Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    What is the chances a new supporter group forms there? What happens to the seats?
    My fear is that they move supporters from the upper 110 into this section so they can charge more for the 110 seats. Or they move all light greys from the lower bowl into 114 and do the same and charge more for those seats. MLSE is a business and will do whatever to increase $$. Just like they screwed Raptors season holders who I believe had floors and they added a row in front of them for more $$.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    No final word yet. Right now they are selling them on a match by match basis to tourists, I expect that for the rest of the season.

If they give it to a group, the group will have to tie it to group membership lists. Non members won't be able to buy them.
    Seems like a measured approach to the situation by the front office so far.
    As a non-member, I sure hope they give them to supporter groups to distribute/ sell em through the groups. Preserving the South End is essential to keeping the game day experience intact.
    The tourist quotient that already fills in down there seems to already be affecting things.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnelred View Post
    I liked what Ineebs brought to the atmosphere for the most part. But the lack of respect for others around them really started to get bad. Columbus last year in the playoffs was a prime example. They came and told everyone down the bottom of the away section to move as that is “their place”. They then proceed to wave their flags constantly as soon as the game starts. You have to think there are a lot of families and non SG affiliated fans there too. When we asked them to put the flags down so we could watch the game we got told “you’re not here to watch the game”. Yup, I paid to fly to Columbus, accommodation, and a match ticket just to see the back of flags. If they wanted to wave flags all game, take the back of the section where you’re not impeding anyone’s view.

Respect for others. Plan and simple. They lost it.
    Thank you. Sums it up nicely.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like they loved the team so much that the team had to get a restraining order.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. Sums it up nicely.
    agreed, the lack of respect for others got old really fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Per https://www.torontofc.ca/bmofield/code-conduct:

Flags smaller than 5’ x 5’ and attached to a pole under 10’ are permitted to be up and/or waving during the run of play. However, the flag must be approved by TFC Front Office beforehand.
    That's interesting. FO must have changed this. The pole for during run flags used to be listed as 6' I could have sworn. Anyone know where the code might be posted/copied from a year ago or so? Anyway - that's what I was referring to, yes. When a lot of complaints were made it was due to flags in use during play that contravened that part of the code. If the pole was always listed as 10' (I'm pretty confident it wasn't) then that's my mistake for sure - and if the flags meet that criteria then absolutely I should be prepared for it, you're right.

The crater will be filled eventually. Tourists, as many call them, are only tourists until they stick around and join in. The south end doesn't get filled and united by not including new people. We've seen what exclusionary behaviour leads to.... Let's try a little harder to see what inclusive behaviour and attitudes can do.

BTW, wasn't referring to the analogy regarding the abusive partner, but that particular argument. I hope you were just trying to make an analogy and don't actually believe that about abusive relationships.
    Last edited by Stencils; 08-24-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    It's like they loved the team so much that the team had to get a restraining order.
    bravo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding is that supporters and ultras are a different thing.

Supporters first grew up in England where members of the working class wanted to cheer on their team. Along with football spreading around the world, supporters culture also spread.

Ultras culture originated in the sharp social, political, regional and ethnic divides in eastern Europe. In the tightly controlled societies, particularly in the communist block countries of the time, football matches were the only times when these loyalties could be openly expressed. So ultras displays weren't about cheering the team to win, that was secondary, they were about tribalism to the particular group.

So while we don't have those types of repressed societies and the original reason is completely lost, I believe that the Inebriatti were imitating those kinds of groups, and their displays were more about group notoriety than about supporting the team, just like with real Ultras.

No where was this more evident than when after a decade I finally got my wife to go to a game with me. I thought she would enjoy the excitement of the game (against Montreal no less) and the vibe of the support. Instead, all she remembers is the obscene banner that the Inebriatti put up that game. I was apologizing for weeks afterwards. It's the first thing she mentioned to me when I told her yesterday they got banned.

No one can tell me that banner encouraged our team to win. It was all about notoriety. Same thing with the fire in Ottawa, or any other such things that they did.

and on the other hand, our Captain Bradley namechecked them several times in interviews last year, and just this past weekend, Jozy had an Instagram post with their logo and the hashtag #freeinebriatti.

Regardless of an one's individual opinion of them let's please not act like their support was/is not noticed by the players and that there won't be a huge void in support at BMO.....there will be....simple as that.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so can they just go and support TFC II and III?
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now i dont know what was said behind closed doors, but it seems like the FO gave them chance after chance. I wonder if the rank and file 114 guys feel that their group's management acted in their best interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though I'm not a season seat holder I've sat in various sections in the south end. My most recent visit was in 114 right behind this group. In my opinion the passion that this group brought was top notch. I hope that they can come back in a more civilized fashion but with that same passion because the supporters section is completely different with them there.

What I'd like to see happen is for them build an even larger group that takes up the whole of 114 so that they don't create viewing issues. But having an even larger group like them with that same level of passion would only be for the better. But they need to be able to control themselves and realize that they aren't ultra's.

If they don't come back, BMO will become an ACC type atmosphere, which is inevitable and very unfortunate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no "on the other hand" to a hubristic sexist harrassing group of people who only think they are real fans & never take responsibility for actions from within their group or for how they affect other people around them. Not only is there nothing that they provided that can EVER justify their behaviour, but what they provided is not necessary for BMO to have a great atmosphere.

They were arguing on Twitter yesterday telling the rest of us we are effin plastic. Frankly, they don't give a rats ass about anybody but themselves & the elites that they think they are. And don't get me started on them singing over Dichio on freaking purpose & how they spent 25 minutes doing the same damn song.

Has it been as loud from the South the last few games? No.

Has it been silent? HELL NO

They have already been shown to not be needed.
    There is no void of sound in the south.
    There has been no void of support at BMO.

If anything, other groups are stepping up.

You want to see what happens when supporters stop coming to games?

Go watch the Chicago Columbus game from last night.

You could hear players calling out plays on the pitch - it was like watching a college game.

No crowd noise because not only was it just 10K there - the Fire have bounced/neglected/turned off every single supporter group they have ever had. Even the guys who used to just drukenly chant "FIRE!" are gone.

We are still, even without that one group, one of the louder stadiums in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey people can believe what they like, but if they don't think that the players have fed off their support specifically, AFTER THE PLAYERS THEMSELVES HAVE SAID SO, then it's either being incredibly naive, or simply sticking fingers in the ears.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    and on the other hand, our Captain Bradley namechecked them several times in interviews last year, and just this past weekend, Jozy had an Instagram post with their logo and the hashtag #freeinebriatti.

Regardless of an one's individual opinion of them let's please not act like their support was/is not noticed by the players and that there won't be a huge void in support at BMO.....there will be....simple as that.....
    Pretty darn good chance Bradley and Altidore have never once had to deal with the frequent, gross BS those near (and maybe beyond near) the Inebs in the stands have had to deal with, though.
    Tune might change a tad if so ...
    Last edited by GBV; 08-24-2018 at 11:37 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey people can believe what they like, but if they don't think that the players have fed off their support specifically, AFTER THE PLAYERS THEMSELVES HAVE SAID SO, then it's either being incredibly naive, or simply sticking fingers in the ears.....
    And the players have been saying that since year 1. Thinking that players only started to benefit from the noise 3 years ago is equally naive.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess Ill make one quick post about this

Nobody is denying their passion and ability to make the stadium rocking. It has been the go to for last few seasons for sure

Its more the question is if all the negatives attached outweigh the positives that they provide? TFC felt that it didn't. Hard to disagree, considering how many issues there has been over the years.

Will it turn into the ACC? No. It wasn't the ACC before they arrived in the early years, and based on the last couple games, it won't be. Just won't be as loud until we rebuild that chemistry again which I believe we can do.

Wish the group and members all the best and hope to see them re-evaluate and bring that same noise possibly in the future. In the meantime, lets convert some tourists!
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop shouting, it is a shame that the group has been banned because of the idiotic hooliganism that a few of the prepubescent members resorted too, not self policing and condoning the behaviour by the group is just bad management. There are rules that were regularly broken at both home and away matches, shit happens. Yes they had great support but committed suicide by crossing the line far too many times and simply denying it by their spokesperson. Being an official supporter's group is like being a partner with the club, if you make the club look bad, you are no longer a said partner. That is the big picture in my opinion. no naivety or
    sticking fingers in one's ears as you eloquently put it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    so can they just go and support TFC II and III?
    God help the CPL, they better be prepared. If any one remembers some of smoke/flare shows that went on at CSL games will under stand.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm baffled by the expectation from people that the solution to the gap in 114 should have already come. This isn't something that gets sorted overnight.

Yes, we get it, it's different without 150 folks not being there chanting and such. You can't just replace those 150 people in a week on a like for like basis. This stuff takes time. I'm confident that the supporter culture will remain strong in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure the name check could equally be down to simple name recognition. Without a doubt Ineeb did a great job of branding. Reality is, the physical celebrations seemed to hit U-Sector more than Ineeb. But positioning and branding would have had them forefront of any soccer player's mind.

I'll miss their passion but I don't for a second believe that their way of drumming up passion is the only way to get things rolling. I've said elsewhere that last year's south end unity was the real goal, and that this year I haven't seen cooperation happen this year - and so I don't want to overstate the value of one particular group in the grand scheme of things, especially if they are eschewing coordination and common responsibility for creating said unity.

That they've taken to the airwaves to run down all the other supporters in the aftermath, rather than attacking the decision makers, AND that no one on the outside seems to be interested in defending their honour (such as it may be), says it all to me.

They aren't interested in the Club. They aren't looking to support TFC. They aren't working with other supporters. They want TFC to provide them with a sandbox. That's all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    God help the CPL, they better be prepared. If any one remembers some of smoke/flare shows that went on at CSL games will under stand.
    As someone who played in it. Trust me, I had enough flares thrown at me in a lifetime.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    I guess Ill make one quick post about this

Nobody is denying their passion and ability to make the stadium rocking. It has been the go to for last few seasons for sure

Its more the question is if all the negatives attached outweigh the positives that they provide? TFC felt that it didn't. Hard to disagree, considering how many issues there has been over the years.

Will it turn into the ACC? No. It wasn't the ACC before they arrived in the early years, and based on the last couple games, it won't be. Just won't be as loud until we rebuild that chemistry again which I believe we can do.

Wish the group and members all the best and hope to see them re-evaluate and bring that same noise possibly in the future. In the meantime, lets convert some tourists!
    Spot on. Yes, they have passion and are noisy, but they are also petulant children when they got called out for bad behaviour by the FO. How far would it have to escalate for the FO to ban them permanently? They've already caused a poor Crew fan to seek financial help for a badly burned leg from their flare after a fight. They also caused a property damage in Ottawa and could have caused more injuries at TD Place. I'm sure a number of you have paraded with them in Liberty Village to BMO. These guys throw firecrackers into their own parade with their own fans! Their bad behaviour outweighs the noise levels that they bring the BMO.

Some of the perpetrators of the flare incident in Ottawa have been banned from BMO and MLSE property indefinitely. It does looks like some non-Inebriatti people are banned, but at least they aren't coming to BMO: https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/1032617420949790720

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer to use my eyes & ears.

Jozy went to the RPB end after his 1st goal against Vancouver.

The players and fans did the clap after the Voyageurs win with drums from 2 groups.

Osorio took the cup up onto a capo stand.

That relationship with the players is still there.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post

They aren't interested in the Club. They aren't looking to support TFC. They aren't working with other supporters. They want TFC to provide them with a sandbox. That's all.
    You summarized it well. They also weren't interested in the slightest in the people around them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and to add to this discussion, some voices that have not been mentioned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oh, and to add to this discussion, some voices that have not been mentioned

Bang on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inebriatti will be back under there original group name or some other name, However the members who will be cleared will have to take some sort of MLS fan conduct educational class at their own expense. Maybe someone can clear this statement up "See Attached"

https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/...949790720?s=19

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcmanu View Post
    Inebriatti will be back under there original group name or some other name, However the members who will be cleared will have to take some sort of MLS fan conduct educational class at their own expense. Maybe someone can clear this statement up "See Attached"

https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/...949790720?s=19
    They've had their season seats cancelled. Good luck forming a group together, unless they move to the cpl.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And of course main stream media are all over this issue,I did not want to post all these articles in TFC News,

Inside the chaotic scene that led TFC to ban Inebriatti

Inebriatti supporters say wide-ranging Toronto FC sanctions are unfair

Inebriatti calls TFC’s collective sanctions unfair

‘Inebriatti’ Toronto FC fan group speaks out against wide-ranging sanctions

Instead of focusing on TFC and push for playoff,media is writing about these clowns putting soccer in negative spotlight once again.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In media's defence, there is plenty out there about the Toronto FC playoff picture, the importance of tonight's game etc.
    Don't think we should ask media to just ignore the Inebriatti story.