Threaded View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sebastian Giovinco Scrimmage - Wed Aug 1

OK rant warning... I am hot about this. Toronto FC are being totally disrespected here. I refuse to call this an all star game. Been waiting for a journo to get after this story, hopefully it’ll come tomorrow or Tuesday.

I understand that Jozy was injured ... but it’s un-effing-believable that he is not there. He should have been named. He has to be honoured in some way. Just has to be. Maybe someone could send Garber some highlights from the playoffs and CCL the last two years?

Also Osorio should be on this team, he has had a better season than 2-3 of the midfielders on the team.

It’s like the three finals in 18 months, and the 2017 championship, and the record season, and the treble ... didn’t happen.

I don’t want to hear about our record in 2018. Whoop de doo. Beyond the fact that we totally earned more spots... we are not just another team, this year, you assholes.

We have carried the flag for this league for most of the last two years, and our poor form is in large part precise because we carried that flag. We played scrubs in multiple league games, and lost half our roster to injuries, in part so that we could represent you properly!

While we are discussing actual and potential slights, Seba had better start this scrimmage. Honour demands it, in recognition of Seba’s career contribution to MLS, and the possible importance of this game to him - the game may get a bit of attention in Turin and Italy generally. (Although maybe better if Tata screws this up, as Seba would likely take it out on him Saturday.)

Whatever happens, I hope Seba has a great game, and he and our other players get really pissed at how he/we will be ignored before and during this league festival to acknowledge all of the great accomplishments of Atlanta United (who together with LAFC invented supporter culture in MLS, in case you were wondering)

Tip of the cap to Liam Fraser, who gets a run out Tuesday night on the Homegrown squad against the Tigres reserves.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-29-2018 at 09:51 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”