Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anybody know why Bradley takes long free kicks? After a couple of years, I can't remember a single assist off a free kick. At least there haven't been many.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    It doesn't have to be a full out rebuild because we have a lot of good players around our DP'S. I liked the New York Red Bulls re-tool where they shipped out some older players and brought in Kaku and Rzatkowski. If this team sold Bradley and Altidore and brought in some younger players I imagine the fan base would be 50/50 spilt on it
    The only re-tooling we need is our back line. Deal zavaletta and vdw and get some solid defenders.

In hindsight Beitashour was our biggest loss and we downgraded in his position.
    Last edited by Couchy81; 08-12-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that it needs to be said, but this is why you don’t gut this team. They are resilient. And good.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 08-12-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wtf is zavaletta thinking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley is a monster. Keeping us mentally in the game with his work rate and fitness.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Bradley is a monster. Keeping is mentallyvin the game with his work rate and fitness.
    Sorry he also f'd up majorly on a few recent plays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moor!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Wtf is zavaletta thinking?
    To be honest sometimes I wish guys would be a little more aware of their teammate's limitations. Bono has to know that playing short to Zavaleta with 3 guys surrounding him is a recipe for disaster.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Morrow injured for a change. WTF is up with the injuries on this team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    The only re-tooling we need is our back line. Deal zavaletta and vdw and get some solid defenders.

In hindsight Beitashour was our biggest loss and we downgraded in his position.
    Justin Morrow hasn’t been himself either
    Last edited by MightyDM; 08-12-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashturd Morgan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horrendous header by Morgan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    To be honest sometimes I wish guys would be a little more aware of their teammate's limitations. Bono has to know that playing short to Zavaleta with 3 guys surrounding him is a recipe for disaster.
    Yeah that’s a fair point but on that play Zavaleta didn’t appear to know his own either.

Too bad about that goal. Morgan looks a tad naive to say the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great finish. terrible header from Morgan but still a lot to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan has always been pretty inept in the air, but that was just awful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    great finish. terrible header from Morgan but still a lot to do.
    That’s the problem when you give them the easy ones: they’re a good enough team to score great goals too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a disaster of a game. Good thing I am away for the weekend and not watching my blood pressure can't handle it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Sounds like a disaster of a game. Good thing I am away for the weekend and not watching my blood pressure can't handle it
    Totally was

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another game TFC loses by shooting themselves in the foot. multiple times.

it all started with Mavinga being an idiot last game. continued with Jozy also being an idiot this game. and defence just sucking yet again
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gifted them a man advantage and two goals. We completely threw this away. Yuck.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not surprising playing down a man. Next match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only one thing to say: shame on Jozy, he needs to grow up and control his anger. This has happened way too many times.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We held our own for 80 minutes when down a man. But those goals were avoidable. Delgado is a shadow of the player we saw in April.

No surprise teams are manhandling & baiting our hotheads. Jozy et al fall for it every time.

These guys badly need a win on Wednesday to release the tension. And the team's psych department needs an upgrade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually checked to see if Jozy's girlfriend was playing in Toronto cause I sure couldn't understand how a team grasping for a playoff spot could have two key players in two straight games take such selfish undisciplined fouls to get red-carded? Top it off we have two get yellows for dissent. I can slightly see Bradley chirping as the Captain but Oso needs to zip it.
    Also starting to think Irwin should be the #1.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I hear a lot of negativity in this thread. Yes Jozy lost his temper and we made some avoidable defensive errors. But we also tied the best team in the league last week and almost tied one of the other best teams in the league this week, while playing down a man for 80 minutes. We have come a long way from losing to the worst teams in the league like we were doing for most of the season so far. This is a different team than it was even a few weeks ago. Yes, it will be a stretch to make the playoffs, but if we keep playing like this against the teams that aren’t Atlanta and NYCFC, then we can build up a head of steam that will make for a hot hand going into the playoffs, even if we scrape in by the skin of our teeth. Which I think we will. You can quote me on that :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was painful to witness. I just rewatched the Jozy red and he deserved the card for a stupid play. He’s has to keep it in check.

The only brightside was the guys shows resilience and nearly pulled off a tie. If Jozy wasn’t such an idiot, we would have won that game.

Lastly, the reffing today was some of the worst I have witnessed. It’s Toledo and Penso level shitty reffing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    Hey, I hear a lot of negativity in this thread. Yes Jozy lost his temper and we made some avoidable defensive errors. But we also tied the best team in the league last week and almost tied one of the other best teams in the league this week, while playing down a man for 80 minutes. We have come a long way from losing to the worst teams in the league like we were doing for most of the season so far. This is a different team than it was even a few weeks ago. Yes, it will be a stretch to make the playoffs, but if we keep playing like this against the teams that aren’t Atlanta and NYCFC, then we can build up a head of steam that will make for a hot hand going into the playoffs, even if we scrape in by the skin of our teeth. Which I think we will. You can quote me on that :-)
    we lost to a lot of teams back in the day. we now have one of if not the highest wage bill in the league. so expectancy is obviously higher.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    We held our own for 80 minutes when down a man. But those goals were avoidable. Delgado is a shadow of the player we saw in April.

No surprise teams are manhandling & baiting our hotheads. Jozy et al fall for it every time.

These guys badly need a win on Wednesday to release the tension. And the team's psych department needs an upgrade.
    The ref wasn't great today. However some of the calls Bradley was freaking about & debating were obviously the correct calls. He doesn't always set a good example for the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Jesus Zavaleta and Hagglund are just clueless leading the line. Get Moor in a halftime.
    I have preached the same since they were both inserted as starting centre backs. I am mad, angry, frustrated and ultimately disappointed that this team has relied so heavily on these 2 as starters in the most critical part of the field. They are just NOT good enough together on at the same time, period!!

I know we have had injuries but lord help this team the rest of the year....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

notes from the game:

ten minutes in and a potentially great game is ruined by a red card, what a f****** season this is
    these scrubs keep taunting our starts and getting our stars red cards. isn't there any rule re instigation
    alex bono is either alexander the great or bono the clown, today he was bono the clown
    when morgan came on I said my son, morgan is really like half a man, so we are down to 8.5 players and sure enough he blows it, from now he will be referred to as ashturd morgan

great comeback twice today, great character.