Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dissing Ashtone Morgan. Fine.

Calling him that is beyond the pale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore needs fining. He needs to pay back some of the stupid money he gets for playing football. Professional ?

Delgado jumped out of a tackle. Unforgivable in that area. Drop him.

Morgan. Pathetic defender.

Besides that, great character, completely let down by those 3 clowns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was an entirely winnable game against one of the leagues big pretenders. Even though mistakes were made I appreciate greatly the effort the ten guys on the field put in. Jozy has done a lot for this team but that was pure selfish stupidity at a most unfortunate time, not just for the playoff chances but also for the extra running the rest of the guys had to put in ahead of Wednesdays final. Truly Beckham/Simeone level selfish stupidity.

Guys on this team have to be more disciplined but it's about time someone in the management of this team takes a fine and rants at the shit quality of officiating and uneven discipline handed out by MLS.
    Last edited by Gringo Starr; 08-12-2018 at 07:30 PM. Reason: I'm tipsy, can't spell and forgot words

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan was just terrible today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    Morgan was just terrible today
    he was and he is in general
    if mavinga does not get the red card, he most likely does not see the field as telfer goes in for morrow

also, this from mls soccer message board:
    Congrats, Marky....three assists in one game! But OOPSIE!, two were for the opponents! Never mind, you'll get to start again, and again, and again!
    congrats Marky three assists in one game, but OOPSIE two were for the opponents but don't worry you'll get to start again, and again and again
    ts in one game! But OOPSIE!, two were for the opponents! Never mind, you'll get to start again, and again, and again!
    ongrats, Marky....three assists in one game! But OOPSIE!, two were for the opponents! Never mind, you'll get to start again, and again, and again!
    ongrats, Marky....three assists in one game! But OOPSIE!, two were for the opponents! Never mind, you'll get to start again, and again, and again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    we lost to a lot of teams back in the day. we now have one of if not the highest wage bill in the league. so expectancy is obviously higher.
    I can't believe people still don't know that FTC has the highest wage bill by far in the MLS.
    It was the same last year and the year before that.
    Considering just this aspect, anything else than at least making the MLS Cup final is a failure.

And in many years of it's existence, before these last 3 seasons, when not even making the playoffs, TFC always had one of the highest MLS payrolls.
    I am firmly convinced that comparing payroll to performance over all the MLS teams' history, TFC is the champion of underperforming by far!
    Please give me solid counter-arguments if I am wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney was quite critical of VdW and Marky post game, without naming them. There was a lack of concentration when they gave up the ball on the last goal. Or an arrogance, perhaps. Morgan gets the blame from us - and it was a poor header - but their play on the sidelines was very poor. Just put the laces through it, lads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gio and Bradley worked extremely hard. Showed their value. Oso created again. Great effort by the team from 0-1 to the last goal. Very impressive. But: Haggs and Zavaletta look lost, they have both deteriorated. Maybe regular playing time will get them back to where they once were. Morrowdoesn’t look himself and VdW does not show much at all. Better at CB than RB, for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I have to agree with Vanney on this, Marky's giveaway on the sideline directlyresulted in that third goal. vdW wasn't very interesting this game, but then again, down a man the angles and space are all different. The number of times a no-look pass went to a space where the 10th player would have been was quite high.

Vazquez put in a decent shift as well as Oso/Gio/Bradley.

I'm ready to see less of both Delgado and Zavaleta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado hasn't been the same since he missed the sitter goal in the CONCACAF Championship final. He looks like a much different player compared to last year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    Delgado hasn't been the same since he missed the sitter goal in the CONCACAF Championship final. He looks like a much different player compared to last year.
    He didnt play much last year. Always believed he was overrated, and nothing more than an avg MLS mid late game sub.

TFC had a great run. Two finals in a row. Should have won both. However, the teams that were close, and biting hard, have passed us, and in my opinion, this was our fate this season regardless of the champions league and multiple injuries to key players. Yesterday was a turning point for me. New York did not play well, but man for man, they matched or bettered our guys. Last season, that first and third goal would not have happened.

For 2019 TFC needs to keep Mavinga, Osorio, Seba, and Bradley. Everybody else is expendable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=69Chevy396;1877766]He didnt play much last year. Always believed he was overrated, and nothing more than an avg MLS mid late game sub.

when he comes on as a mid late game sub the other team always scores. pretty much everytime time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having slept on it, I feel that Altidore lost his cool because Vanney kept his and as a leader, your manager needs to lose his cool for tactical reasons. Yesterday, and I know a lot of hindsight is kicking in here, was the perfect time for the manager to draw down the fiery heavens. Go running up and down, kick every water bottle in sight. STAND UP for his players, who are clearly being kicked as they try to get back to being the best team in this league.
    Weekend before in Atlanta, Martinez moves the ball to his right (we say stretching Bono puts a hand to the ball) ref says Bono got no ball = penalty Atlanta.
    Yesterday, just minutes before the Altidore red, just outside the penalty area, Altidore on the attack, moves the ball to his right, beyond NYCFC defender, defender takes out Altidore, play on says the ref.
    Altidore is thinking if I were Martinez, I get that call. It was blatant. Altidore is thinking if I wore an Atlanta United jersey, I GET THAT CALL.
    Sure Altidore should have kept his cool, but I maintain that VANNEY should have gone beserk to distract, to get thrown out of the stadium. Defending a title is tougher.
    I am not a Vanney basher.
    I think he has made great decisions and deserves credit galore for the strengths of his team. But Mavinga red one week, Altidore red the next, I don't go %100 on the player need for calm in the face of provocation. An element yes, but the manager needs to breathe some fire and make a statement during the game. TFC needs more than tactics and player selection decisions, they need to demand respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    Having slept on it, I feel that Altidore lost his cool because Vanney kept his and as a leader, your manager needs to lose his cool for tactical reasons. Yesterday, and I know a lot of hindsight is kicking in here, was the perfect time for the manager to draw down the fiery heavens. Go running up and down, kick every water bottle in sight. STAND UP for his players, who are clearly being kicked as they try to get back to being the best team in this league.
    Weekend before in Atlanta, Martinez moves the ball to his right (we say stretching Bono puts a hand to the ball) ref says Bono got no ball = penalty Atlanta.
    Yesterday, just minutes before the Altidore red, just outside the penalty area, Altidore on the attack, moves the ball to his right, beyond NYCFC defender, defender takes out Altidore, play on says the ref.
    Altidore is thinking if I were Martinez, I get that call. It was blatant. Altidore is thinking if I wore an Atlanta United jersey, I GET THAT CALL.
    Sure Altidore should have kept his cool, but I maintain that VANNEY should have gone beserk to distract, to get thrown out of the stadium. Defending a title is tougher.
    I think he has made great decisions and deserves credit galore for the strengths of his team. But Mavinga red one week, Altidore red the next, I don't go %100 on the player need for calm in the face of provocation. An element yes, but the manager needs to breathe some fire and make a statement during the game. TFC needs more than tactics and player selection decisions, they need to demand respect.
    at the game yesterday. every time that asshole LB for NYFC touched the ball the whole stadium booed. this went on for the whole game.
    the real fans know the score, they know what went down. he caused a foul before altidore kicked him and then he embellished. he was perfectly fine a few minutes later

it's a great strategy by the opponent taunt our star players, piss them off, get them kicked out of the game
    and of course the talking heads on tv must agree with the ref and take the mls corporate line .
    and all the stupid morons on message boards agree with the talking heads and don't stand up for our guys that are taunted by scrubs.
    our guys that won us the MLS Cup and that give us they're all every game and entertain us every game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    He didnt play much last year. Always believed he was overrated, and nothing more than an avg MLS mid late game sub.

TFC had a great run. Two finals in a row. Should have won both. However, the teams that were close, and biting hard, have passed us, and in my opinion, this was our fate this season regardless of the champions league and multiple injuries to key players. Yesterday was a turning point for me. New York did not play well, but man for man, they matched or bettered our guys. Last season, that first and third goal would not have happened.

For 2019 TFC needs to keep Mavinga, Osorio, Seba, and Bradley. Everybody else is expendable

Without the CCL or injuries we'd likely have a good 15 points more than we do now. Let's not forget that thanks to sending the first team to Mexico a few times we basically dropped 3 games playing bench and TFC II players. Beyond that we played many games without a single starter in defence. We did without Altidore for many games as well. This is a great team when healthy and given time to gel, but that just never happened this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    at the game yesterday. every time that asshole LB for NYFC touched the ball the whole stadium booed. this went on for the whole game.
    the real fans know the score, they know what went down. he caused a foul before altidore kicked him and then he embellished. he was perfectly fine a few minutes later

it's a great strategy by the opponent taunt our star players, piss them off, get them kicked out of the game
    and of course the talking heads on tv must agree with the ref and take the mls corporate line .
    and all the stupid morons on message boards agree with the talking heads and don't stand up for our guys that are taunted by scrubs.
    our guys that won us the MLS Cup and that give us they're all every game and entertain us every game
    Callens also body checked Seba to the ground in the second half. No call.

A good strategy that has worked against TFC (NYRB and NYCFC) is to hacka and get under the skin of our players and hope they get a penalty, especially with Altidore or Seba as they tend to overreact. It work in this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Until the Refereeing improves in the MLS it will never be a top league. They quality of the players has increased but the refs are still shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Credit to most of the players for battling hard yesterday in the face of adversity. Devastating loss in the standings though. That may have been curtains for the playoffs this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post

I sit behind Vanney, He did not keep his cool. It is always 100% on the players to keep their cool. I agree that the coach can have an impact and show his players something but he got sent off in the 10th minute... I wasn't in Atlanta so I don't know how he reacted there but if it was anything like what Ive seen on the sidelines behind him when the calls aren't coming then I would expect he flipped out. I doubt MLSE has any problem with him taking a fine going after the refs in the Presser but you can't blame Vanney on this result.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    Callens also body checked Seba to the ground in the second half. No call.

A good strategy that has worked against TFC (NYRB and NYCFC) is to hacka and get under the skin of our players and hope they get a penalty, especially with Altidore or Seba as they tend to overreact. It work in this game.
    They are very intense players, and their reaction shows that. I don't believe that you can coach out basic personality. You can punish, but I think making your team lose is punishment enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I sit behind Vanney, He did not keep his cool. It is always 100% on the players to keep their cool. I agree that the coach can have an impact and show his players something but he got sent off in the 10th minute... I wasn't in Atlanta so I don't know how he reacted there but if it was anything like what Ive seen on the sidelines behind him when the calls aren't coming then I would expect he flipped out. I doubt MLSE has any problem with him taking a fine going after the refs in the Presser but you can't blame Vanney on this result.
    This X 1000 times!

Come on guys, those of you who try to justify by any means the bone headed stupideness and gross irresponsability of Mavinga and specially Jozy's actions in the last 2 games!
    Are you serious?

As I said in a previos post, TFC should HEAVILY fine Jozy for this conduct.
    Like for example, if they would fine with $10,000 a player making $200,000-$250,000 per year, the fine should be proportional with what Jozy makes in a year.

You are paid truckloads of money to act like a true professional.
    If you can not act like that, there must be consequences which to touch you at the pocket.
    Otherwise you'll never learn.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 08-13-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    This X 1000 times!

Come on guys, those of you who try to justify by any means the bone headed stupideness and gross irresponsability of Mavinga and specially Jozy's actions in the last 2 games!
    Are you serious?

As I said in a previos post, TFC should HEAVILY fine Jozy for this conduct.
    Like for example, if they would fine with $10,000 a player making $200,000-$250,000 per year, the fine should be proportional with what Jozy makes in a year.

You are paid truckloads of money to act like a true professional.
    If you can not act like that, there must be consequences which to touch you at the pocket.
    Otherwise you'll never learn.
    Then Jozy says: who scored the GWG in MLS cup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    And then we say: by all means, fly off the handle and get red carded when we need you the most.

A player should never be bigger than the needs of the club. NEVER. If he doesn't want to fight for us, and that's his attitude, then we need to ship him out. However, I don't think that's the case of course, and I do think he is kicking himself right now. We need to cool our jets and get back on track FAST.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can quickly become a hero on soccer and equally quickly become a villain.

Jozy lost us this game, there is no doubt in my mind. Ten minutes in? Come on Jozy, be professional! I love the guy, but he needs to keep his head otherwise it costs the whole team.

You spend all week training and preparing for a game and then you lose a key player within ten minute due to stupidity. Vanney could never plan for that to happen. It hurts when you get a red card for a professional foul or a last ditch mistimed challenge, but just randomly kicking a guy our of frustration? He's a silly boy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI That was Jozy's 4th red card for TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Bradley has five yellow cards this season going back to the beginning of the season, is he going to be suspended?

According to the MLS website: 'Player accrues five yellow cards: $250 fine and a suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Match.'

BUT, there is a provision called the 'Good Behaviour Initiative' where a player that doesn't accumulate a yellow in five games has the total card accumulation reduced by one. There was a stretch of eight games where MB didn't get a card, so he should have four yellows now. Am I right in reading these rules?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This effing Altidore guy, making a mistake... I mean, what has he ever done for us?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a busted foot no less

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All these people calling for Jozy's head are no better than those who are calling for Vanney to be out. You all have zero patience and zero perspective. I'm just not going to credit you with any reasonable thought any more.

By all means, Jozy's petulance could be criticized and even disciplined. I would hope he man up and apologize to his teammates at least. (And if you had watched him the 8 minutes leading up to it, the kick out was not random at all, regardless of how stupid it was. All the off camera harassment was pretty intense. He's got to learn to deal with that, clearly he's been scouted.)

But shipping him out. Yeah, ok. Take a seat.