Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Crew fan go fund me - (injured in altercation with TFC supporters group)

https://www.gofundme.com/help-jonathan-dale-recover

I'm leaving this here. I think it would be great if people donated.

(I'm putting this here for maximum visibility. I hope admins will understand.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the story here? I wasn't in Columbus but haven't heard anything about this until this appeared.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A supporters group attacked group of crew fans. One of those fans got burned by a road flare carried by TFC supporters.

It's in the go fund me page. Pretty gross stuff.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm presuming no RPB were involved. Does anyone have any details on this? Were police notified? Does either club know? Is there any independent verification? This is serious stuff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is legit. It wasn't RPB.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a group we should stay away from that, not our problem.
    If someone wants to donate on his own go ahead,by all means.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'm presuming no RPB were involved. Does anyone have any details on this? Were police notified? Does either club know? Is there any independent verification? This is serious stuff.
    https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/col...-from-victims/

comment from a co worker of the injured from the article:

Cynthia A. Pfund-Poole
    So.....I work with one of the guys (Cleveland, Ohio) that attends these games, enjoys them, participates with other friends and autistic children from the area. He and his group were attacked by these a$$holes this past weekend, while walking to the game. 😡 While trying to protect the children from attack, defending a mother punched in the face 😡 and protecting himself.... he was badly injured. Beat in the head, elbows badly injured from falls and 3rd degree burn on his leg (from knee to ankle) from a road flare!! 😡 I did not see every scratch and bruise he got but I can say “no one deserves this!” Punching a mother in the face!? Terrorizing auristic children!? Scaring a young man out to enjoy a sport he loves!?

cmfward • 63d
    I was pretty sure I had seen the word Inebriatii on a couple of their shirts. Maybe I was mistaken. It doesn't really matter which group it was, they ambushed a group of our supporters on out March to the stadium. That, and the resulting events, were pretty terrible. I'm also not saying that the majority of Toronto fans are anything like that. I'm sure we have at least a few fans that may take things to far as well. But ambushing people on their way to the stadium is pretty unacceptable, and I'd like to see us move past shit like this

They removed the page but from the address it was reported.

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/fans-clash-before-crew-sc-and-toronto-game/

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/94f4d5/gofundme_for_jonathan_dale_crewsc_fan_injured_in/?st=JKEXZJUM&sh=5300a69a

Said There was gruesome pictures cannot seem to find.
    Last edited by FootBallAZ; 08-06-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If true, that’s fucken sickening. Fake ass holligans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow his leg is really badly burnt, hasn't been able to work for 5 weeks. What I'm wondering is why did this just come up now, two months later? Was there an investigation into this or anything? Judging by his injuries I feel like it wouldn't be crazy to say someone could face jail time for this..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That guy's poor leg. That's horrible.

I hope they catch who did this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser09 View Post
    Wow his leg is really badly burnt, hasn't been able to work for 5 weeks. What I'm wondering is why did this just come up now, two months later? Was there an investigation into this or anything? Judging by his injuries I feel like it wouldn't be crazy to say someone could face jail time for this..
    People have been talking about it for a while but it always sounded like a garden variety parking lot fight.

When it gets into Nth degree burns, skin grafts and thousands of dollars in medical bills, people started to pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Normally I'd agree, but since most fans across the league are starting to wonder why we don't police our own supporters, we get dragged in by proxy. In truth, the team should have stepped on these guys before incidents like this happened, it shouldn't have been up to supporters.
    Last edited by Red4ever; 08-07-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since when does TFC promote hooliganism. Its embarassing to the league and gives more fire for Garber to clamp down on SG’s, if they attack the casual fans. As one of fhe biggest SG’s, maybe its best to confront the group that did and tell them that there actions aren’f welcomed. The SG’s have a strike already due to that Ottawa flare incident.
    Last edited by NolbertoS; 08-07-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy, wtf is wrong with some people.
    sport is entertainment, not war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely horrible and inexcusable.

Donated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inebriatti are just a complete waste of skin, Fucking assholes trying to relive the hooliganism of days past. Assholes they should be banned as an official supporter's group by the club, and if they want to protest and not show up, let them, they are not wanted nor are they needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did anyone come across photos ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, it seems like they knew Columbus wouldn't have a team possibly next year, meaning they knew they most likely would never b3 back in Columbus so they acted out based on this reasoning

It's a shame.I always say the inebriatti presence in stadium makes a big difference, for example viking clap consistently at 70 m not.76 or 64th m.

Now I cannot really justify any thing for them any more

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    did anyone come across photos ?
    There are photos in the link at the top of the thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    There are photos in the link at the top of the thread.

jeebus that is nasty, got damn wtf

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Normally I'd agree, but since most fans across the league are starting to wonder why we don't police our own supporters, we get dragged in by proxy. In truth, the team should have stepped on these guys before incidents like this happened, it shouldn't have been up to supporters.
    I'm fully on board with this statement. If there is a collection to donate on behalf of RPB, I'm happy to contribute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harsh. Not a member here so not going to comment more on RBP helping out, but as an individual I'm more than willing to help out for a few busks at least. What a horrible thing to happen to someone. Heard about this back when it occurred, thought it was kinda odd it wasn't reported more.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    Harsh. Not a member here so not going to comment more on RBP helping out, but as an individual I'm more than willing to help out for a few busks at least. What a horrible thing to happen to someone. Heard about this back when it occurred, thought it was kinda odd it wasn't reported more.
    Harsh,maybe,us posting here and asking people to donate is best way to do it. We don't know what exactly is going on on the legal side of this case,this is why I think as a group asking people for donations is way to do it.
    Lawyers now days can do some fucked up stuff even if people had best intentions.

as far inbeebs goes,they should be locked out from BMO Field for the rest of the year,they are way to much headache for everyone who enjoys this game
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harsh,maybe,us posting here and asking people to donate is best way to do it. We don't know what exactly is going on on the legal side of this case,this is why I think as a group asking people for donations is way to do it.
    Lawyers now days can do some fucked up stuff even if people had best intentions.

as far inbeebs goes,they should be locked out from BMO Field for the rest of the year,they are way to much headache for everyone who enjoys this game
    Not so sure about your statement re: lawyers. Many states and provinces have enacted laws where you can apologize for something in court, and even that isn't considered an admission of guilt. I have a hard time seeing how we can in any way be held accountable (any more so than we are right now) if we were to collectively donate to the cause, and send it with a statement about how we condone that behavior.

Also, for clarity, although we can all reasonable infer that the group responsible for setting their own banner on fire in Ottawa due to carelessness with flares were also the same group responsible for this guy's leg getting burned due to carelessness with flares, nobody responsible has been identified and Ineebs have not claimed responsibility. Yes, that's probably because of their "omerta", but either way, we can still assertively denounce the actions without in any way calling out other groups and their behaviours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Inebriatti are just a complete waste of skin, Fucking assholes trying to relive the hooliganism of days past. Assholes they should be banned as an official supporter's group by the club, and if they want to protest and not show up, let them, they are not wanted nor are they needed.
    Sorry I am pointing fingers with no proof, and fell into that lynch mob mentality. However this type of conduct has happened numerous times with Inebriatti being the culprits, I have seen their antics firsthand in both Montreal and Chicago, rude, obnoxious and acting like thugs, why else would they see the need to wear the bandanas across the faces and light off flares hiding behind masks, they are thugs, If you keep hanging around the barn, you will eventually start smelling like shit, and that is why Ineebs keeps getting blamed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not to pit supporters groups against each other, but there are a numbers of fans who are calling there ticket reps and threatening not to renew their tickets for next season if the club doesn't permanently suspend at least those who were involved, if not disbanding the whole group.

It would have an adverse effect on the stadium atmosphere, at least initially, but the fact of the matter is that they continue to act in a way that doesn't make people feel safe, either away or at home. I'm not sure I won't be one of the people calling my rep and doing the same. It's just become an untenable situation at this point and there's only so many chances we can give them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm all for great passion and support and enjoy seeing flares on marches etc. But I don't and never will understand hooliganism and fighting that comes with it. Whoever gets caught let them be punished. Violence is a no. Bunch of losers who did this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stumbled on this a few days ago as well. What possesses these people to act like such idiots?

I hope this guy has a speedy recovery (although that appears unlikely)
    Last edited by ag futbol; 08-08-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Masks need to be banned at BMO Field and around the league so these idiots can be easily identified. I'm tired of them thinking they're tough and then hiding and running from consequences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it catastrophically sad that these guys are caught up in numerous unnecessary acts of irrational behaviour. Solely due to the fact that these guys bring majority of the atmosphere to BMO field.

So I get the hate of being associated with them due to them being a fellow Toronto fc supporters group..... But maybe it's a relevancy thing, maybe RPBs need to surpass their passion, make more noise, be more prominent - without the bullshit.....

But I will say their process of being a member is weirdly more complex than becoming a RPB.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post

But I will say their process of being a member is weirdly more complex than becoming a RPB.