Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    But who was the guy on the bench with the Scandinavian name?
    I think he was with Seattle 2, released, and then joined TFC 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    But who was the guy on the bench with the Scandinavian name?
    23 year old American CB signed with TFC2. Was with Seattle 2 last year.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Bjornethun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article with some fan videos of the flare incident
    http://dailyhive.com/toronto/toronto...ns-fire-ottawa

Was it the 'Football is Nothing Without Ultras!' group once again? Bunch of cosplayers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    23 year old American CB signed with TFC2. Was with Seattle 2 last year.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Bjornethun
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched most of this sorry game, which says more about me than it. (Caveat: I spent a lot of that time half watching and reading the all the crazy about the Kawhi/Demar trade.)

To mail it in and play a B lineup except for Osorio, and then get the winning goal from Osorio, is pretty much a perfect outcome.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-18-2018 at 10:01 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I watched most of this sorry game, which says more about me than it. (Caveat: I spent a lot of that time half watching and reading the all the crazy about the Kawhi/Demar trade.)

To mail it in and play a B lineup except for Osorio, and then get the winning goal from Osorio, is pretty much a perfect outcome.
    My thoughts exactly. Plus johnathon’s on fire!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Its crazy how switched on Osorio has been this season. In the past if he lined up for a shot outside the box it was for sure sailing way wide and high. if he had the ball in the box he would chop left then chop right then look for a pass. This year hes deadly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Clint had some fun for the first time in a while

Sadly that tweet is deleted now. What did it say, roughly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Sadly that tweet is deleted now. What did it say, roughly?
    Something like

Great win. Travelling supporters on (fire emoji)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the Ottawa Sun, this type of shit has to stop.
    VIOLENCE MARS CANADIAN CONTEST
    The first leg of the Canadian Championship semifinal between the Ottawa Fury FC and the Toronto FC Wednesday night was marred by a senseless act of violence late in the second half when a banner belonging to fans in field-level seats on the north side caught fire and some fans ran from the stadium.
    Pieces of the banner even wound up on the field and the turf suffered some damage before security was able to smother the flames.
    Fury FC officials said afterwards the disturbance in the 72nd minute was caused by Toronto FC supporters who had both flares and firecrackers, items prohibited from stadiums.
    Ottawa Police dispatched investigators after the game had ended and at least five officers were examining the section of seats where the fire ignited.
    Team officials said several fans were ejected and no one was injured.
    With smoke billowing about the field after several large blasts, apparently from the firecrackers, field officials finally stopped play for about five minutes before completing the game.
    The club also expects Canada Soccer to levy a fine on the franchise for not preventing the items from entering the stadium.
    The Fury released the following late Wednesday night:
    “There was an incident at TD Place this evening during the Canadian Championship semi-final match between Ottawa Fury FC and Toronto FC of the MLS. Members of the TFC supporters group smuggled a small quantity of fireworks into the stadium and ignited them during the second half of the match. The fireworks flared and boomed for a short time and were quickly extinguished by TD Place security. No fans were injured in the incident and the perpetrators were ejected from the building.
    “Upon seeing smoke and fire, which appeared to be more serious than they were, fans in other parts of the stadium notified Ottawa Police and Ottawa Fire that an incident had occurred and emergency services quickly responded. Upon arrival they confirmed the incident had been resolved and returned to their respective stations.
    “All members of the visiting supporters group had been subjected to bag checks and security scans prior to entering the stadium and no fireworks or other devices were detected. TFC has apologized for the behavior of the members of the supporters group responsible for igniting the fireworks. Ottawa Police have launched an investigation into the incident.
    “Public safety is of paramount importance and TD Place will review this incident and security policies to determine how they might be modified to prevent such incidents in the future.”

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking morons. I hope they figure out who brought it in and prosecute heavily.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://dailyhive.com/toronto/toronto...ns-fire-ottawa

This shows just how stupid it got and how dangerous it could have got.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope those jerks get the book thrown at them and would argue they should be banned from BMO Field as well.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idiots with flares are posers who make it all about them, not the team.

I'm really pleased with Osorio's form. He's really gone to another level.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I got no issue with flares..sure, if people around know what they are doing.

This wasn't just flares.

When it comes to explosions? I draw the line.

Do these people not know where the idea of shrapnel comes from?

When something explodes, stuff around it can get torn apart & fly out with deadly velocity. Shrapnel endangers everybody in the vicinity. It didn't in this case but idiots who do not know limitations do not know how close the line is.

These idiots endangered all our guys.

This goes beyond the pale.

I know the reason why other SSG's should not usually comment on the behaviour of other SSG's.

In this case, I don't know if I feel safe with such idiots at BMO.

This is no longer about a group making it about them (the whole "Without Ultras there is no football" schtick)

People around these guys (& I'm also really tired of the "It wasn't us routine") have graduated to seriously stupid stuff that endangers people at BMO. Their comes a time as an SSG when you have to police people around you & somebody is not doing that for what ever reason.

I put this behaviour right up there with the FHRITP idiots.

Ban anybody they think involved in this.

For life.

This was dangerous to themselves & others around them. Behaviour like this threatens all of us at BMO. It must be stopped. And if that means the organization that seems to be around when this happens gets sanctioned heavily, so be it.

I go to watch a football match, not be there when some dickweed lights something they have no clue how to control & stuff starts burning & exploding. You want to do that, go out to a family member's property in the country & become a column inch in the paper on Monday about how paramedics were called and somebody was pronounced dead on the scene.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's gonna be all over for them.

Play stupid games...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's a SSG? Seriously stupid guy?
    Yeah definitely dumb. But also probably 18 year olds. I even don't like it when we have the smoke go off at our field for more than 60 seconds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe some idiots brought some firecrackers and lit them off at the game. They should be banned for life from BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    I can't believe some idiots brought some firecrackers and lit them off at the game. They should be banned for life from BMO.
    I really wonder who it was, but because of incidents in the past, Inebriatti will get fingered, rightly or wrongly, and then they will have a protest and not show up, they really are a comical bunch.
    Yes I was quite negative during the game, but good to see Oso get the armband and the goal to win the match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those were no firecrackers. It sounded almost like a concussion grenade. Definitely shook the stadium.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I really wonder who it was, but because of incidents in the past, Inebriatti will get fingered, rightly or wrongly, and then they will have a protest and not show up, they really are a comical bunch.
    Yes I was quite negative during the game, but good to see Oso get the armband and the goal to win the match.
    The IB were the majority in the away section last night. They took over a section and had their banner up front, which caught fire and burned up. Now I completely understand why the Big O/Impact made it a requirement that all banners be fire retardant.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this is all a heavy does of IMHO but that's what we all do on the internet

If it was just firecrackers,wouldn't have a problem.

It wasn't

BMO is Our House. Not everybody supports the team in the same way so its a good idea to wait to make a comment that may involve another SSG until clear evidence of what amounts to reckless stupidity - we've now seen that.

No issues with flares when used by people who know what they are doing around them - getting your seat/TIFO burnt & throwing a flare on the field indicates you don't know what you are doing. I got serious issues with explosions. This wasn't a firecracker or some random firework. People indicated it rang eardrums around the stadium. Can't trust the people who have done this to be judicious in what they do in our stadium - what they do in Our House.

BMO is not just theirs. Our House includes the tourists & the staff & the players & the happy clappy & even freaking Tribal Rhythm with their gawd awful drums...yes even them. This is OUR House - together - in every section but the way top of the East where the away people are who are watching us in Our House.

The people who have done this have shown no prediliction to giving a shit about the safety of those around them in Our House - hell they don't' care about safety for themselves. If anything, the people who are doing this are escalating their behaviour in some bizarre attempt to show how hard core they are.

There are limits to acceptable behaviour, and the safety of people I bring to games, and the safety of staff and other people where I am - that is where I draw a line personally.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This could be a very serious problem, depending on match/referee report.

Concacaf could make us forfeit the game. Or they could make us play our next game in front of an empty stadium. Or both. UEFA regularly imposes sanctions like that.

Not saying anything will happen. Just that it is theoretically possible.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Now I completely understand why the Big O/Impact made it a requirement that all banners be fire retardant.
    Wonderful - you know what happens next then ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From https://www.thestar.com/sports/2018/...ury-match.html

Police are investigating the incident and it appears to be firecrackers. I know that I've seen written above and read elsewhere it could have also been a concussion grenade a flare that heated up and exploded a drum. Regardless, it was reckless and could have lead to some serious injuries.

The perpetrators were ejected from the game. Hopefully these 'fans' names were recorded and they will be banned.

Like OgtheDim says, we all want to enjoy watching a game and not have to worry about getting burned from an errant firecracker or flare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The Post article even brings up the incident in the Columbus a few weeks ago and a video of a march last year with flares. It seems we are pretty flare happy with this article!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's another video from a higher standpoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI9HoHN4wKY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the cowards who don't want to be associated with this, as they sneak off while the fire is being doused...

Yeah, that's a paddlin'.