Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    stupid game. silly premise. typical North American nonsense. great atmosphere though. fair play to the fans
    - It was cool to see Barco and Davies on the pitch at the same time. Two of the best teenagers on the planet, literally. Wow what talent. I knew Davies was good; but he's McDavid level (sorry I had too)
    - Almiron is so explosive. Atlanta is going to make a ransom on him when they sell. Martinez as well. Atlanta United is clearly just a cut above everyone else right now. The players, that stadium... my god.
    - Hopefully Atlanta IS fatigued for the TFC-Atlanta game. We will need to be seriously on if we're going to compete with Atlanta.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now we know. North America's best players can’t beat the Juve reserves.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stupid game. silly premise. typical North American nonsense. great atmosphere though. fair play to the fans
    Simple fact is we are in North America and while I appreciate the different vibe that Euro stuff brings, I love all star games. The 1991 MLB all star game is one of my fondest sports memories with all the excitement that it brought.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Simple fact is we are in North America and while I appreciate the different vibe that Euro stuff brings, I love all star games. The 1991 MLB all star game is one of my fondest sports memories with all the excitement that it brought.
    I hear you totally. how would you feel if ur best player came back injured that's my issue. that's not a worry in baseball asg. not being rude u guys have ur thing but it's weird for us not from here. respect.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear you totally. how would you feel if ur best player came back injured that's my issue. that's not a worry in baseball asg. not being rude u guys have ur thing but it's weird for us not from here. respect.
    Tell that to Ray Fosse when Pete Rose went right through him dashing for home in the 1970 MLB AllStar game.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...ook-marion-ill

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Tell that to Ray Fosse when Pete Rose went right through him dashing for home in the 1970 MLB AllStar game.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...ook-marion-ill
    48 yrs ago. I'm sure there is more recent examples.kind of actually reinforces my point as that guy got injured. still doesn't get away from the fact that in a season where injuries have ravaged our season. I'd prefer our top players not having to risk themselves in a meaningless game. just my opinion. a good day for the fans and a cash cow I get it but not something I like.
    Last edited by burlington Red; 08-02-2018 at 08:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They interviewed arthur blank, he said its all about the fans, how he thinks the fans own the team.
    Strives for best fan experience, cut concession pricing by 50%!!!
    Says lead to increases in attendance and sales.

Man wish we could get our prices cut by 50%.