Hybrid View

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    That's just not true .. it's not like they have their backs to the field for 90 minutes. The only ones that miss a lot of the game are the capos.
    You're not getting it. It's not about which direction you are facing, it's about appreciating context.

When we'd chant "who are ya" to a big name player, it was funny. If we made up a chant at the moment because of something on the field, it was great.

The Inebriatti wrecked all that. They just did their songs regardless of what happened during the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You're not getting it. It's not about which direction you are facing, it's about appreciating context.

When we'd chant "who are ya" to a big name player, it was funny. If we made up a chant at the moment because of something on the field, it was great.

The Inebriatti wrecked all that. They just did their songs regardless of what happened during the game.
    Some people like to yell who are ya, some like to wave flags and sing non stop for 90 minutes. You have your way of supporting, I have mine. Why is your way more valid then mine? There's enough room in the south end for both styles to co-exist.

Inebriatti didn't wreck anything. They're just doing their thing. Not everyone is from a 'top 3 football league' country, and not everyone thinks that chanting "you fat bastard" on goal kicks is funny.