Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 183
  1. #1
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,932
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Voyageurs Semi First Leg TFC @ Ottawa Wednesday July 18 7:30 Yet I will Try the Last

    Damn'd be He who first Cries "Hold Enough"

    ***************


    Have at It People

  2. #2
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Although TFC has been playing poorly in league play, this is a real chance for a win. 2-1 Toronto.

  3. #3
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,908
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Get this. This is my number one. Turnaround starts here.
    Nations League Canada vs USA Nov 15th!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  4. #4
    RPB 2019 Away Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    MTL... yuck
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What do people think about lineup? TFC2 based? Or a chance to try and get some first team players some confidence back?
    Last edited by Tunnelred; 07-15-2018 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Spellingz
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They need to give everything theyíve got for this series. Not doing so risks the tatters that are still left of this team.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Oakville / Sec 110
    Posts
    269
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tunnelred View Post
    What do people think about lineup? TFC2 based? Or a chance to try and get some first team players some confidence back?
    At least three starters need to be Canadians - so Osorio, Fraser, Hamilton?

  7. #7
    RPB 2019 Away Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    MTL... yuck
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    At least three starters need to be Canadians - so Osorio, Fraser, Hamilton?
    I feel he might sit Oso, and start Chapman instead. Oso has been arguably our best player this year, if anyone gets a rest, I think it’s him.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Play a full eleven, put this tie to bed in the first leg please

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Regarding Canadian content, I have followed Canadian soccer closely for years. Don't ask how long. Been a fan, will remain a fan ! BUT so frustrating with our National team, seems to me The more Canadians TFC play , the more they lose! I like Osorio, has skill,But players like Hamilton, Fraser, Ricketts, Telfer,Morgan ...Are they really good ENOUGH ? even for MLS? Has TFC ever had an above average MLS player that was Canadian?, (excluding Osorio )Hate to be 'that' guy BUT geez, so disappointing....Thank God for Alphonso Davies ( wish he played for us ) ....

    Dejan Jaković ! is still a starter for our National team, enough said....
    Last edited by azorean; 07-15-2018 at 03:03 PM.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fort York // Section 112
    Posts
    227
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Get this. This is my number one. Turnaround starts here.
    Please for the love of Cthulhu I hope you are right.

    Cam

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    Regarding Canadian content, I have followed Canadian soccer closely for years. Don't ask how long. Been a fan, will remain a fan ! BUT so frustrating with our National team, seems to me The more Canadians TFC play , the more they lose! I like Osorio, has skill,But players like Hamilton, Fraser, Ricketts, Telfer,Morgan ...Are they really good ENOUGH ? even for MLS? Has TFC ever had an above average MLS player that was Canadian?, (excluding Osorio )Hate to be 'that' guy BUT geez, so disappointing....Thank God for Alphonso Davies ( wish he played for us ) ....

    Dejan Jaković ! is still a starter for our National team, enough said....
    Not sure how closely you've followed if you don't remember De Ro

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Not sure how closely you've followed if you don't remember De Ro
    I remember De Ro well, good player, anyone else ?

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    I remember De Ro well, good player, anyone else ?
    Didn't seem to mention him in your rant on Canadian talent, or Edwards, Brennan, De Guzman, Will Johnson
    Last edited by portu; 07-15-2018 at 03:25 PM.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Didn't seem to mention him in your rant on Canadian talent
    was not a rant , just the facts, been with Canada since Peschisolido, Bunbury, ...who has emerged from TFC? I said above average...
    Last edited by azorean; 07-15-2018 at 03:27 PM.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    was not a rant , just the facts, been with Canada since Peschisolido, Bunbury, ...who has emerged from TFC?
    The questions of who has emerged from TFC and which Canadian players have been decent for TFC give entirely different answers

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    The questions of who has emerged from TFC and which Canadian players have been decent for TFC give entirely different answers
    Huh? I was just stating that TFC Canadian talent has lacked quality....You mentioned De Ro, good player, for us and country, anyone else?

  17. #17
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,908
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    Huh? I was just stating that TFC Canadian talent has lacked quality....You mentioned De Ro, good player, for us and country, anyone else?
    Ya. That's the point. you didn't mention.

    What did you want? MLS Canadians? we can do that.
    Nations League Canada vs USA Nov 15th!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Ya. That's the point. you didn't mention.

    What did you want? MLS Canadians? we can do that.
    Yeah, honestly, forgot about De Ro. Great Player. Club and Country. We have been around for 11 years now though. Any other Canadian that made a mark for club and country? all i'm asking.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    659
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Will Johnson

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mississauga / Sec. 111
    Posts
    1,396
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just so everyone knows the Semi-Finals will ONLY be streamed on canadasoccer.com and Yahoo Sports Canada

    https://www.canadasoccer.com/2018-ca...canada-p161667

  21. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Just so everyone knows the Semi-Finals will ONLY be streamed on canadasoccer.com and Yahoo Sports Canada

    https://www.canadasoccer.com/2018-ca...canada-p161667
    BS man can't even watch the semi final of our national championship on television... what casual soccer / sports fan is going to tune in on the internet. So much for TSN being home for soccer in Canada

  22. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Aidan Daniels and Rocco Romeo both training with the first team. Could see them against Ottawa.

    Bradley, Altidore, Mavinga, van der Wiel and Giovinco not playing in small sided game with rest of #TFCLive. Wonder if they’ll be in 18 against Ottawa? - Kloke

    This is a joke, right? If I see anything less than full strength against Ottawa tomorrow I will be livid. This is the only competition we still have a shot at and the only way we can book CCL. We even lost this match last year. Take it fucking seriously.

  23. #23
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Just so everyone knows the Semi-Finals will ONLY be streamed on canadasoccer.com and Yahoo Sports Canada

    https://www.canadasoccer.com/2018-ca...canada-p161667
    Thanks for the heads up. I guess this will be the first game since 2007 that I won't see in it's entirety unless there is a link to the full game somewhere afterwards. Oh well. It was a good streak while it lasted.

  24. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From here: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...-match-preview

    Projected Starting XI
    (4-4-2, right to left)
    GK: Clint Irwin — Nicolas Hasler, Julian Dunn, Nick Hagglund, Ashtone Morgan — Aidan Daniels, Jay Chapman, Liam Fraser, Ryan Telfer — Jordan Hamilton, Tosaint Ricketts

  25. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    From here: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...-match-preview

    Projected Starting XI
    (4-4-2, right to left)
    GK: Clint Irwin ó Nicolas Hasler, Julian Dunn, Nick Hagglund, Ashtone Morgan ó Aidan Daniels, Jay Chapman, Liam Fraser, Ryan Telfer ó Jordan Hamilton, Tosaint Ricketts
    Seriously they will get pounded and embarrassed with that lineup Iím sorry the majority of those players are fringe USL players and Iím not joking !

  26. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,135
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    I remember De Ro well, good player, anyone else ?
    Canada bottomed our a few years ago and are starting to bounce back. Give the few guys who are playing well in this league credit, even if there is still a long way to go.

  27. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,135
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    This is a joke, right? If I see anything less than full strength against Ottawa tomorrow I will be livid. This is the only competition we still have a shot at and the only way we can book CCL. We even lost this match last year. Take it fucking seriously.
    We keep saying this week to week. Iím not of the thought chasing this competition is wise.

    I want this club to be in the best position possible to compete next year, for everything. We keep grinding our players into a pulp and itís obsecuring what is a performance issue vs. what is just fatigue. Thatís the question that needs to be answered and it comes from guys getting rest.

    This tie should be an afterthought.

  28. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Seriously they will get pounded and embarrassed with that lineup Iím sorry the majority of those players are fringe USL players and Iím not joking !
    They lost 2-1 last year to the Fury in Ottawa, so given the way TFC have been playing this year, who knows what will happen this time around.

  29. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,610
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    We keep saying this week to week. Iím not of the thought chasing this competition is wise.

    I want this club to be in the best position possible to compete next year, for everything. We keep grinding our players into a pulp and itís obsecuring what is a performance issue vs. what is just fatigue. Thatís the question that needs to be answered and it comes from guys getting rest.

    This tie should be an afterthought.
    Agreed. I'm fine with that line up for this comp. If they get through then great. We'll get to deal with the whole CCL schedule shitshow next year too.

  30. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    We keep saying this week to week. I’m not of the thought chasing this competition is wise.

    I want this club to be in the best position possible to compete next year, for everything. We keep grinding our players into a pulp and it’s obsecuring what is a performance issue vs. what is just fatigue. That’s the question that needs to be answered and it comes from guys getting rest.

    This tie should be an afterthought.
    With that mentality, competing for CCL and MLS Cup are mutually exclusive. Let's not even bother for CCL because we won't be able to compete in MLS. Ambitious. I like it.

    The onus is on the club to figure their shit out re: managing players health. How is it that some players manage to play 60-70 games a season with a month off and ours fall apart?
    Last edited by portu; 07-17-2018 at 02:07 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •