Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    i really don't follow this league other than tfc so i dont know if other teams have this many injuries

They don't - also we have had guys out for way longer then most teams deal with.

The bigger factor is most team's in this league have at least 3 MLS quality CB's. That way a team who suffers injuries to their top 2 CB's can make do until one of those 2 gets back.

We thought we had a decent #3 in Hagglund or Zavs or VDW. VDW has been injured while Zavs & Hagglund have regressed.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn that Snowbirds FC.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moor isn’t even MLS starting calibre anymore, him and Mavinga will not turn this team around. Injuries literally are just an excuse, last year our B-team could still dominate.

Bono seems to be clowning every game too. I don’t know how any professional team can switch off like TFC did on the first goal, on a free kick within 25 yards. That comes down to coaching and expectations. Forget the spill, Bono made a huge judgement error backing up to his goal line instead of attacking that ball in the air which was very catchable, at worse he could have made it harder to score being right in front of the guy. Giovinco can't hit the net anymore. Only positive this year is Osorio, the rest of the carry-over team and staff has regressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im just overall confused what is going on anymore....
    It seems like they don't want to be out on the field, Vanney looks defeated in his interviews.

Tough final stretch to the season...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Here's the fact. A team paying out 3x plus more in wages is at the bottom of the league after half season. Any other league in the world this would mean drastic changes. But for some reason with this situation it requires more patience. Is that acceptable? Isnt anyone accountable? If injuries then why isn't the training staff called out? Roster then then GM staff failed. Finally with team management then Vanney dropped it.

Fact is the MLS campaign is a complete disaster and no one has been held accountable. If they continue this downward spiral into ticket renewal season then those with financial interest will feel the effects.
    No matter how good your training staff is, no one can prevent injuries or a gruelling schedule. These are things that are beyond anyone’s control. Neither Bez nor Vannry or any of the coaching staff could control any of the factors that plague our team.

Our academy is also nowhere near as good as we think to offset the wages lost in injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Moor isn’t even MLS starting calibre anymore, him and Mavinga will not turn this team around. Injuries literally are just an excuse, last year our B-team could still dominate.

Bono seems to be clowning every game too. I don’t know how any professional team can switch off like TFC did on the first goal, on a free kick within 25 yards. That comes down to coaching and expectations. Forget the spill, Bono made a huge judgement error backing up to his goal line instead of attacking that ball in the air which was very catchable, at worse he could have made it harder to score being right in front of the guy. Giovinco can't hit the net anymore. Only positive this year is Osorio, the rest of the carry-over team and staff has regressed.
    He seems like he smoked a bit too much before every game. Contract extension has him lazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Hagglund
    Zavaleta
    Delgado
    Hamilton
    Tefler

That's 5 bench players - half the team - starting because of injuries. What do we expect? Bono has been lazy as hell since his contract extension.

I agree Vanney can't motivate but he's there for x's and o's...our Captain is there for the Titans style battle cries.
    Yup, agree completely. Look at those 5 players, versus who should be in their place, and there you have it. That's the difference. No amount of games ahead is going to change our ways, except better players. People keep expecting different results, with this same line up, and its not going to happen until we are fielding our starters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Their defence isn't any better than ours, if we can just get 1 I think more will follow
    Everyones defence is better than ours, because of injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got problems, lot's of them, BUT is it time to reevaluate our Canadian content as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People can say its not Vanney's fault, perhaps with some justification, but the truth is in any other league in the world a team goes on a losing streak like this, the manager is gone. Ask Mourinho or Rannieri. We should also keep in mind this is Vanneys first coaching job. Which begs the question, was last year genius or beginners luck?

Whatever happens he has to start taking some of the blame instead of constantly pointing to outside circumstances. He is the one who sets up the team to play and sends them onto the field of play. Some of the early goals has to reflect on his prep or lack of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    That really was our last chance tonight. A six-pointer if ever there was one, and with Montreal winning I’d say that’s our playoff hopes gone. It seems last season was a one off rather than the start of a dynasty it should be. What bothers me more than losing is the gutless, heartless way it has happened. At no point this season has this side looked to have the self belief necessary to be winnners. You can blame injuries, and to some extent you’d be right. However the number of early goals we’ve surrendered tells me the players are sent out both disorganized and lacking confidence, and I’m sorry but that’s down to the manager. Bez doesn’t skip blame either as both VDW and Aketxe has been a complete waste of cash. Even Auro is a pale shadow of Beta. For Vanney to say we don’t need new players just everyone fit tells me he’s lost touch with reality. We need a quality striker to challenge Séba and Jozy and act as replacement if either is injured. Hamilton and Ricketts just don’t cut it I’m aftraid. We also need a replacement for Moor as Hagglund and Zavaletta need an experienced head next to them and without one both make fundamental schoolboy errors

Agree with a lot of this, but we were a good team for a couple years, plus the champions league this year. Not dynasty, but far from a one off.

The first bold part I think is entirely on the players though, not the coach. That being that they are just not good enough, that's all. You can prepare them all you want, but they just do not have the talent, skill, technical ability, awareness or call it anything, but it's not up to this level. You can't make them what they're not, thats the problem.

These two you mention, man, they are dreadful. I have mentioned this for two years, that they don't know what they are doing, and voila! Even with a good partner, they may be less obvious, but they will make mistakes, sometimes subtle, and it will cost us goals at both ends of the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN80 View Post
    Agree with a lot of this, but we were a good team for a couple years, plus the champions league this year. Not dynasty, but far from a one off.

The first bold part I think is entirely on the players though, not the coach. That being that they are just not good enough, that's all. You can prepare them all you want, but they just do not have the talent, skill, technical ability, awareness or call it anything, but it's not up to this level. You can't make them what they're not, thats the problem.

These two you mention, man, they are dreadful. I have mentioned this for two years, that they don't know what they are doing, and voila! Even with a good partner, they may be less obvious, but they will make mistakes, sometimes subtle, and it will cost us goals at both ends of the field.
    Unfortunately it’s difficult to drop Hagglund right now since he’s quite possibly our best goal threat. I also think with the right partner he offers something due to his prowess in the air. However when it comes to playing the ball on the floor or his marking and positioning, I agree both players are dreadful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    ????
    which part.lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    which part.lol
    vdW didn't even play in the game, so ... just wondering why you mentioned him specifically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    No matter how good your training staff is, no one can prevent injuries or a gruelling schedule. These are things that are beyond anyone’s control. Neither Bez nor Vannry or any of the coaching staff could control any of the factors that plague our team.

Our academy is also nowhere near as good as we think to offset the wages lost in injuries.
    pretty much this! We had a very short off season after winning the MLS cup mid December, we were then back at in the CL mid-February, had a shit ton of travel and games very early on, which took it's toll on the roster with injuries! Our back up's have proved they are no-where near good enough, Hagglund and Zavaleta in particular cannot play together at the back

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team has been unable to create a starting defender either through the draft or the academy.

That's a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got back from Vacation and happened to be at this game with my son and 6 other TFC fans that I could see in the away section. It was pretty clear that the team misses Vasquez's playmaking as nobody else seems to be able to unlock the Orlando D. Hopefully the injury bug will be under control by August and they won't be too far out of the playoff race to make a run. But a CC win is a requirement.