Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    5am local time is the perfect time to get up dude! Come on!
    You said it!

Was up @ 3am, here—got ready for work, and then watched the game from 4am, leaving immediately upon it's conclusion (and what a conclusion it was)!

Sometimes, an early red in your favour sees a bit of complacency set in; to be fair, I think everyone had half a mind to conserve energy, given the schedule congestion. I can hardly remember a time we've held a foot at the other opposition's neck, and Vancouver's a side that plays bunker-ball, anyway (looking to counter)… so, I wasn't surprised for how things played out, whilst many of our guys are still syncing up and getting back their game-sharpness.

D'ah well! Beyond pleased with this result, and it were the perfect start to my day!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    As for the lack of goal celebration it makes sense to me. None of our guys scored that goal. A lot of these guys know Henry very well. Some came through the academy with him or played with him for several years on TFC. Even I screamed my head off when Oso scored but sat silently feeling bad for Henry after his own goal.
    This; I was gutted for him—very conflicted, to be sure.

Just showed the players are human, so it's safe to remove the tin-foil. lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro last night bugged me.

We are a team that thrives on quick ball movement.

He seems to spend at least 4 attacks per half standing there staring at a defender waiting for the LB to do something, then tries to dribble around or do step overs. Slows attacks down and never gets anywhere. When he has been effective its been when moving with pace.

Like, I hope he comes back soon enough from what looks like a hamstring pull. But gosh he needs to learn to make a decision and go for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sort of agree re: Auro taking too long but there’s more to it. He had practically zero targets in the box (people were moving forward at a glacial pace) and Ricketts is completely uselsss. I saw Auro gesture to him multiple times as if to say “aren’t you going to run to the space?” Ricketts was atrocious in entirety, to the point where we could have fielded an orange construction cone with a similar impact.

All that fancy footwork is just a time buyer for guys to move forward or into the right positions. Needless to say we made little use of it. We can’t always cycle the ball and try to probe through the middle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    And deeply amusing
    That too, lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Following this!
    Last edited by barongan; 08-10-2018 at 11:29 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Doneil broke his wrist punching a wall after the game. Gotta feel for the guy.