RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS Games This Weekend - July 21-22

Saturday

DCU @ Atlanta 3:30pm - Last year, DCU owned Atlanta. The willingness to sit back & hit on the counter is the key to beating the five stripes. Lets see if Rooney & co can buy into that approach. I have my doubts.
    2-0 Atlanta

Vancouver @ Seattle 4pm - Seattle unveils its new striker this game. That's two games in a row where the Whitecaps are the first game for a team reinventing itself with a new signing. Given that & the fly out & back for half the team to Montreal, I think Seattle takes this one.
    2-1 Seattle

LAG @ Philly 7pm
    - Zlatan travels. He will be up against 2 19 year old CB's. Philly sold out the game & it seems that the Union fans might be the minority in their own ground. The Galaxy have a decent enough road record and should get a result here.
    2-0 LAG

NER @ NYRB 7m - NER seems happy being #4 or #5 in the East. NYRB wants to start moving up on Atlanta & NYC. The Red Bulls are good at home.
    3-1 NYRB

Orlando @ Columbus 7:30pm - Orlando beat us but that doesn't take much. Columbus is a much better team with an offence that will strangle the life out of a team that can't defend well.
    3-0 Columbus

FCD @ Houston 9pm - Texas Derby. Two decent teams but Dallas is a step above this season in defence & attack. Houston will want this one bad but I think Dallas will do what it takes to strangle the Houston wide play.
    2-1 Dallas

Colorado @ RSL 10pm - Mountain Derby RSL is smarting from last week & Petke is out for 2 games for his epic post game rant. RSL isn't great in defence or attack but Colorado is the worst team in the league by a large margin.
    3-0 RSL

Montreal @ Portland 11pm- Big test to see if Montreal is for real. Portland hasn't lost since April 8. They are by far the best team Montreal has faced in 2 months. Montreal fail
    2-0 Portland

Sunday

LAFC @ Minnesota 7pm - The only thing that will keep this from being an LA blowout is the LAFC defence tends to play off of players - think Zavs vs. Quinterro a few weeks ago.
    2-2 draw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Martinez from Atlanta just killing it with his goal scoring , he gets 3 today versus D.C. United he now has 22 , 27 is the record for the most goals in one season he should easily break that record with all these games left, I remember when we were talking about Giovinco being the best player ever in MLS history lol, it’s not even a question now on how great Martinez has been since coming to the MLS last season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando gives up 2 in the last 6 minutes of the game to lose it.

Includes this long range bomb

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impact drops two points, TFC now 9 behind the playoff spot.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor Henry giving up the first penalty in the Vancouver match.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quintero giving LAFC the same treatment he gave TFC.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can’t believe the score line in the Loons - LA game. Unreal.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy for the Loons fans - was annoyed at the Bradley boos but in general, they remind of the RBP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't ask for a better weekend. Gained max ground vs. all the teams we're chasing except Montreal.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plata does his best with setting up a goal and potting one himself but Slat Lake still draws.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is any team better set up for 2019 than Minnesota? Imagine when they get Molino and Finlay back....
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their defence is not good & they have no USL team. Team plays with no wingers - every attacking piece they bring in is centrally focused.

They are set up to compete in the West but they will not be as good as the top 8 in the East.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-23-2018 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Wrong about who Loons have beaten

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They just brought in Romario Ibarra who is a winger and their road win was against Orlando, not San Jose

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited that...completely wrong about who the Loons have beaten.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^They have terrific wingers, Finlay and Molino (well, Molino can certainly play there anyway), just not in 2018, plus Quintero clearly plays wide a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the joke with the Loons is that all they have are wingers. Kinda like Philly and keepers a few years ago.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PRO throws the VAR under the bus for a Petruscu call that didn't get reviewed.

http://proreferees.com/2018/07/24/pr...ent-clb-v-orl/