Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Standup105 View Post
    These announcers are driving me crazy! Can they discuss the game for a moment?
    He So bad !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FFS Hamilton get a shot in will ya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go fuck yourself unprofessional fucking idiot assholes - doing a 15 minute interview about Canadian soccer in general while the game is on....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finaly Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside of some decent play from Akinola and Fraser this is a pretty dry game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If only making CCL and MLS Cup finals were as easy as making the Voyageurs cup final..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Outside of some decent play from Akinola and Fraser this is a pretty dry game.
    If we had a Mexican commentator it would be so much more exiting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    If we had a Mexican commentator it would be so much more exiting
    It's not a goal.. It's a GOLAZO!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We did what needed to be done tonight --- now win on Saturday and try to make an MLS run for the last 14 games.....with only 6 road games (@ Atlanta, SJ, Portland, NY, DC, Mtl) they can go on a run (9-10 wins potentially) as the only really "scary" road game is in Atlanta and at Portland/NY are tricky but the rest are winnable......time to step it up.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iamthelight_ View Post
    It's not a goal.. It's a GOLAZO!

SO TRUE! all goals should be GOLAZO'S!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Standup105 View Post
    These announcers are driving me crazy! Can they discuss the game for a moment?
    Pathetic. Last week it was Herdman, this week DeVos. Nothing to do with the game.
    Hey --- maybe interview them at halftime instead?
    Maddening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    Pathetic. Last week it was Herdman, this week DeVos. Nothing to do with the game.
    Hey --- maybe interview them at halftime instead?
    Maddening.
    Totally off topic but if I have to hear one more empty platitude from Herdman, DeVos, and the rest of the CSA about plans for the CMNT I will be reaching for the barf bag.

Shut up and accomplish something before I have to listen to you run your mouth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ + 1

Felt like I was watching a 20-minute paid ad. We hit mute after about 12 minutes and put some music on. It felt good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    The union has photos of the scab workers in flip flops in flyers being handed out.

So after long talks with my own fellow local members, and hearing from folks that know IATSE workers, I have decided not to go to the game. Real shame though, since I was really looking forward to going to voy cup - more so than league matches. But I'll have John Tory and the exhibition management to blame. Unsurprisingly, TFC also refused to refund - but I always knew that was a loss cause. Shame MLSE would put workers at risk by encouraging people to cross picket lines and potentially prolonging the dispute.

I respect others may still attend the game, but I encourage folks to drop by he picket lines, say hi, learn about the issues, and offer solidarity. These workers are an important component of our gameday experience and deserve our support!
    Didn't have an issue getting in. Kudos to them for having the sense not to harass people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Didn't have an issue getting in. Kudos to them for having the sense not to harass people.
    Too bad Exhibition Place is locking them out. That always means they are trying to cut compensation. These are decent jobs, sad to see the City trying to turn them into less decent jobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I walked in like usual. Kudos to the one guy who had a sign with a picture of Lisa Simpson with braces. Dental Plan!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Respect

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any issues with parking down there on the Ex grounds for those that did with respect to the protest? Not sure if my wife will need her wheelchair or not yet on Saturday but parking in the Ex grounds is kind of a must for me on game day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we beat this Ottawa team with a 4-0 aggregate, but please TFC staff and players don't give us the bullshit talk in any interview that the team has won now 3 games in row, and it may be well and truly over the turning point of the season.

At the bare minimum beat Chicage again this Sunday and then get 1 point in Atlanta, and then you may run your mouth!

This Ottawa team over the 2 legs played against us like a ultra lightweigt team, equivalent with the England's League 2 average level.
    And by the way, in the first 70 minutes of the 2nd leg, TFC played so sloppy in the final third, that no way in hell we would beat any MLS team like that...
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 07-26-2018 at 02:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its great to see the confidence that Osorio is playing with now.....you gotta be feeling pretty good with yourself to take the goal he did last night......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't mind listening to DeVos while the game was on. I liked hearing their plans. News here in Ottawa this morning was about the record rain we've had this week and the Fury loss to TFC. As I said elsewhere, I think one of the reasons they went with the streaming option was to work out kinks in the system and figure out how much web traffic they generated - using it as data to extrapolate how to monetize streamed CPL games next season. Or maybe they held off on selling TV rights this year so they can package the CC with CPL league games to broadcasters.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, the final games are on TSN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Any issues with parking down there on the Ex grounds for those that did with respect to the protest? Not sure if my wife will need her wheelchair or not yet on Saturday but parking in the Ex grounds is kind of a must for me on game day.
    Not sure what set-up they have there, but at York, our picket lines always expedited anyone with health/medical reasons. We would let folks right through. Might be worth tweeting at the union.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Akinola and Fraser put in solid performances last night. Fraser definitely looked a lot like a guy who can play in the 8. Good shield for Bradley who I'm amazed doesn't get more rest. I get that Akinola is a stocky guy but the fact that he does a better job at doing hold-up duty than Hamilton is both surprising and kind of sad at the same time. Either way, good on Akinola, he had a solid match last night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit Fraser can fraser play some amazing balls. Really looking forward to that kid's future.

Akinola is a grinder. I like him too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad Akinola scored, but Fraser's ball on the first goal, a long laser diagonal on the button deep to Morrow, was a thing of beauty, and made the play.

That was a demonstration of how soccer is a system sport. Akinola is almost a sideshow on that goal.

If Fraser is not playing playing with Morrow, an MLS Best XI player, that ball probably doesn't work. But the quality of both the Fraser ball, and Morrow's ability to both get a half step on his man deep (the Ottawa defender was there), and produce a perfect first touch, creates what is a tap in for Akinola (who did his job, don't get me wrong - he was where he needed to be, and finished nicely)
    Last edited by ensco; 07-26-2018 at 09:44 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I'm glad Akinola scored, but Fraser's ball on the first goal, a long laser diagonal on the button deep to Morrow, was a thing of beauty, and made the play.

That was a demonstration of how soccer is a system sport. Akinola is almost a sideshow on that goal.

If Fraser is not playing playing with Morrow, an MLS Best XI player, that ball probably doesn't work. But the quality of both the Fraser ball, and Morrow's ability to both get a half step on his man deep (the Ottawa defender was there), and produce a perfect first touch, creates what is a tap in for Akinola (who did his job, don't get me wrong - he was where he needed to be, and finished nicely)
    Telfer, not Morrow, no?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Telfer, not Morrow, no?
    Just looked. You are right.

Kind of undermines my whole point!!

Well, nice ball from Fraser.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should start a campaign to convince Akinola to play for Canada. I thought he did really well last night. I was happy to see him score his first for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most comfortable first round I can remember. Key players rested while those called upon got the job done. Vanney walked this perfectly.