Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 22 - TFC @ Atlanta - Saturday August 4 4pm - Sometimes a Mystery

Any excuse to play Janelle Monae & a bit of female empowerment.

(If you must know why this song)

I don't care what I look like but I feel good
    Better than amazing, and better than I could
    I love the self empowerment & embrace of the "I'm this" that this video & song promotes. We are going to go down to Atlanta, against that team, in front of all those fans, and say "I like that". After months of looking not like ourselves, its good to be able to say that, confidently.

We may lose - heck we could EASILY lose this one big.

BUT....we are this....we like that.

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a big match. A win in Atlanta would be the turning point of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    This is a big match. A win in Atlanta would be the turning point of the season.
    I hope the team is hungry and shows that old fire.

A win in this game would be huge for morale.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Josef Martinez is unplayable right now. 24 goals so far. Next on the Golden Boot race is BWP with 14. And Martinez has missed quite a few easy chances.

Stop Martinez and Almiron will be the key. It'll be a tough game, but a result away at Atlanta will show that TFC train is back on track.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta last year is where one of the little things happened, that you forget in the fullness of time, but it was maybe a big part of TFC winning the Cup last year.

Last game of the season. We tied it late, thanks to maybe the sweetest Seba FK of all time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02gtV20091Y

Which knocked Atlanta out of second place, and into a knockout game against Columbus.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-29-2018 at 12:53 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have this one written down as a loss, which is fine. We are still missing Moor, which will allow Martínez to pick on Zavaleta. Auro playing some part might help in this one. If we can run out of there with a draw, I will be estatic. This has the over written all over it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I have this one written down as a loss, which is fine. We are still missing Moor, which will allow Martínez to pick on Zavaleta. Auro playing some part might help in this one. If we can run out of there with a draw, I will be estatic. This has the over written all over it.
    I have my fingers crossed for starting Mavinga and van der Wiel as a central pairing, Morrow to the left and a healthy returning Auro Jr to the right?
    I have not watched Atlanta this year, am I off base to say that their attack is often on the ground, so the height and heft of a Zavaletta or a Hagglund can be saved for another game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    I have my fingers crossed for starting Mavinga and van der Wiel as a central pairing, Morrow to the left and a healthy returning Auro Jr to the right?
    I have not watched Atlanta this year, am I off base to say that their attack is often on the ground, so the height and heft of a Zavaletta or a Hagglund can be saved for another game?
    They move quick with the ball, yes mostly on the ground. They press pretty high up the pitch as well. They don’t really have any tall mids or Fowards outside of nagbe really. The thing I will say about Auro, is that as much as I love him going forward, he’s a pretty bad defender, especially on when defending in the air. I personally think he’s more of a winger then wing back or full back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Tfc wins 2-1. Bradley scores at least one goal for us

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are going to boo Bradley & Altidore all game long - that's useful for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    Tfc wins 2-1. Bradley scores at least one goal for us
    I hope you’re right. Bradley scoring would be bonus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Between Vancouver mid week on the West Coast and Altlanta on the weekend in the south east, the trade off between V’s cup and the league never looked so clear.

I’d say we go for this one and send a somewhat B squad to Van for mid week. Have them blunker and force Van to break down a defensively set team. Play too open and you’re dealing with Davies and Reyna on the counter. Bunker and you force a tactical novice in Robinson to come up with a new idea to beat you. Given he hasn’t solved that problem yet in all his years as coach i’d feel pretty safe. This is the guy who was playing a generational talent at LB only a few months ago. Go all-in on the return leg.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was actually hoping that Fontas story is about us, and that he could somehow get here in time for this game. We need some bigtime backline help the next four games.

Seems like I am dreaming.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Between Vancouver mid week on the West Coast and Altlanta on the weekend in the south east, the trade off between V’s cup and the league never looked so clear.

I’d say we go for this one and send a somewhat B squad to Van for mid week. Have them blunker and force Van to break down a defensively set team. Play too open and you’re dealing with Davies and Reyna on the counter. Bunker and you force a tactical novice in Robinson to come up with a new idea to beat you. Given he hasn’t solved that problem yet in all his years as coach i’d feel pretty safe. This is the guy who was playing a generational talent at LB only a few months ago. Go all-in on the return leg.
    This is an interesting thought ... it certainly wouldn't be what Vancouver is expecting, and could trip them up. Only danger is that bunkering for 90 mins is always pretty dangerous - gives them so much time to find a way through.

Especially the way Davies is on fire right now - he could very well waltz through our whole team and score by himself.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never Forget

Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-29-2018 at 08:56 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by ChrisFizik; 07-30-2018 at 08:57 PM. Reason: insta tag, also wtf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blkndkr View Post
    Toronto vs Everybody.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta fans still ticked at this.

Last edited by ChrisFizik; 07-30-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Atlanta fans still ticked at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02gtV20091Y
    Or this

Last edited by ChrisFizik; 07-30-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Oh man, great memories about that series. I was at the Skydome when they played Game 6 on the Jumbotron. When Timlin threw the ball to Carter at first, that place went nuts and we all rushed the field. I would say the level of noise was only matched when Jozy scored in the MLS finals.

It was extra fun that the Jays beat the Braves as I remember the Braves being particularly arrogant that year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like

Last edited by ChrisFizik; 07-30-2018 at 08:55 PM. Reason: streamable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, I wonder how much Tata will play his starters on Wednesday. I could see him playing Giovinco the full 90 to make him nice and tired for Saturday. For some reason, I have a feeling that TFC are going to bushwack AU to make a statement that they're back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more hate Toronto gets the more I love my city. The more animosity directed our way the better victories get.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    For some reason, I have a feeling that TFC are going to bushwack AU to make a statement that they're back.
    I have the same feeling plus I see them being focused this match. One of the issues in our funk was a collective lack of focus which seems to be clearing. This match always looked to be one they silently marked on the calendar and I expect us to be in our earlier Tigres/CA CCL form come Saturday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    The more hate Toronto gets the more I love my city. The more animosity directed our way the better victories get.
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I have the same feeling plus I see them being focused this match. One of the issues in our funk was a collective lack of focus which seems to be clearing. This match always looked to be one they silently marked on the calendar and I expect us to be in our earlier Tigres/CA CCL form come Saturday.
    Wouldn't quite go that far, but certainly rounding into that form; I suspect our focus, as you say, will be similar to those series'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are they going to have the whole stadium opened up for this one, does anyone know?

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Are they going to have the whole stadium opened up for this one, does anyone know?
    Nope

https://www.atlutd.com/post/2018/01/...es-2018-season

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    No it seems

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    LOL the comments under that article. Doesn't Atlanta have a social media team that looks for stuff like that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its Toronno...pfff