Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never a dull moment with the inebriati. seems to me the team should have acted a bit sooner and with a lot more accuracy. some culpability among themselves would have saved them but..how are you able to bring explosive devices into a sports arena in this day and age? if i was an ottawa fury/pointy ball supporter i would be asking some very strong questions about the security of that stadium. that last 'boom' you hear is not a road flare. if that security team isnt stripped of its license i would be shocked. that probably has a lot to do with the full ban. that was risky and dangerous and nobody supports that.
    im not entirely shocked to hear of them getting banned but all of them?? i did enjoy the noise and racaus they brought. we need less 'clap clap clap'. without them there we now have a lot tourists and the void between drums in the east vs west is far more noticable. the drumming has always been an issue. as long as the drums are further away from each other the greater the delay and thus the off beat drumming. centralizing the drums is the only fix. everyone chants to the beat of the nearest drums which leads the chanting off course as well.
    there is a good chant in the middle of 115 sometimes - 'all at different times' but you have to yell it out of time with anyone else yelling it. its actually not that easy to do.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post

My argument is that someone in the supporter's section contributing to to the atmosphere is more of a supporter than someone that isn't. If you're not contributing to the atmosphere you're taking away from it.
    I may be misinterpreting your comment (and I apologize if that is the case), but as someone who doesn't sit in the supporter's section, I personally do not feel like I am less of a supporter than all of you who are in the south end. The family members I share my seats with are physically unable to stand the entire match, and so we have a block of seats in the East stands, but we are still all at virtually every game and have been since the beginning. In addition, I also travel to away games around the continent whenever possible (this year alone I have been to matches in Columbus, Chicago, Portland, and NY, and have upcoming trips booked to NY, DC, and Montreal). Singing and dancing (in a peaceful and respectful way) definitely does add to the atmosphere in the stadium, and I thank everyone of you who contribute to that, but I do not agree that "not contributing to the atmosphere" by sitting in a seat and watching the action on the field makes anyone less of a supporter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDMD View Post
    I may be misinterpreting your comment (and I apologize if that is the case), but as someone who doesn't sit in the supporter's section, I personally do not feel like I am less of a supporter than all of you who are in the south end. The family members I share my seats with are physically unable to stand the entire match, and so we have a block of seats in the East stands, but we are still all at virtually every game and have been since the beginning. In addition, I also travel to away games around the continent whenever possible (this year alone I have been to matches in Columbus, Chicago, Portland, and NY, and have upcoming trips booked to NY, DC, and Montreal). Singing and dancing (in a peaceful and respectful way) definitely does add to the atmosphere in the stadium, and I thank everyone of you who contribute to that, but I do not agree that "not contributing to the atmosphere" by sitting in a seat and watching the action on the field makes anyone less of a supporter.
    Not for lack of trying but...

You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

To me this post is vital. The goal has to be that every supporter, no matter where they sit /stand , feels like they are vital to the game day experience. Posters like this, coming together en mass, will be the ones to make this stadium intimidating more than any RPB, U sector, Ineebs or Kings ever could.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDMD View Post
    I think you've misinterpreted - OP was referring specifically to the designated supporters sections where it's pretty inarguable that if you belong to these sections and do nothing to contribute to the atmosphere that you're taking away from it. I think it speaks more to placing people who fit into this category into sections like 120 or something in turn opening that spot in 11X for someone looking to sing and chant all game. Not saying anyone is less of a supporter - just grouping the likeminded individuals (literally THE point of having designated SS to begin with).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    I think you've misinterpreted - OP was referring specifically to the designated supporters sections where it's pretty inarguable that if you belong to these sections and do nothing to contribute to the atmosphere that you're taking away from it. I think it speaks more to placing people who fit into this category into sections like 120 or something in turn opening that spot in 11X for someone looking to sing and chant all game. Not saying anyone is less of a supporter - just grouping the likeminded individuals (literally THE point of having designated SS to begin with).
    Right, but were arent like minded. That's the problem.

There is an argument that many supporters of all groups are active but aren't contributing in the most efficient way.

Tribal has been drumming forever, many people would call that pointless.

If we all do our own thing (or 5 separate things) are we really contributing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The supporting section is nothing short of embarrassing. I was there last night, along with every game. Tonight I payed attention specifically to RPB, U-Sector and Kings. Passion. Where is it? This doesn't exist in the south anymore, that's what all of you make it feel like. It's just a hot mess, I heard the same 2 songs chanted back to back, before it died out within 15 seconds. You guys want to sit here and talk about uniting but yet the capos can't seem to unite a single chant for the life of them. Not to mention sitting down, spending more time dancing and drinking beer rather than directing the crowd. Although I do not agree with a lot of the actions demonstrated by Inebriatti, they did have one thing. Passion.

I hope the context of this doesn't come off the wrong way, this is just insight, and also my useless opinion. For such organized supporting groups, there's not a lot being brought to the table. I think the south needs an intense overhaul. It's more than just waving a flag and wearing a jersey.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that the team needs you.
    Last edited by spanko; 09-02-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spanko View Post
    The supporting section is nothing short of embarrassing. I was there last night, along with every game. Tonight I payed attention specifically to RPB, U-Sector and Kings. Passion. Where is it? This doesn't exist in the south anymore, that's what all of you make it feel like. It's just a hot mess, I heard the same 2 songs chanted back to back, before it died out within 15 seconds. You guys want to sit here and talk about uniting but yet the capos can't seem to unite a single chant for the life of them. Not to mention sitting down, spending more time dancing and drinking beer rather than directing the crowd. Although I do not agree with a lot of the actions demonstrated by Inebriatti, they did have one thing. Passion.

I hope the context of this doesn't come off the wrong way, this is just insight, and also my useless opinion. For such organized supporting groups, there's not a lot being brought to the table. I think the south needs an intense overhaul. It's more than just waving a flag and wearing a jersey.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that the team needs you.
    Oh yeah, this post will go over well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Oh yeah, this post will go over well.
    12 posts in a year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok my first comment on the group.
    Being a STH for the past couple of seasons, I took the atmosphere for granted. The playoff run the last two seasons, and the champions league run was great fun with the chants.
    I took both my parents to a game this year, one was without them and one with, the experience is noticeable.

I managed to get $30 tickets to section 114 for the Canadian championship.
    - a lot of fair weather fans, a lot of parents and young kids, and a huge gap between both leaders.

We stood beside 4 guys from inebriatti, this one was pretty loud, he did sing over the dichio chant which I didn't appreciate. He also threw his beer up when the first goal happened ( not 17s trick). Beer landed on these non supporter fans, one was a lady who was dressed way to nice to be in the supporters,beer also hit this guy in front of them- some cross fit dude. Turned around to the dude who threw the beer and said, " you're gonna get your ass kicked"

A person like that is not needed, but his friend was cool.

My point- after giving it time, huge differences in the atmosphere.
    The Viking clap has been uber terrible lately. I get going early than the 70th that it has been for the past two years. I seen girls drum during the chant , barely striking the drum1 with force. The pace has been stupid as well, either same amount of time between claps, or way too fast.

Last night, I thought the first 15ms the south was rocking, i sit 207 row 12 almost dead center, and was obviously chanting, most picked up the claps which was great.

After 15m, the supporters fizzled out hard, very noticeable.
    Even after the first goal they went quiet, where as the innebriatti would get louder after a goal conceded.

Tried to be as objective as possible.

Also will say the innebriatti, did give me a memorable moment in the finals, as well as dancing on the street after the cup win and even chanting and singing outside the tunnel to liberty.

I only hope somehow we can create a new group and have guidelines to keep them in check.
    Last edited by FootBallAZ; 09-02-2018 at 05:50 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think the the second leg vs Montreal was The Moment, it was unbelievable with the rain coming down, the electricity in the south end and those beautiful goals, oh what an evening. It showed the passion.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I still think the the second leg vs Montreal was The Moment, it was unbelievable with the rain coming down, the electricity in the south end and those beautiful goals, oh what an evening. It showed the passion.
    I broke my phone that game, that game I had an outter body experience. Like I felt my self float out of my body and just feeling it up from the sky, can't really explain.

Had my phone in back pocket, shittier seats, but everyone who paid was there, so made good friends and memories unlike, my 207 scalper ridden seats, with no one around.

When tfc scored the tying or go ahead goal I think after that weak goal we gave up, I jumped so high phone fell out and landed on the corner of the screen, cut my hand picking it up, didn't even phase me.

I would also say, the champions league run was fun, I know most say not even playing field spending wise. I believe this is what makes even more better, we played up to good talented teams, but that Morgan header I think close to the 90th minute I lost my shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    12 posts in a year
    Does the amount of posts that someone has made in a year suddenly invalidate their opinion? I am not a member of any supporter's group, but I like to keep tabs on the different supporter's group forums/facebook pages in case there is any additional information related to marches/away trips that I would want to be a part of.

The number of RPB members I see on this thread dismissing any kind of criticism regarding the supporter's section during the past few games really angers me. How do you ever plan on uniting the south end when you dismiss any criticism/feedback that is received from SSH in the same stand that you are trying to unite?

I know that I am going off on many tangents here, but as a younger fan I am really worried about the support in the future years. I took this picture of the supporter's section yesterday at the beginning of injury time in the second half that shows it being max half full at the time. Hopefully the supporter's groups can match the intensity and passion that Inebriatti brought each game because if they don't BMO may become as intimidating as Chicago is now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by currystain37 View Post
    Does the amount of posts that someone has made in a year suddenly invalidate their opinion? I am not a member of any supporter's group, but I like to keep tabs on the different supporter's group forums/facebook pages in case there is any additional information related to marches/away trips that I would want to be a part of.

The number of RPB members I see on this thread dismissing any kind of criticism regarding the supporter's section during the past few games really angers me. How do you ever plan on uniting the south end when you dismiss any criticism/feedback that is received from SSH in the same stand that you are trying to unite?

I know that I am going off on many tangents here, but as a younger fan I am really worried about the support in the future years. I took this picture of the supporter's section yesterday at the beginning of injury time in the second half that shows it being max half full at the time. Hopefully the supporter's groups can match the intensity and passion that Inebriatti brought each game because if they don't BMO may become as intimidating as Chicago is now.

Yeah. I think so. When you (not you, the original poster) dont have a proper understanding of the group dynamic (as evidenced by that post) and launch those type of generalizations and criticisms, it's hard to take seriously. Even more so when no one knows you on here.

To your points, thanks for caring. We all care too. I dont think you have a fulsome understanding about how impossible uniting was. Swing by Joe's anytime, or 112, and chat with us. We have our shortcomings, but trust me when I tell you , it wasn't for lack of trying by a lot of people in many groups, inebriatti members included.

Lastly, if you are worried about support, please join a group or start one. I can tell you for sure, if every group was as loud as the people making noise in the south end (even if it sounds dead to some), the stadium would be bonkers. Sadly, many people (not saying you) feel the noise should be left to the supporters. That type of attitude has to change. In other cities, everyone participates.

Also, in fairness, you took a picture in injury time after our season was essentially over. I never leave early but would not blame those who did when we needed 3 goals in 5 minutes to have a shot at the playoffs.
    Last edited by Red4ever; 09-03-2018 at 12:39 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Ok my first comment on the group.
    Being a STH for the past couple of seasons, I took the atmosphere for granted. The playoff run the last two seasons, and the champions league run was great fun with the chants.
    I took both my parents to a game this year, one was without them and one with, the experience is noticeable.

I managed to get $30 tickets to section 114 for the Canadian championship.
    - a lot of fair weather fans, a lot of parents and young kids, and a huge gap between both leaders.

We stood beside 4 guys from inebriatti, this one was pretty loud, he did sing over the dichio chant which I didn't appreciate. He also threw his beer up when the first goal happened ( not 17s trick). Beer landed on these non supporter fans, one was a lady who was dressed way to nice to be in the supporters,beer also hit this guy in front of them- some cross fit dude. Turned around to the dude who threw the beer and said, " you're gonna get your ass kicked"

A person like that is not needed, but his friend was cool.

My point- after giving it time, huge differences in the atmosphere.
    The Viking clap has been uber terrible lately. I get going early than the 70th that it has been for the past two years. I seen girls drum during the chant , barely striking the drum1 with force. The pace has been stupid as well, either same amount of time between claps, or way too fast.

Last night, I thought the first 15ms the south was rocking, i sit 207 row 12 almost dead center, and was obviously chanting, most picked up the claps which was great.

After 15m, the supporters fizzled out hard, very noticeable.
    Even after the first goal they went quiet, where as the innebriatti would get louder after a goal conceded.

Tried to be as objective as possible.

Also will say the innebriatti, did give me a memorable moment in the finals, as well as dancing on the street after the cup win and even chanting and singing outside the tunnel to liberty.

I only hope somehow we can create a new group and have guidelines to keep them in check.
    To be fair, the Canadian Championship is not representative of a typical game, particularly if you went to the game against Ottawa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once went to a Birmingham City game it was the league cup semi final vs west ham - entire stadium bumping. I once went to a Birmingham City fa Cup 3rd round game vs Sheffield. It was awful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    To be fair, the Canadian Championship is not representative of a typical game, particularly if you went to the game against Ottawa.
    that was the point I was trying to make.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by currystain37 View Post
    Yeah, it does. They've been lurking and not participating. Their only input into this thread is to shit on the group that is hosting it. I'd say it's bad faith. (I'm not a member either, I just like to participate in the discussions.)

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m getting a bit bored of everyone online complaining about a lack of atmosphere. If everyone who’s complaining actually came and got involved, it would be louder. The south end isn’t there for for the entertainment of everyone in the crowd. It’s there to help give the players something to play for. I may be speaking for myself here, but no one cares if someone in the east/west side isn’t enjoying the games as much due to “lack of atmosphere”. If people want a better atmosphere stop complaining behind a keyboard and be the change you crave for. That’s all there is to it. Nothing will change unless more people get involved. And if you have no interest in getting involved, then you don’t really have a right to complain. It’s that simple.

Just to to make it clear, this isn’t directed at anyone in this thread. I’m just fed up of people moaning on twitter mainly.

Thats all. Sorry. Had to put my thoughts in to words somewhere!
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnelred View Post
    I’m getting a bit bored of everyone online complaining about a lack of atmosphere. If everyone who’s complaining actually came and got involved, it would be louder.
    This is one of the few posts in thread that actually makes any sense. Thanks. 👍🏼

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread has run its course.

We can reopen the thread if any relevant info comes to light.

There are numerous threads with regards to continuously improving the South End if you'd like to contribute your constructive feedback.

Thank you,

The Mod Team