Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you still think we have any chance of playoffs please give me what your smoking.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the current CB pairing we have are not as bad as some others we have had but the gulf between them and the rest of the league is the largest I've seen in all our years.

Mind you, Hagglund is a more effective attacker right now then Rickett's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Hagglund
    Zavaleta
    Delgado
    Hamilton
    Tefler

That's 5 bench players - half the team - starting because of injuries. What do we expect? Bono has been lazy as hell since his contract extension.

I agree Vanney can't motivate but he's there for x's and o's...our Captain is there for the Titans style battle cries.
    They're professionals, they're supposed to be motivated day in an day out. They're grown men, not manchildren.

Josh Kloeke of the Athletic did mention a few factors. Fatigue from overtraining, short off-season, and the gruelling schedule early on. Our academy products are nowhere near as good as we think they are. Telfer is a nice player, and the reason why Raheem is expendable. Liam Fraser is not. Hamilton has regressed and Spencer made Fellaini look dangerously quick and competent. While Bradley is a leader, he also have insanely high expectations and is hard to get along with. He's the bad cop that needs a good cop along side him as well, which is where Jozy comes in.

Maybe it was a mistake to re-sign Bono instead of selling him to Europe, but it says more about who Bono is rather than us.

The season is basically lost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season is over all that’s left is a bunch of exhibition games for the rest of the season exciting stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That really was our last chance tonight. A six-pointer if ever there was one, and with Montreal winning I’d say that’s our playoff hopes gone. It seems last season was a one off rather than the start of a dynasty it should be. What bothers me more than losing is the gutless, heartless way it has happened. At no point this season has this side looked to have the self belief necessary to be winnners. You can blame injuries, and to some extent you’d be right. However the number of early goals we’ve surrendered tells me the players are sent out both disorganized and lacking confidence, and I’m sorry but that’s down to the manager. Bez doesn’t skip blame either as both VDW and Aketxe has been a complete waste of cash. Even Auro is a pale shadow of Beta. For Vanney to say we don’t need new players just everyone fit tells me he’s lost touch with reality. We need a quality striker to challenge Séba and Jozy and act as replacement if either is injured. Hamilton and Ricketts just don’t cut it I’m aftraid. We also need a replacement for Moor as Hagglund and Zavaletta need an experienced head next to them and without one both make fundamental schoolboy errors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    There has to come a point when you say enough is enough. Vanney is the one responsible for setting up the side and sending them out organized and with confidence. At the very least he needs to start taking some responsibility for this mess. Instead we get the same story in the post match every week ”players were caught cold” “elementary errors put us in the hole”. I’ve not once heard him say he got it wrong himself. It’s always down to other factors.

Im really starting to wonder if he has lost the confidence of the dressing room. The players seem unable or unwilling to lift their game. At the very least Vanney doesn’t seem able to inspire them anymore at worst he has lost his ability to organize the side.

Perhaps you’re right that firing him is a step too far, but he can’t survive many gutless inept performances like this. No manager can.

I felt like this for 3 games now. Bradley been pushing. Yelled at telfer in his 2nd start and u could see telfer gesture to Bradley stay cool.

I think May be he has negatively impacted those who weren't around for the champions. Combine that with the humidity and the evilness that it to anyone out in that condition with the fact he couldn't score a gimmie goal.
    Think guys like telfer, ager a. Maybe it caused a rift with Vasquez sticking up for.him.
    A lot of odd shit going on.
    No info on vdw, auro, VV.I hope not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    That really was our last chance tonight. A six-pointer if ever there was one, and with Montreal winning I’d say that’s our playoff hopes gone. It seems last season was a one off rather than the start of a dynasty it should be. What bothers me more than losing is the gutless, heartless way it has happened. At no point this season has this side looked to have the self belief necessary to be winnners. You can blame injuries, and to some extent you’d be right. However the number of early goals we’ve surrendered tells me the players are sent out both disorganized and lacking confidence, and I’m sorry but that’s down to the manager. Bez doesn’t skip blame either as both VDW and Aketxe has been a complete waste of cash. Even Auro is a pale shadow of Beta. For Vanney to say we don’t need new players just everyone fit tells me he’s lost touch with reality. We need a quality striker to challenge Séba and Jozy and act as replacement if either is injured. Hamilton and Ricketts just don’t cut it I’m aftraid. We also need a replacement for Moor as Hagglund and Zavaletta need an experienced head next to them and without one both make fundamental schoolboy errors
    I don't agree with a lot of this but the one thing you have to give Bez over Vanney is the ability to admit fault and say it's not good enough plain and simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<ironic mode on>

Very proud of the boys' performance tonight.

After reading declarations from players, staff, journos, that this match is in fact a 6 point game in the fight to catch a (maybe the final) playoff spot, the team came out exactly as I expected. Motivated, concentrated, leaving it out there all on the field, from the first minute to the last!
    But we lost to an excellent Orlando team, just a little bit better tonight than us.

It's a nice feeling knowing that playing many more remaing games through this approach, we'll have zero problems being a solid playoff team by the end of the season.

<ironic mode off>
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 07-14-2018 at 09:36 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny thing about Delgado is people rag on him but he completed every single one of his passes (close to 60).

Does he find space in the attacking 3rd? No.

Can he score right now? No.

Does he make the decisive pass to spring a player? No.

But, without him, our attack falters because we don't move the ball around.

If we have our lock down tight defence of last season, we win that game. (The attack can't mentally cope with going down because they know they need more then 1 with that back line right now). This loss is all on the defence. Everything else...all the drama we think is going on...its all down to a couple of CB's who have seriously regressed & don't provide the support & information flow that most MLS teams CB's are giving their team.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-14-2018 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    <ironic mode on>

After reading declarations from players, staff, journos, that this match is in fact a 6 point game in the fight to catch a (maybe the final) playoff spot, the team came out exactly as I expected. Motivated, concentrated, leaving it out there all on the field, from the first minute to the last!
    But we lost to an excellent Orlande team, just a little bit better tonight than us.

It's a nice feeling knowing that playing many more remaing games through this approach, we'll have zero problem being a solid playoff team by the end of the season

<ironic mode off>
    This is too good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco was awful..lost the ball easily many times, shots almost all off and breakaway missed..Bono way off on positionning and reactions..Hamilton starting and Chapman, Fraser, Ricketts subbed on when down 2 shows how weak the squad is currently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont know what to say at this time, just disappointing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

big 6 pointer next week v chi....wonder if any of our boys made of glass will be able to play.and haggs is our best striker so far this year. ottawa are licking their chops...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I don't agree with a lot of this but the one thing you have to give Bez over Vanney is the ability to admit fault and say it's not good enough plain and simple.
    If he hasn't lost the locker room already, saying this in front of the press will lose it for sure. Bez can say it because he's the GM, he's not in the clubhouse day in and day out. Vanney couldn't, because as coach, the moment you yourself don't believe in the team, you have lost the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should have won the Champions League. Delgado missed an absolute sitter. Didn't even hit the target. That fucked with his head. He has played shit since. That's why people shit on him.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    We should have won the Champions League. Delgado missed an absolute sitter. Didn't even hit the target. That fucked with his head. He has played shit since. That's why people shit on him.
    You've pointed this out before, and I think you're right. Strangely enough, none of the Toronto beat soccer journalists seem to have picked this up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was another brutal game. Only bright point was seeing Jozy on the bench, so maybe he will be back soon. While the defence wasn't great, the lack any sense of urgency in the first half from the whole team was difficult to watch, and even in the second half when the team seemed to wake up, we seem to have lost almost any ability to finish (until it is too late, of course). I am happy to continue to support our Reds, but the games are increasingly unenjoyable to watch. It is not good football...obviously not compared to the world cup...but even compared to any reasonable measure of good football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did we ever figure out why Bradley was subbed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets hope vdw is sold or on a loan somewhere,what a farce of a off season by bez.he should be fired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did we ever figure out why Bradley was subbed?
    i wonder if his act is wearing thin with the other players

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said , unfortunately.......there seems to be a lot of fans accepting this as watchable and willing to wait for , how long ? And I’m waiting for those injuries to heal then all the support players miraculously picking up their game and crushing the opposition . With the parity in the league that is a huge call . We are simply being outplayed in every position right now . Minor changes won’t effect anything . Is it the players or the coach or mgr not hamstringed by the cap ? It is horrid football and I do not look forward to the games now , sad . But FACT ! As entertainment it fails . How does the hope return . With the same cast next year ?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

without Jozy, VDW, Mavinga, Moor and Vazquez this is what you get

with all starters this is by far the best team in mls
    without all starters it is close to the worst team in the mls

im starting to wonder if this injury stuff was done on purpose by tfc to try out the other guys to see what they have??
    there is just way too many injuries, do other teams have this many starters missing every game?
    was this done in the league to allow other cities teams to think that they have some hope??
    how do we know they are really injured?

just a theory,

i really don't follow this league other than tfc so i dont know if other teams have this many injuries

I paid a lot of money for two season tickets this year and this is what I get.
    I get to watch bench players as starters all year
    Last edited by stevep; 07-14-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Trade to LAFC for Kaye!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    without Jozy, VDW, Mavinga, Moor and Vazquez this is what you get

with all starters this is by far the best team in mls
    without all starters it is close to the worst team in the mls

im starting to wonder if this injury stuff was done on purpose by tfc to try out the other guys to see what they have??
    there is just way too many injuries, do other teams have this many starters missing every game?
    was this done in the league to allow other cities teams to think that they have some hope??
    how do we know they are really injured?

just a theory,

i really don't follow this league other than tfc so i dont know if other teams have this many injuries

I paid a lot of money for two season tickets this year and this is what I get.
    I get to watch bench players as starters all year
    To each his own I guess but I don’t get how people who have season tickets have no clue about other teams in this league? I don’t mean you have to sit down and even watch MLS games that don’t include TFC but at least be informed a bit about the other teams in the league and it’s not that hard to do in this day and age of technology . It’s more enjoyable I think anyways when you have a bit of an idea of the opposing teams TFC is playing, rather than just watch TFC and know hardly anything about the league and other teams and players , I don’t know maybe it’s just me I guess .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too, I've worked with people with his attitude usually pretty good workers but annoying and holier than thou

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    <ironic mode on>

But we lost to an excellent Orlando team, just a little bit better tonight than us.

It's a nice feeling knowing that playing many more remaing games through this approach, we'll have zero problems being a solid playoff team by the end of the season.

<ironic mode off>
    This is too good
    Whatever it is, its certainly not irony.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    Whatever it is, its certainly not irony.
    Off-topik did you change your username? Dont't recognize this one despite you beeing active.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the fact. A team paying out 3x plus more in wages is at the bottom of the league after half season. Any other league in the world this would mean drastic changes. But for some reason with this situation it requires more patience. Is that acceptable? Isnt anyone accountable? If injuries then why isn't the training staff called out? Roster then then GM staff failed. Finally with team management then Vanney dropped it.

Fact is the MLS campaign is a complete disaster and no one has been held accountable. If they continue this downward spiral into ticket renewal season then those with financial interest will feel the effects.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WE STARTED FROM THE TOP NOW WE’RE HERE...sounds like a good hook line for a new Drake song.

That game was comical. I know we have injuries but man. Giovinco gets paid how much and he can’t even hit the net with any shots. Defensive play is a joke right now. I just tune in for game days now. I don’t want to read the press out there these days on this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets hope vdw is sold or on a loan somewhere,what a farce of a off season by bez.he should be fired
    ????