Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly it's incredibly important to win this series.

get some confidence back into the squad.

been sorely lacking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Canada bottomed our a few years ago and are starting to bounce back. Give the few guys who are playing well in this league credit, even if there is still a long way to go.
    We bottomed out a few years ago? ...hmmm, i'll wait on this, been burnt with this team multiple times. Bottom line, our size, our resources, we have not produced nowhere near enough talent that we should/ can.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    With that mentality, competing for CCL and MLS Cup are mutually exclusive. Let's not even bother for CCL because we won't be able to compete in MLS. Ambitious. I like it.

The onus is on the club to figure their shit out re: managing players health. How is it that some players manage to play 60-70 games a season with a month off and ours fall apart?
    Let's start they travel significantly less over the course of the season, they get more than a month off, normally season ends in mid May and the player don't report back till mid July. If there is a tournament they get till August depending on where they finished in the tournament and who the player is. Most leagues have a winter break of two weeks. TFC had at best 2 1/2 months off over the last two years

Bottom line, if we want to compete in CCL and for the MLS Cup the following has to change: the rosters need to be deeper, salary cap has to go up, schedule needs to be shortened or amended.

On a side note I wonder what the MLS is going to do with the schedule in 2022 as it will be the middle of the World Cup when they normally host the MLS Final

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Let's start they travel significantly less over the course of the season, they get more than a month off, normally season ends in mid May and the player don't report back till mid July. If there is a tournament they get till August depending on where they finished in the tournament and who the player is. Most leagues have a winter break of two weeks. TFC had at best 2 1/2 months off over the last two years

Bottom line, if we want to compete in CCL and for the MLS Cup the following has to change: the rosters need to be deeper, salary cap has to go up, schedule needs to be shortened or amended.

On a side note I wonder what the MLS is going to do with the schedule in 2022 as it will be the middle of the World Cup when they normally host the MLS Final
    My guess is that it would be a compressed season with the finals just before November 21 (the start of the 2022 WC).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    We bottomed out a few years ago? ...hmmm, i'll wait on this, been burnt with this team multiple times. Bottom line, our size, our resources, we have not produced nowhere near enough talent that we should/ can.
    We were literally fielding mid 30’s JDG and a nearly 40 year old Dero. Strike force was Ricketts and Haber. Outside of Hutchinson it was awful.

Now you have options up top including Cavallini, Jackson-Hamell, and Larin. Midfield includes multiple guys playing well in MLS plus guys playing near the EPL level like Hoilett and Arfield who weren’t previously involved with the program. This is before adding on Davies and Millar that could have revolutionary impacts on the program. The defence stinks, but it’s a better total package.

Comparatively the team we were fielding 2-3 years ago looked like a liability to lose to Dominica.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-18-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    With that mentality, competing for CCL and MLS Cup are mutually exclusive. Let's not even bother for CCL because we won't be able to compete in MLS. Ambitious. I like it.

The onus is on the club to figure their shit out re: managing players health. How is it that some players manage to play 60-70 games a season with a month off and ours fall apart?
    Chasing after these trophies hard, this year, is like the classic 90’s leafs “playoff push”
    wiith trades at the deadline. Everybody knows you don’t quite have the pieces to win but you can always mortgage the future to give the fan base false hope.

Let’s not pretend we’re going to be competing for CCL this year if we start putting emphasis on this tournament. We need an evaluation of a healthy roster, first and foremost.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren’t we just trying to win every game?

I accept why we haven’t done well in the league this year, but going forward.... just win. Every game.

This conversation is about a false choice.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If people seriously think this team is not going to take the Voyageur's seriously, they havn't been listening to Bill Manning.

CCL involvement every year is a team priority. The only way in is the Voyageur's. Sure, rotate the squad tonight a bit. But this team is going to put all its guns in to win this thing, including bringing back guys early if need be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If people seriously think this team is not going to take the Voyageur's seriously, they havn't been listening to Bill Manning.

CCL involvement every year is a team priority. The only way in is the Voyageur's. Sure, rotate the squad tonight a bit. But this team is going to put all its guns in to win this thing, including bringing back guys early if need be.
    Good God PLEASE don't bring ANYONE back early for this game! Fucking hell all it'll take is a tweak and these guys will be out til next year again. Duck that.

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Good God PLEASE don't bring ANYONE back early for this game! Fucking hell all it'll take is a tweak and these guys will be out til next year again. Duck that.
    Cant see anyone coming back early, especially on turf (I think it’s turf). Jozy, VDW, Mavinga probably won’t be involved. Would be nice to see Bradley/Seba in the 18 tho
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Just so everyone knows the Semi-Finals will ONLY be streamed on canadasoccer.com and Yahoo Sports Canada

https://www.canadasoccer.com/2018-ca...canada-p161667
    Good heads up! We'll try to get a stream hookup on the big screens at Joe's tonight if anyone's comin by!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnelred View Post
    Cant see anyone coming back early, especially on turf (I think it’s turf). Jozy, VDW, Mavinga probably won’t be involved. Would be nice to see Bradley/Seba in the 18 tho
    I'm thinking more next week and if we get past Ottawa (I take nothing for granted this season), whomever we get in the next round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So where is this on the canadasoccer.com website? I don't see anything yet at this hour...
    Or will they put up a stream page somewhere on the site a few minutes before the match begins?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s on there now, but not so obvious. You have to scroll through the ‘messages’ around the middle of the screen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    So where is this on the canadasoccer.com website? I don't see anything yet at this hour...
    Or will they put up a stream page somewhere on the site a few minutes before the match begins?
    Here it is (or will be): https://www.canadasoccer.com/live-ca...nto-fc-p161674

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking more next week and if we get past Ottawa (I take nothing for granted this season), whomever we get in the next round.
    Yeah im feeling most of the injured party will be kept back for OTT/CHI at home. I just hope we don’t go full TFC2 in to this like last year.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnelred View Post
    Yeah im feeling most of the injured party will be kept back for OTT/CHI at home. I just hope we don’t go full TFC2 in to this like last year.
    I'm pretty sure the game last year got Chapman, Edwards and maybe Osorio benched for quite a while if I recall correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    I'm pretty sure the game last year got Chapman, Edwards and maybe Osorio benched for quite a while if I recall correctly.
    I just looked back at the scoreline and Edwards received two yellows (a red obviously) for dissent. The last one coming in the 92nd minute. From what I remember, those guys were barely playing after the game. That was during Oso's weak stretch last year where he was struggling for minutes, but turned it around during the MLS final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pathetic line-up that shows how hollow Vanney’s words are re: taking this seriously and trying to get back to CCL. This coaching staff can go fuck itself in my mind - I’m done with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its spin doctor vanney at it again..wonder how many players have tightness and cant play, the writing on is on the wall for ricketts..CYA.the good thing is that we have our USL combo at cb tonight zava/haggs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a problem with the lineup.

We should beat a lower level team with our backups, and if we cant then we don't deserve it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I don't have a problem with the lineup.

We should beat a lower level team with our backups, and if we cant then we don't deserve it.
    Yea. If this was Montreal I'd feel different, but it's Ottawa .. and we have another leg at home where we can play our starters (if we have to).

We need guys fresh for league play. I still haven't given up on the playoffs.
    Last edited by Lennon; 07-18-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not on tV !!! WTF is that all about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone else having issues with the stream? It's not working on either of my laptops, but it is working on my phone....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try different browser. Works for me on IE, didnčt work on Chrome.

btw the exact link https://www.canadasoccer.com/live-ca...onship_article

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is working in chrome and Chromecast. Not perfect but OK I guess.

They just skipped the national anthem in the TV coverage and went to their self advertising.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Try different browser. Works for me on IE, didnčt work on Chrome.

btw the exact link https://www.canadasoccer.com/live-ca...onship_article
    Wow that sucks. Not working on Chrome either for me. Was anybody able to find it on Yahoo Sports Canada? I was hoping it would work better there, but I can't find the stream.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man this sucks shit. I tried in different browsers: Firefox; IE. Now I can barely even access the whole Canada Soccer website. It's stuck on "TLS handshake." Obviously the whole site is overloaded, FML.

EDIT finally got back to the site, in IE: "No compatible source was found for this media."