Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jonathan Osorio Pre-Appreciation Thread

FIRST OFF: He's not gone yet, hence the 'pre-appreciation' moniker. I just don't ever want to see a "Jonathan Osorio Appreciation Thread".

People, the man has improved from what was a decent player into a player that is crucial for the team.
    His national team game as captain was incredible. The guy is improving, and is crucial to the club and country.
    The following is a post that I made after Leg 1 of the CCL QFinals March 7th 2018.

Benrhodes23 said it best, with a nice prediction:

Originally Posted by Inklink
    Osorio is usually so meh.

Osorio what was that.

Originally Posted by Ajax TFC
    Yup. I like the guy and he's good enough for MLS, but too slow in decision making for this level

Originally Posted by mowe
    Would've taken Oso off instead of Delgado, but hey we'll see.

You could put a thought bubble above Osorio when the ball comes to him near an opposing player: "holy shit holy shit holy shit"

I TAKE IT back osoriooooooooo

Originally Posted by JavierMartini
    That a make up for earlier. lolol

I need to think of more critisms for Osorio

Originally Posted by mowe
    Osorio is the greatest finisher of the modern era.

Originally Posted by BenRhodes23
    What an insane finish from Osorio! I think he's going to have a good season, at least the early indications are that he will. I wish more fans would support him week in and week out, as opposed to just when he scores

Originally Posted by oldtraffordPEI
    We are the better team.

I'm another moron who always shits on Oso...but fuck, about time we support our boy, hes been our best player since the MLS final.

Guys can we seriously stop shitting on him...

I know mostly it's in jest from you guys... but please look at what he's put out there over the last six months.

He looks to be taking a step forward in his game.., a page out of Giovinco if you will. His touches are crisper and more decisive.. he missed a sitter today and then goes out and gets a back heel goal that was way harder to score than the sitter he missed. Altidore had a chance that I wouldn't exactly call a sitter but we all stand by him.

Let's stand by our home grown, especially when he's clearly producing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All-in, on this!

Actually missed the "Pre-" part and panicked, when I seen this thread.

Oso goooood!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW.

One post in this thread, and twelve in the resigning thread?

This is how much we love and respect our local home grown players?

Last edited by Alonso; 09-06-2018 at 02:31 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    WOW.

One post in this thread, and twelve in the resigning thread?

This is how much we love and respect our local home grown players?

And jet you have Altidore in your avatar,why not home grown player?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has hands down been our best player this season. Hopefully he can carry it forward into next season. The way he has played I can see him longing some big national team minutes as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    And jet you have Altidore in your avatar,why not home grown player?
    Yeah I have an idea for the Jonathan Osorio avatar. Got a great picture of his back heel goal... just need to photo shop it. I like to remove the background from the scene.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I woke up this morning thinking about Oso.

A guy from the GTA, who has spent every minute of his pro career playing in Toronto, just played in a World Cup game.

He looked good against the number two team in the world.

Jonathan is truly special, he has done something that not long ago would have been inconceivable to TFC, MLS and Canada fans.

I don’t know how to put into words what I feel. I am truly moved.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that we have moved from the "if" he moves on to the "when" he moves on. Seeing the body of work he has put in the last few years for the club, and combine that with watching him yesterday look quite at home facing the like of KDB and co. I am convinced now that he is gone. He is the bench mark standard for the Academy kids to look up to and model themselves after. He is am ambassador not only for this club, but for the city and country as well. If this truly is goodbye, and my heart and head both tell me it is, then I wish him nothing but the best for the rest of his career wherever that may be. The only regret is not being able to give him the proper send off at BMO that he so rightfully deserves.

I hope I am wrong and we find a way o keep him but at this point I do not see how that can or will happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of two names I have on jerseys.

So proud.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One criticism I used to have about Osorio was his athleticism and I have to say, he brought that level to a degree that I didn't think he even had in him. Every team is he is on plays better whenever he is on the pitch. I hope he gets the move he wants and then gets legit minutes. He deserves it.

Hopefully we see him again in a few years for a Cheyrou type return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

A guy from the GTA, who has spent every minute of his pro career playing in Toronto, just played in a World Cup game.

Jonathan is truly special, he has done something that not long ago would have been inconceivable to TFC, MLS and Canada fans.

Ensco you are one of my favourite posters on this board. I wish there was a like button for a lot of your posts but this one deserves a ❤️.

I was a wee bit choked up when Davies banged in Canada’s first ever goal. So proud of our team and how much we’ve improved as a football nation in the last few years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvistheEvilScotsman View Post
    Ensco you are one of my favourite posters on this board. I wish there was a like button for a lot of your posts but this one deserves a ❤️.

I was a wee bit choked up when Davies banged in Canada’s first ever goal. So proud of our team and how much we’ve improved as a football nation in the last few years.
    Thanks. I also wish there was a like button. I like this post, ;-)

I felt it too when Davies scored. I was thrilled it was such an important and beautiful goal, and that he was the guy.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

We were lucky to have him and I'm still love how he goes into beast mode against CONCACAF opponents. Wish he could've won the CCL with us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I believe that we have moved from the "if" he moves on to the "when" he moves on. Seeing the body of work he has put in the last few years for the club, and combine that with watching him yesterday look quite at home facing the like of KDB and co. I am convinced now that he is gone. He is the bench mark standard for the Academy kids to look up to and model themselves after. He is am ambassador not only for this club, but for the city and country as well. If this truly is goodbye, and my heart and head both tell me it is, then I wish him nothing but the best for the rest of his career wherever that may be. The only regret is not being able to give him the proper send off at BMO that he so rightfully deserves.

I hope I am wrong and we find a way o keep him but at this point I do not see how that can or will happen.
    This.

Also it'll be amazing for the next batch of kids coming up in the academy to be able to look to him and see that anything is possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jonathan 'Oso' Osorio has decided to 'go home' and be a 'one-club' footballer.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 12-14-2022 at 10:11 PM.