Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nico Hasler Appreciation

The guy has good technical skills and was a real find from the depths of the Swiss League.

He had some great moments. I remember a nifty looping header off a corner last year, off the cross bar and in.

He hustled. He created through grit and technique in traffic what almost became one of the biggest goals in our history, in Guadalajara. The video of him in tears after that game was affecting. (I hate this part of sports. He obviously loved it here.)

He can play in this league. Very best of luck to him every single time he is on the pitch (except against us), and I hope he gets a warm sendoff next Saturday night.

Every member of our championship team has a special place here, forever.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-21-2018 at 07:56 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The type of guy every championship team needs, his games played to trophies won ratio speaks for itself.
    Solid guy, part of a special team, sad when any of them move on. Long may you run Nico

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always a champion. I think he got to play in his real position maybe once as a sub. Embraced his time in Toronto and FC.

Fearful he may be replaced with Aketxe 2.0...certainly nothing better at Hasler's cap hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's give him a nice reception when we welcome him and Edwards back next Saturday. They both deserve it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll miss Hasler for what he provided on the field. How about the lung-bursting run to save our bacon & prevent a goal, was that in the last game?

He and his girlfriend really seemed to embrace Toronto. It was a huge move for him. As ensco said, it's a really crappy part of the business. I'll give him a proper good-bye in German on Instagram.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One one the few players who always showed hustle, so refreshing! Sad to see him go. Seems to me like a victim of circumstance, rather than someone who needed replacing.
    Last edited by Kamp Berg; 07-21-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with all the above. He was a player who was prepared to try and beat a man and make something happen. I'm certainly going to give him a big cheer next Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish him well. He always played well for the club and never complained no matter the role he was given. A good utility knife for any MLS side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nico was a key contributor last year for the championship run. He always gave 100% effort and added so much depth. Wish him luck in Chicago and for a long mls career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Nico...you were on off my faves. All hustle and heart and love for this city. Long may you run!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ill miss constantly bringing up the facts about Liechtenstein, one of my bright spots of the year. Lots of hustle and really enjoyed being here, shame that he had value.

Sorry to see him go
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck, Nico. I'm sure you'll have a bright future in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Ill miss constantly bringing up the facts about Liechtenstein, one of my bright spots of the year. Lots of hustle and really enjoyed being here, shame that he had value.

Sorry to see him go
    I always loved the feeling of dropping "he's the two-time Liechtenstein Footballer of the Year" on unsuspecting family members

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    I always loved the feeling of dropping "he's the two-time Liechtenstein Footballer of the Year" on unsuspecting family members
    I never understood why Hasler wasn’t starting more during the first part if this season. Vanney kept sending out Ricketts, and Chapman ahead of him. And, Delgado even when slumping, got the nod over Hasler. If used right, he will be a very good MLS player with Chicago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nico is an ideal MLS player - flexible utility, passionate, works hard and positive...loved him in a TFC kit - forever TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted this in another thread, but I think that it's relevant here to:

Not sure if this has been said already, but I think that this is about re-signing Osorio. He's earned it, and it's going to cost us a lot of cap space and Garber bucks.

I think Bez is just making the room that he needs to do it. One of the bigger pieces had to go and Halser was it.

I'm gutted because I loved what Hasler brought... maybe it should have been VDW or Auro instead though?

This is what Bez had to say about Osorio last week: https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/tor...nathan-osorio/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thing I want to say is that I'm pissed off. This guy is a killer. He's great at set pieces and headers and is going to be the future Alan Gordon of the league and will likely score against us because that's the type of a man that he is.

Why the fuck would you put that out there onto an eastern conference opponent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This kind of reminds me of Soolsma, the guy was not flashy but fooled everyone with his effective play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was our duct tape guy. He'll always be a Red.