have no problem getting closer to 20 000 or more a game for like 40 home dates , while the Jays get close to an average of 30 000 a game for like 80 home games to TFC what 20 or so home dates including all competitions, TFC is still has a small but hardcore following and an Argo like attendance last night proves that it’s really a small but dedicated following nothing close to the other big three teams .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was that Gio’s first header goal as a Red last night?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    the Jays get close to an average of 30 000 a game for like 80 home games ...
    There has to be a part of this that is a result of the consistent schedule. They have 6 or so home games in a row, every other week. Keeps them front and centre of the casual sports fan's consciousness.

We've only had 4 league home games since the end of May, plus the two V Cup games. That's not nearly enough presence to keep the fans engaged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    No it just shows that TFC is not the Jays or the Leafs or the Raptors, all those teams play so many more home games than TFC and have no problem getting closer to 20 000 or more a game for like 40 home dates , while the Jays get close to an average of 30 000 a game for like 80 home games to TFC what 20 or so home dates including all competitions, TFC is still has a small but hardcore following and an Argo like attendance last night proves that it’s really a small but dedicated following nothing close to the other big three teams .
    Really??? Or maybe the Jays sell out most weekend games and whenever the Yankees or Red Soxs come to town, but the balance is closer to at best 20K-25k and that's only been the past 2-3 years as they have been competitive they have had a boost in attendance. Before that they were getting maybe 15K-18K a game. The Leafs and Raptors are mainly corporate seats so they are sold out regardless of when they play or how well they are doing. Before the Leafs started the "Shanna Plan" it was at best 3 quarters full most games save Saturday nights and the raptors you couldn't give away tickets before they became competitive.

So yeah, every team in this city has trouble selling tickets if they aren't winning except the Leafs... This is nothing new, unless you haven't lived here for more then the last 5 years or so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    The man can scored in clutch games with a injured foot, puking his guts out, and when he's ill.

yea another fan spotted him in a golf cart heading towards medieval times parking due to CNE, could be cuz he had the shits, as sportsnet wrote or to watch is girls tennis match

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as attendance goes it also comes down to the fact that we have had more additional games to pay for this year than any other and maybe some people have hit their max spending on TFC tickets by the time these went on sale. Add that to their MLS results plus people being on vacation it makes it not too surprising. For me personally Wednesdays suck this year because both my kids have game nights most Wednesdays. I still had some supporters use my seats though so my seats were not empty.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jays play right in the centre of downtown toronto. much easier for casual fans to access.

bmo is a trek for pretty much everyone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellzy View Post
    Was that Gio’s first header goal as a Red last night?
    According to his instagram,
    "My first goal with a header....might also be my last"

So his first ever, not just for TFC
    Last edited by rydermike; 08-16-2018 at 06:12 PM.