Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Away game July 21st vs chicago

Are there any supporters going ? If so who would I contact for tickets . Possibility I may be in chi for.the weekend.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Email Louis Caruso at
    lcaruso@chicago-fire.com. He was able to set me up with a link where I could buy tickets in the away section for the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDMD View Post
    Email Louis Caruso at
    lcaruso@chicago-fire.com. He was able to set me up with a link where I could buy tickets in the away section for the game.
    He was very helpful last year when I went to the Chicago game.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed people are going. You can get in with members and more planning from tickets to meetups and heading to the stadium together and that kind of fun if you sign up also! http://redpatchboys.ca/membership/
    RPB has Obama'ed me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Meet up in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFizik View Post
    Indeed people are going. You can get in with members and more planning from tickets to meetups and heading to the stadium together and that kind of fun if you sign up also! http://redpatchboys.ca/membership/
    I am heading to Chicago this weekend. Is there any info on meet up spots prior to the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be there!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcrules View Post
    I am heading to Chicago this weekend. Is there any info on meet up spots prior to the game?
    Why not join the Red Patch Boys, you'd already have access to the members only section of the board where you'd already know what the plans are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm a season ticket holder making my first trip to an away game and I have to pay and become a member just to find out where the meet up spot is?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcrules View Post
    So I'm a season ticket holder making my first trip to an away game and I have to pay and become a member just to find out where the meet up spot is?
    No just saying that membership has its privileges. You'd already know.

Just a FYI, the board that you are using, as well as our banners and TIFOs are paid for by the $30 membership dues. If you want to support these things, membership is how you do it. It's a tiny cost compared to a road trip, about the cost of two BMO Field beers. :-)
    Last edited by ChrisFizik; 07-18-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    No just saying that membership has its privileges. You'd already know.

Just a FYI, the board that you are using, as well as our banners and TIFOs are paid for by the $30 membership dues. If you want to support these things, membership is how you do it. It's a tiny cost compared to a road trip, about the cost of two BMO Field beers. :-)
    Speaking of... I haven't paid membership sues since the first two season as I have rarely been downtown (Gave up my seasons when I moved to Cali). Where can I find the deets for paying online?
    Last edited by ChrisFizik; 07-18-2018 at 12:27 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    Speaking of... I haven't paid membership sues since the first two season as I have rarely been downtown (Gave up my seasons when I moved to Cali). Where can I find the deets for paying online?
    It's right here:

http://redpatchboys.ca/membership/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have fun, all you happy road warriors preparing to go to Chicago, members and non members alike. I was there twice, including the epic trip last year. Would love to go a third time and drag my brother with me. But my vacation schedule ended up getting wonky and I couldn't make the necessary preparations in time. Plus, my brother's leg was acting up on him in a big way and there was no guarantee he'd be ready in time.

Anybody making their first trip to the Windy City and need some help, well...

If you're planning on getting around the city by foot (which is the best way to go), then get yourself a 3 day CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) transit pass. They're worth $20US and can be bought at any "L" train station or any other designated retail locations. Those passes are so worth it as their buses and "L" train services are one of the best you'll ever use. They'll get you anywhere, and you don't have to wait long for something to pick you up.

If for some reason you can't get on one of the pub to pitch buses that'll take you straight to the game, then take the Orange Line "L" train directly to its end at Midway Airport. There'll be a Pace transit express bus that will take you directly to Toyota Park. Your CTA pass won't be good, so you'll have to pay $1.75 one way. There's a bus that leaves every 20 minutes to the stadium and all buses leave 30 minutes after the match. It usually takes roughly 20 minutes or so to get there.

Chicago is known for great food. And they have several dishes that our worth being considered its signature dish:

- Deep Dish Pizza: A Chicago creation. There are plenty of places that specialize in this pie like pizza, such as Pizzeria Uno, Lou Malnati's. But the best has to be Giordano's, with locations all over Chicago. Their crust is buttery and flakey and their cheeses, sauce, and toppings are plenty. You'll leave with a full stomach, guaranteed.

- Chicago Style Hot Dogs: Also called Depression Dogs or Through the Garden. These hot dogs have everything piled on. Tomatoes, pickles, relish, pepper spears, mustard, etc. What they won't put on is ketchup, which they keep in little packs and will you at you funny if you use them. Best place to get one is at the Weiner Circle, preferably late night on the weekends, where the staff will also serve you up a side of verbal abuse, all in good fun.

- Italian Beef Sandwiches: Thinly sliced roast beef soaking in its own juices and placed in an Italian roll. Sometimes with "hot" vegetables, or with just "sweet" green peppers. Al's Beef is well known for this.

- Maxwell Street Polish Sausage: An underrated dish IMHO. A grilled polish sausage place in a bun and toped with grilled onions, mustard, and a couple of pepper spears. Couldn't get enough of these.

- The White Palace Grill: A 24 hour diner found on the corner of Roosevelt and Canal just by taking the bust westward from Roosevelt Station. I saw it featured years ago on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. You can have breakfast, lunch, or dinner any time of the day. Last year, I went there on the day of the match and had chicken fried steak and eggs for breakfast.

- Garrett's Popcorn: On my first trip to Chicago, there was a Garrett's Popcorn Store right across from the hotel I was staying at. At first, I didn't think highly of it, believing it to be like Kernels. But I went in anyways, hoping for a free sample, which they provided. I tried their cheese corn thinking it to be like powdered cheddar. NOTHING LIKE IT! They used REAL cheddar cheese melted into a topping and drizzled in rolling copper drums they use to cover the popcorn. I walked out of the place with a bag of cheese corn for myself and kept buying one every day I was there. When I got home, I ordered some drums of popcorn to be delivered to my sister and brother. And when I returned last year, I kept on buying bags of cheese corn and left the city with two large bags to take home with me to share with friends in town, including my mother who insisted on keeping a bag for herself. Garrett's were the ones who created the Chicago Mix, which is equal parts savory cheese corn and sweet caramel corn.

OK, I'm getting hungry now just thinking about all this. Enjoy road warriors! T-F-C!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, my wife and I are here for the match. Is there a bus or pre- game get together or anything?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked up pub to pitch. It looks like there’s a number of buses that start at pubs for Fire fans. Is that safe for TFC supporters?
    https://www.chicago-fire.com/matchda...tch/buytickets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone, short notice but I have four tickets in Section 134, Row 19 that, unfortunately, I will not be able to use.

Anyone interested?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also taking the Pub to Pitch bus (from Fado pub). I've never taken it before but the Fire ticket rep said it is fine for visiting supporters.