Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Hamilton should've come in. Need 3 Canadians so Bakero really could only replace Altidore
    Rule isneed 3 Canadians to start. We have seen in the past the cad starters get subbed at half.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Reds sometimes simply play like they are lying down for their own funeral, they just can't do this anymore.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Or baring that... how about at least pretending to get players forward? We were watching 8 guys play behind the ball for the entirety of the half. Absolutely gutless coaching from Vanney.
    in my opinion this game was scripted. It is the only logical explanation for the play in the second half.
    with a man up tfc should have scored at least one if not two goals.
    they should have played to attack and win the game and then the CDN championship would have all been all but over for Vancouver.
    winning 2-1 Vancouver would have had little chance to advance, winning 3-1 Vancouver would have had pretty much zero chance.

but therin lies the problem. if tfc wins what interest is there in going down to BMO to watch the game when you already know tfc has the championship won. NONE
    the ticket sales are already really bad for the home leg so they had to do something to sell tickets. make it a close 1-1 game and there is a chance TFC could lose and not win the CDN championship. then there is a buzz around the game for people to go to the game. there is some interest in a undetermined outcome of the next game.

now look at the highlight of the doneil henry own goal

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/0...?autoplay=true

if you go to around the 40 second mark in the video, after the goal there is absolutely no excitement from any of the TFC players.
    Altidore absolutely cannot give a shit. then the cameraman for some inexplicalbe reason pans right away from the field to some useless shot of nothing, so as to not show the complete lack of emotion from any of the tfc players
    these are not normal reactions to the turn of events that just happened.

they are playing all of the fans for fools
    Last edited by stevep; 08-09-2018 at 12:29 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was thinking today...when was our last decent performance on turf?

can't seem to remember one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chill people..2-2 game on the road with 4 or 5 starters out ,van had there best lineup tonight.not a classic by tfc take the result and run.my concern is the injury bug .auro and mavinga

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw the highlights. As a guy on the interweb wrote:

Ricketts: I messed up that hand ball pretty bad

Henry: Hold my beer
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    if you go to around the 40 second mark in the video, after the goal there is absolutely no excitement from any of the TFC players.
    Altidore absolutely cannot give a shit. then the cameraman for some inexplicalbe reason pans right away from the field to some useless shot of nothing, so as to not show the complete lack of emotion from any of the tfc players
    these are not normal reactions to the turn of events that just happened.
    Conspiracy theory aside, the lack of celebration was deliberate since it was an own goal at the death of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Trade Zavaleta for Doneil rn
    Hey good idea

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, Ricketts should never be starting, love the dude but he's far from a 90 min man. The fuck does Vanney have against starting Hamilton or even Akinola

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the heck happens to this team when they go up a man? Unreal.
    With his hand all the way out there Rickett's coulda seen a red. Geez. What the heck was that?
    Alphonso is a track star. Wow. That or we were just slow at the back, which is an absolute possibility. With some world class coaching at Bayern we could end up with a genuine Canadian international star. I really hope he doesn't end up just a sprinter with no finish.
    Anyone thinking Whitecaps won't score 2 at BMO....... geez, watch that game again...... they coulda had 3 or 4 with better finishing. They certainly created the chances.
    Gonna be an interesting second leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga is the key to our success. Without him on the field everyone seems to lose confidence. The midfield doesn't take the same chances, doesn't push forward the same way and the defence slows right down and suddenly looks like they all have two left legs. Even Zavaleta looks good with Mavinga on the field. Take Mavinga away and we fall apart.

Jozy has the same effect for Seba. Jozy occupies defenders so that Seba has room to do what he does. They really are the best strike duo in the league.

As for the lack of goal celebration it makes sense to me. None of our guys scored that goal. A lot of these guys know Henry very well. Some came through the academy with him or played with him for several years on TFC. Even I screamed my head off when Oso scored but sat silently feeling bad for Henry after his own goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually, it's former players that end up scoring on TFC in games. Last night was a refreshing change of narrative.

I feel bad for Henry though - he looked absolutely gutted at the end of the match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MB was a beast today.
    Ricketts cannot start again, even on the own goal he ran to the wrong side of Henry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Mavinga is the key to our success. Without him on the field everyone seems to lose confidence. The midfield doesn't take the same chances, doesn't push forward the same way and the defence slows right down and suddenly looks like they all have two left legs. Even Zavaleta looks good with Mavinga on the field. Take Mavinga away and we fall apart.

.....but sat silently feeling bad for Henry after his own goal.
    I think the second half really highlighted the value of mavinga. That in combination with TFC curious struggles being a man up really impacted the performance.

I agree with a few of the comments that in the end a draw with away goals is not a bad result.

Some outstanding play by a few individuals on both sides was mostly overshadowed by the curious howlers!

As relieved as I was they got the draw I also felt a little sympathy for henry. Would have been nice to see him come back to canada in a red jersey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy has the same effect for Seba. Jozy occupies defenders so that Seba has room to do what he does. They really are the best strike duo in the league.
    These two thoughts are my dominant takeaways for this whole season.

I hope Mavinga is good to go on Wednesday, he's critical to shutting down Davies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for the lack of goal celebration it makes sense to me. None of our guys scored that goal. A lot of these guys know Henry very well. Some came through the academy with him or played with him for several years on TFC. Even I screamed my head off when Oso scored but sat silently feeling bad for Henry after his own goal.
    Yep Mavinga and Altidore are our two most important players. Take either away and we lose our form in their area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio continues to be one of the lone bright spots on the team this season. Despite having an advantage for half the match, we were very fortunate last night. We'll have to be much better in the second leg if we expect to qualify for the CCL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note, the Caps must feel like they're cursed in this tournament. They could still win it of course, but the amount of bad luck they've had against us in particular over the years is astonishing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Man, Ricketts should never be starting, love the dude but he's far from a 90 min man. The fuck does Vanney have against starting Hamilton or even Akinola
    agreed, he is a poor mans Alan Gordon. he should only be coming on at 70 minutes plus
    do not get rid of him, he has great value late in games, and he's Jozy's buddy. gotta keep Jozy happy here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Rule isneed 3 Canadians to start. We have seen in the past the cad starters get subbed at half.
    Interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks.
    On second thought, I guess it makes sense. For example, if you start 3 Canadians and one gets a red card, then if you needed 3, you'd be forced to sub on a Canadian, if you needed 3 Canadians on at all times.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Our game is built around building from the back. Moor and Mavinga are the only two who can do that properly. They are also the best positionally and both can man manage. Having 1 or them on the pitch will greatly improve our play - as we've seen the past few games since Mavinga came back. Having 2 of them on the pitch makes us MLS Champs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    chill people..2-2 game on the road with 4 or 5 starters out ,van had there best lineup tonight.not a classic by tfc take the result and run.my concern is the injury bug .auro and mavinga
    But Reggie I am not going to chill!!, TFC are not ruthless enough, they need to be fucking ruthless and bury teams when they have the opportunity
    and Vancouver down a man is the prime time to do so, but lallygagged the whole second half.

On another note, I really wonder what has happened to General Bradley, to me he seems to have been demoted to a private.
    I just don't see the drive and leadership anymore, he talks the talk but that's about it. Sure he completes all of his passes but generally they are backwards,
    It is baffling. TFC deserved to lose last night, I am happy with the result, but ashamed of the play in the second half.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks.
    On second thought, I guess it makes sense. For example, if you start 3 Canadians and one gets a red card, then if you needed 3, you'd be forced to sub on a Canadian, if you needed 3 Canadians on at all times.
    Interestingly enough, the original NASL in the 1970's required three Canadians on the field at all times for Canadian teams in all league games (they didn't compete in the USOC or continental competition). Canadians were also counted as "domestic" for US teams.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really?

I personally felt like Bradley was one of our best players last night. Set up some really good chances including Jozy's header there in the 1st half. Set up the play for that 2nd goal. He was never a flashy player.

Also, isn't it a TFC tradition to play horribly when up a man, even in years past we always struggled, throughout all of our history. Can go back in older year threads when we would all jokingly want to be a man down since we played better.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole game changed when he came out. Our back line is terrible without him, and I agree he makes even ordinary players much better. He is the difference in so many games, and doesn't allow the other teams play to build because he breaks it up before it starts.

It didn't help when Auro went out either, as he is a very good player back there too. We are hard to break down for the other teams with them in, very easy to be beat with the others back there(minus VDW).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marky posted a picture on twitter of his ankle. Pretty ugly. The studs raked him but good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    On another note, the Caps must feel like they're cursed in this tournament. They could still win it of course, but the amount of bad luck they've had against us in particular over the years is astonishing.
    And deeply amusing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Marky posted a picture on twitter of his ankle. Pretty ugly. The studs raked him but good.
    But it’s “only a yellow” to the deadbeats at TSN.I guess snapping you shin in half is the requirement for a red card these days in the commentators booth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    But it’s “only a yellow” to the deadbeats at TSN.I guess snapping you shin in half is the requirement for a red card these days in the commentators booth.

send the twitter to Stephen Caldwell

#Caldwellout

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    send the twitter to Stephen Caldwell

#Caldwellout
    I don't have twitter on this computer nor do I go to the forum on my phone... but Molinaro was tagged in the thread, and Caldwell was called out (I don't know if his twitter handle was used).