Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    Analysis of TFC woeful defending last night: https://twitter.com/MattDoyle76/stat...68579223023618
    I don’t think Doyle has this play right.

I don’t think anyone should be automatically pressing Calvo there, when he gets the ball he already has time and space, pressing would make it worse. We are still OK.

Morrow jumps up because he thinks he can gamble, because Osorio has the man making the run. But Osorio is brutal on this play, just la-di-das it, gets totally beat.

It's giving up the ball in transition, then it's all on Osorio. Sorry Jonathan, we still love you.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-05-2018 at 11:57 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I don’t think Doyle has this play right.

I don’t think anyone should be automatically pressing Calvo there, when he gets the ball he already has time and space, pressing would make it worse. We are still OK.

Morrow jumps up because he thinks he can gamble, because Osorio has the man making the run. But Osorio is brutal on this play, just la-di-das it, gets totally beat.

It's giving up the ball in transition, then it's all on Osorio. Sorry Jonathan, we still love you.
    that's pretty deep for Osorio to be with a 5 man D. After tfc coughed it up, Osorio is to blame but Morgan should have notified him of the run or chase him down himself. There was no need for morrow to press up though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    In a salary cap league, an organization like MLSE has to find ways to judiciously spend money off the pitch.

Last year the story with Jozy was "we've finally got his hamstrings where they need to be." They spent a lot of thought on how to keep those hammys healthy. So they're no strangers to this way of thinking.

We've never had a winter/spring like this before, and obviously our medical/training staff wasn't ready, nor were the players. (Altidore's bone chips being the exception, everything else is muscle tears or ligament strains)

Similarly, we've never had to face the winter with live grass before, and the pitch was pretty terrible in March and April.

If we're going to be a dynasty, we have to fix the issues that lead to injuries, not jettison the players who many here are now describing as "injury prone." And that requires money and thought, and the money is where we're allowed to spend it.

In the meantime, just get healthy and play well from August on. Oh, and win the V Cup.
    Absolutely spot on post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    Analysis of TFC woeful defending last night: https://twitter.com/MattDoyle76/stat...68579223023618
    1. That’s terrible on Oso and Morrow

2. We seem to be mentally tired

3. Management appears to have thought that they were smarter than everyone else. But just like the salary cap, they are the same, and this year things evened out ie replacing our RB who almost dies for us for an extra 700,000

4. Teams have figured out that the way to beat us is to press our CB’s who are poor with the ball, or put it over the top because they are slow

5. Zavaleta and Hagglund are good players but not good enough alone together.

6. Due to 4 and 5 above we needed a hold up player (Hamilton) but the coach chose not to use him. Without a hold up player our weaknesses are exploited.

7. The team had no rest and as a result has had significant injuries

8. This team had no rest and is mentally tired

9. There have been way too many muscular injuries. In fact, the idea that Nelsen ( fresh out of the EPL) was an idiot about training resulting in injuries and the Vanney regime had it all figured out is nonsense. In fact, serious questions need to be asked about why there are so many muscular injuries.There was a management smokescreen about this that has blinded us as supporters.

9. We won MLS and were so close to winning the Champions league.

i love this club. TFC!  TFC  TFC 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with most of your points especially 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by MightDM View Post
    i love this club. TFC!  TFC  TFC 
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    6. Due to 4 and 5 above we needed a hold up player (Hamilton) but the coach chose not to use him. Without a hold up player our weaknesses are exploited.
    Am I misunderstanding what you're saying - Hamilton started, and got a goal.

I do agree we needed a hold-up player, Hamilton hasn't done a great job of this so far.

Hope he gets another start tonight to see if he can pick it up - feel he hasn't had the chance he deserved over the last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red-o View Post
    Agree with most of your points especially 10.

Am I misunderstanding what you're saying - Hamilton started, and got a goal.

I do agree we needed a hold-up player, Hamilton hasn't done a great job of this so far.

Hope he gets another start tonight to see if he can pick it up - feel he hasn't had the chance he deserved over the last year.
    my points were really about the season as a whole. With respect to Hamilton, Vanney wouldn’t play him and preferred to use VV as a forward. Tactically, that was an issue because it made it hard to release pressure if there was a high press without a hold up player.

For this game, I thought hamilton did ok. He is taking his chance.