Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    .... The montreal game was hurting to hear when the away fans seemed louder. ...
    Can we please kill this myth?

Talk about youth - fine.

Talk about energy - cool.

But talk that the Impact outsang the south is bunkum, as shown by numerous people in this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unite the south again and make Inebriatti supporters feel welcomed again.
    Nobody should argue this...but its difficult to unite with a "group" who doesn't want to unite with anyone. What you speak of, the void will be filled. Give it time, new groups will be created, they'll be loud & passionate. Anyway, none of this matters now but everyone is so extreme in their views on it all.

This BS about Mtl fans being louder...lol Its a self serving myth. A loud and passionate supporters group has been removed from the stadium, that sucks but its not surprising. Too much ridiculous shite caused from members of the group, like it or not BMO, TFC, MLS, etc. do have rules. But show a little more respect for the thousand of supporters who remain, they were bouncing and loud on Saturday just as they were pre-2012 and the last few matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    One thing for sure, we need another group in the middle to coordinate the south end.

any thoughts about RPB moving into 114...plenty of seats to get everyone from 112 concentrated together, and its more central and more opportunity for growth.

plus any new group that may sprout up should begin in a smaller section.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    One thing for sure, we need another group in the middle to coordinate the south end.
    Definitely. 115 is crickets. When regular members are there chants survive. But too many tourists not getting involved.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Any songs that actually were good will stay.

People seemed to like TO olé/ allez. Good tune.
    This is a really good tune and catchy beat. Hope we continue to use this one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    any thoughts about RPB moving into 114...plenty of seats to get everyone from 112 concentrated together, and its more central and more opportunity for growth.

plus any new group that may sprout up should begin in a smaller section.
    This would be great idea. Need to get RPB and other groups as close to the middle/net as possible. Always kinda baffled me how no group took control of 115 directly behind the net.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad someone brought up the biggest point of losing Inebriatti. Its the fact of losing the youth supporters which isnt good for any team sport to get rid of. The new generation of fans is what makes teams live forever. The old RPB and U Sector group in 10 years wont be able to even sing for the first 45 minutes. You already see it now the way RPB fell off years ago what makes you think theyll get better. Without the kids theres nothing and this is coming from a young supporter. Unite the south again and make Inebriatti supporters feel welcomed again. The montreal game was hurting to hear when the away fans seemed louder. My eyes Inebriatti is missed even by the team playeds
    If the group causes turmoil, doesn't want to follow the rules and causes safety concerns they are a problem that needs to be dealt with....young or old. You actually think TFC should have tolerated all these safety concerns and embarrassment because they are concerned about losing a handful of young supporters in this group? Give me a break. You are admitting you are young supporter so I am not surprised you think you should be coddled instead of disciplined. Typical entitled millennial attitude. There are lots of kids/youth around still in the stadium. Just need to keep the troubled ones out that show no respect and are a danger to those around them. My kids come to every game and I can see them being the next wave of RPB one day. I am not concerned about this group or the state of the south end. Energetic supporters with respect for others are always welcome in the south end. That group was missing the respect part. Everyone wants a united south end but that group didn't. If any of their members want to rethink their approach and learn from their mistakes I am sure people will welcome them back to the south end no problem. Last game I was not able to hear the Montreal supporters at all over the noise from the south end. Seems like others felt the same. The players hear the noise and see the flags but they really don't know anything about the situation to have an informed decision. If they knew the issues more in depth they would agree with the position of the TFC FO. Don't be naive on that. Not sure how your eyes tell you how the players feel about this situation anyway.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    This would be great idea. Need to get RPB and other groups as close to the middle/net as possible. Always kinda baffled me how no group took control of 115 directly behind the net.
    I'm right there from day one,we used to have better crowd at the bottom of that section,not anymore.New faces every game,if I bring some friends with me we try to follow chants and songs,but we have one more problem that many ppl don't realize,Kings in 116.
    They can't chant in sink with the rest of south if their lives were depending on it,within first 15 second they are already 5 seconds to fast,and now try to get something going when on your right side you hear 112-114 and left from you 116 going to fast.I think what would be the best for south is kings moving to 114,they are good but far away and maybe if they are closer to 111-113 they would get in sink easier.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been reading this thread for a while now and I am going to try to take an unbiased approach. I have great respect for all of the supporters groups.

1) RPB, U-sector, Kings did really bring it on Saturday and were loud
    2) There IS a noticeable difference without Inebriatti there. Say what you will, but they are bar none the loudest group at BMO. Anyone who denies this is speaking solely from a hate against Inebs.
    3) Since inception of TFC, every group has been doing their own thing. The problems of syncing in the southend predate Inebriatti.
    4) Youth and energy are things that definitely play a part in why Inebriatti were so good, not to say that other groups don't have younger members, but the average age of Inebriatti is early twenties-to-mid twenties I would guess
    5) The way people from both sides have been behaving on social media make us look really amateur. We just won against our rivals. There are members of RPB, who are frankly embarrassing on twitter.
    6) A lot of people utilize the southend as way to have the cheap seats. The south is a designated supporters section. It says on the signs that view may be obstructed and Inebriatti is within their right to keep waving those flags, unless there comes a league-wide rule that tells them not to. They have been waving those flags for the last two years at least. I for one agree with the all-hand-on-deck approach of supporting in 114. I don't like being told how to support and would afford that courtesy to others as well, but I also have the courtesy to respect the rules of SG-controlled sections. If RPB, U-sector support in a certain way I would respect that.
    7) Creating an unsafe environment in any stadium, home or away, is not okay. Hopefully, the right people will be punished for Ottawa and other incidents.
    8) Banning upwards of 150 people in 114 is not cool and very heavy-handed. I almost lost my tickets, though I am not technically a member of any supporters group.

Once again, no one should have to feel unsafe at a football match and the right people should be punished, but to simply state that the atmosphere doesn't suffer after banning a whole group of people is simply wrong. Kudos to the other SGs for bringing it on Sat, but I do miss Inebriatti. Hopefully, we can find a way forward where we support the team without all the extra shenanigans.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post
    Been reading this thread for a while now and I am going to try to take an unbiased approach. I have great respect for all of the supporters groups.

2) There IS a noticeable difference without Inebriatti there. Say what you will, but they are bar none the loudest group at BMO. Anyone who denies this is speaking solely from a hate against Inebs.
    3) Since inception of TFC, every group has been doing their own thing. The problems of syncing in the southend predate Inebriatti.
    4) Youth and energy are things that definitely play a part in why Inebriatti were so good, not to say that other groups don't have younger members, but the average age of Inebriatti is early twenties-to-mid twenties I would guess
    5) The way people from both sides have been behaving on social media make us look really amateur. We just won against our rivals. There are members of RPB, who are frankly embarrassing on twitter.
    6) A lot of people utilize the southend as way to have the cheap seats. The south is a designated supporters section. It says on the signs that view may be obstructed and Inebriatti is within their right to keep waving those flags, unless there comes a league-wide rule that tells them not to. They have been waving those flags for the last two years at least. I for one agree with the all-hand-on-deck approach of supporting in 114. I don't like being told how to support and would afford that courtesy to others as well, but I also have the courtesy to respect the rules of SG-controlled sections. If RPB, U-sector support in a certain way I would respect that.
    7) Creating an unsafe environment in any stadium, home or away, is not okay. Hopefully, the right people will be punished for Ottawa and other incidents.
    8) Banning upwards of 150 people in 114 is not cool and very heavy-handed. I almost lost my tickets, though I am not technically a member of any supporters group.

Once again, no one should have to feel unsafe at a football match and the right people should be punished, but to simply state that the atmosphere doesn't suffer after banning a whole group of people is simply wrong. Kudos to the other SGs for bringing it on Sat, but I do miss Inebriatti. Hopefully, we can find a way forward where we support the team without all the extra shenanigans.
    How did you almost loose your tickets?
    That's all I'll say about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    How did you almost loose your tickets?
    A very long story, but it was a mistake on the FO's part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    You are admitting you are young supporter so I am not surprised you think you should be coddled instead of disciplined. Typical entitled millennial attitude.
    This has got to be one of the more divisive and idiotic replies on this board in recent times. No matter age, gender, race, orientation, beliefs etc and so forth should a supporter be put down for being a supporter. Not to mention that nowhere in the OPs post did he say anything about being young him/herself. The rash assumptions and generalizations are a bad look in a thread full of people complaining that another group had a divide over unite attitude.

Very well put CanadaLFC, this is a great post - I was going to add to my earlier posts your point I've bolded above, albeit I was going to describe it as glorified nana-booboo-ing. This also comes to show that you can't generalize a group based on the actions of a few. I don't think any RPB would appreciate being generalized as childish morons thanks to the actions of a select few peers. It's a slippery slope.
    Last edited by Smokecell; 08-28-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    This has got to be one of the more divisive and idiotic replies on this board in recent times. No matter age, gender, race, orientation, beliefs etc and so forth should a supporter be put down for being a supporter. Not to mention that nowhere in the OPs post did he say anything about being young him/herself. The rash assumptions and generalizations are a bad look in a thread full of people complaining that another group had a divide over unite attitude.
    You would have been much more persuasive if you left out your first sentence. Calling someone out by saying they are divisive and idiotic is also a bad look.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    In the post that I was quoting he made a statement and says following that "this is coming from a young supporter" thus admitting he was young. I didn't come up with that out of thin air. Did you happen to miss that or just doing some selective reading? I am not picking on young supporters at all. I would never paint an entire group with the same brush and I don't with this group either. You are trying to make me sound like I am discriminating which I am clearly not. The post said that TFC needs to worry about turning away the youth with this action. I was just pointing out that they only need to worry about turning away people, young or old without discrimination, who break the rules or laws. It is always best to read carefully before you post so you don't sound like the name you called me.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[mod comment] Everyone, please be polite in this thread. We can discuss what's happened, the reasons for it, the effects of it, and how we can move forward.

Thank-you for your cooperation. [/mod comment]
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what turns away fans, both young and old? Sucking.

I buy my tickets to watch the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry not related at all to this thread but every time I read someone say something along the lines of "Typical entitled millennial attitude." it makes me laugh. Has there ever been a more entitled and have it so easy generation than baby boomers? LOL

ok back to topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    Sorry not related at all to this thread but every time I read someone say something along the lines of "Typical entitled millennial attitude." it makes me laugh. Has there ever been a more entitled and have it so easy generation than baby boomers? LOL

ok back to topic.
    So... entitled baby boomers produced entitled Millennials... you are saying? lol

k.. back to topic.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CanadaLFC hit most of those points bang on - particularly point 2. I think there are many of us who appreciate what Ineebs brought atmosphere wise to BMO and even on the road. While we cannot ignore the bad in things they did, there is no denying they were the loudest group at BMO with engaging chants and there is now a major void for RPB/USec/Kings to fill in the south for the rest of this season, potential play into the late fall and next season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

114 was the loudest, sure.

But they were at capacity. They weren't adding too many fans to their section and with their song selection and attitude, they weren't making friends with the fans already there. Maybe 10 a year. 150 max? People either wanted to stare at them because they were on a roll, or felt alienated by their antics.

People stopped singing. 114 non ineebs stopped signing, 113 and 112 even stopped signing. Ineebs wouldn't sing anything we knew. They wanted to get rid of Dicho, oh when the reds / anything "british". They brought a few good new songs in (something we never do) but any concessions were made reluctantly. They made a lot of us not bother.

But this is the big thing. That limited appeal and style was enough to win the battle to be loudest in the south, but would never have been enough to win the stadium.

So now, with the potential to bring 110 to 116 together, those numbers have a shot at being louder.

Noticeable drop off sure. Forever? Nah.
    Last edited by Red4ever; 08-29-2018 at 12:07 PM. Reason: clarity

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I'm in 114, with the occasional exception I usually followed the RPB capo even though he was way over.

A lot of people around me just stopped singing period. Guess what? They have started singing again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    114 was the loudest, sure.

But they were at capacity. They weren't adding too many fans to their section and with their song selection and attitude, they weren't making friends with the fans already there. Maybe 10 a year. 150 max? People either wanted to stare at them because they were on a roll, or felt alienated by their antics.

People stopped singing. 114 non ineebs stopped signing, 113 and 112 even stopped signing. Ineebs wouldn't sing anything we knew. They wanted to get rid of Dicho, oh when the reds / anything "british". They brought a few good new songs in (something we never do) but any concessions were made reluctantly. They made a lot of us not bother.

But this is the big thing. That limited appeal and style was enough to win the battle to be loudest in the south, but would never have been enough to win the stadium.

So now, with the potential to bring 110 to 116 together, those numbers have a shot at being louder.

Noticeable drop off sure. Forever? Nah.
    There are some good points made by them and the other SGs for keeping/removing of some songs. The key is to find a way to work together...give and take. So while one group feels that Dichio chant should not be done anymore, they should still participate and hope others participate when their chants are being sung.

Apart from Inebriatti sections, I have not heard a new chant at BMO probably in the last 6 years or so. Why do we not have a single song dedicated to the MLS Cup win, to the treble? Yet we keep on chanting Dichio. Is the first goal in club history more important than the first championship?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't posted in awhile but I really don't understand all the supportive posts for the atmosphere that Innebriatti brought. Members of this group:

1) Attacked a family with an autistic child and put a man that defended the child in the hospital.
    2) Set their own flag and the field on fire in Ottawa
    3) Tore up seats in other venues
    4) Started countless fights
    5) Made threats - racist, sexist and otherwise - to many fellow supporters at BMO
    6) Had a mob-like mentality in protecting those who did all of this

It's pretty simple to me, and has nothing to do with millennial entitlement or whether you're okay with flags blocking sightlines. Either you support violence and intimidation, or you support the group's ban (even if lamenting that BMO may be a little quieter without them). And for those saying that it was unfair to make everyone in the group take a pricey course to get their tickets back, tell me that there was a single group member that didn't know what their fellow members had done, and that their leaders were protecting them. If you were a member of that group, you at very least implicitly supported these actions, now you're paying the price.

My hat goes off to those in the south that filled the void at last week's game - I was in section 220 and you sounded great from there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some good points made by them and the other SGs for keeping/removing of some songs. The key is to find a way to work together...give and take. So while one group feels that Dichio chant should not be done anymore, they should still participate and hope others participate when their chants are being sung.

Apart from Inebriatti sections, I have not heard a new chant at BMO probably in the last 6 years or so. Why do we not have a single song dedicated to the MLS Cup win, to the treble? Yet we keep on chanting Dichio. Is the first goal in club history more important than the first championship?
    Of course not, but that speaks to the fact that no one has come up with a good one. Plus this year there hasn't been much to sing about.

Though I will say, the Jozy Altidore song and beat the impact are both great, and they never get traction in 114. Which is really my point: things don't work in silos. And with the southend, there were a lot of silos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's time to heal the divide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    You are admitting you are young supporter so I am not surprised you think you should be coddled instead of disciplined. Typical entitled millennial attitude.

That's ageist! /s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we think there was some intimidation factor in other sections not making as much noise while inebriatti was around?
    I'm sure we'll see a difference with other groups stepping up the decibels.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mum View Post
    It's time to heal the divide.
    There are no two sides here.

The rest of us are moving on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I resubmit the Altidore song (to be sung like the Dichio song at the appropriate second half interval) from the Altidore thread that I tried to get going back in December in the post-championship haze of glory.......every few months I keep trying to push that rock up the hill.....and like Sisyphus it keeps rolling over top of me....ha ha ha......

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    I'm right there from day one,we used to have better crowd at the bottom of that section,not anymore.New faces every game,if I bring some friends with me we try to follow chants and songs,but we have one more problem that many ppl don't realize,Kings in 116.
    They can't chant in sink with the rest of south if their lives were depending on it,within first 15 second they are already 5 seconds to fast,and now try to get something going when on your right side you hear 112-114 and left from you 116 going to fast.I think what would be the best for south is kings moving to 114,they are good but far away and maybe if they are closer to 111-113 they would get in sink easier.
    I definitely notice the sync issues from west and east sides of the southend from where I sit too, I'm surprised it hasn't improved.
    The issue I find is if Kings were to move in 114 then the west side of the south end would turn silent. Kings are doing a decent job getting people around them to join in.

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    I resubmit the Altidore song (to be sung like the Dichio song at the appropriate second half interval) from the Altidore thread that I tried to get going back in December in the post-championship haze of glory.......every few months I keep trying to push that rock up the hill.....and like Sisyphus it keeps rolling over top of me....ha ha ha......

I still sing old songs when they're sung because I want the southend engaged. But if I have to be honest I'm bored of some old songs like Dichio and would invite some new fresh ones. Also it would be good to keep alive some of the good catchy songs Ineebs created like t.o ale t.o ale ole ole ole ale, toronto we love you so, shalalala oh toronto, regardless of one's opinion about them. I also enjoy the simple Seba Seba, Jozy Jozy chant in tune of Kolo Kolo, Yaya Yaya, havent heard it in a while.
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 08-29-2018 at 04:07 PM.