RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Games TONIGHT - July 11 - Tonight

Montreal @ NYCFC 7pm - Is Montreal's revival real? In their 4 game streak (that's all it takes to go from being bad to good in MLS), they have two wins against Orlando, 1 against Colorado & a home win against a slumping SKC. This is their first real test. NYC should eat that defence alive.
    3-0 NYC

Philly @ Chicago 8:30pm Chicago really isn't all that good a team but they are better then a Union team who has spent so much money on forwards only for none of them to be able to score. Although the defences for these two teams are brittle, games like this tend to show the ineptitude. A poor crowd isn't going to help
    1-0 Chicago

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I am boycotting watching games at Yankee Stadium. That was supposed to be temporary. I have had enough.

The more I watch NYCFC, the more I feel their place in the standings is a function of knowing the angles in that absurd home playing pitch. It is the alltime unfair advantage.

I can’t stand it, that is not soccer.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-11-2018 at 06:22 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The more I watch NYCFC, the more I feel their place in the standings is a function of knowing the angles in that absurd home playing pitch. It is the alltime unfair advantage.
    If we think logically, this phrase must have a huge dose of truth!
    I have the same opinion for a very long time.

Every team, no matter how good or crap they are, have a terribly hard time playing on that garbage pitch, because it is so different from any normal footy field.
    Because familiarity, NYCFC have a huge unfair advantage using that field.

They must be crazy to not delay as many years as possible to build and play in a normal soccer-specific facility.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal loss is good for us. ALMOST got the draw in the other game but the Fire defence fell asleep in extra time after tying it in what should have been the last minute.