Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides losing, I'm concerned about the hesitancy several of the players are showing with the ball. What happened to the crisp one touch passing?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goaltending, for the first time since Bonos first game, was the difference.

BTW, Seba after the game. Goes to the south. Grabs the badge. He's staying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    They showed it after the first replay. He goes for the ball with his hand and then Delgado shoves him - I imagine because he was going for the ball.
    It looked like he expected Robles to gather it and suddenly it was panic mode.

I thought absent the goal we played well today. There’s just no threat up front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are really missing Jozy up front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The summer window opens July 12 or somewhere roundabouts, right?

We need help, and lots of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Not our day
    Lmao seems like it’s not our day a lot this year

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news

Hamilton played better then Ricketts has. Headers into spaces where players were was so valuable. Keep starting him please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton played well and in the second half there was some nice play. First 20 minutes was terrible and the Red Bulls pressure earned a deserved goal based on balance of play, even though the goal was crap. Oso has reached another
    level and Chapman was very good when he came on.

The team needs us to stick with them. They are almost always taking two touches when they should take one, except for Marky. And his touches are going to opposition.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bunch of things about this team are REALLY pissing me off. I'll spare everyone the rant for now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley and Oso looked lively today, but every else was mediocre/poor. The mentality is not there, the team needs to sort this out ASAP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did the argo game last week cause the bradley fall on that goal scoring opportunity?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    did the argo game last week cause the bradley fall on that goal scoring opportunity?
    They missed a chance in the first half because of a similar divot. Not sure it was the Argos but that pitch, although better then what we had back in April, was not as good as it should have been.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's not forget the most consistent and key performer j osorio is 6 months away from a Bosman deal meaning another team can sign him for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Let's not forget the most consistent and key performer j osorio is 6 months away from a Bosman deal meaning another team can sign him for free.
    Actually I’m pretty sure he’s already eligible to sign a pre-contract

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right I didn't write clearly. Meant to say as you clarified that any other club can now sign osorio on a bosman pre contract. Which means no transfer fee for tfc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I would rather him not at this point. He’s showing absolutely nothing right now and being a real shitty teammate. I absolutely love him for what he’s done here, but it would be a huge mistake to give him a new contract based on what he did. Time to move on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Early goals against are killing us, seems we are always playing from behind this year.
    on the plus side the effort was there, playing a top team in that heat the guys deserved a share of the points, not a bad bounce back game after the nycfc snafu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wynne View Post
    I would rather him not at this point. He’s showing absolutely nothing right now and being a real shitty teammate. I absolutely love him for what he’s done here, but it would be a huge mistake to give him a new contract based on what he did. Time to move on
    This

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The heat played a factor for sure. A few times just a bit of ball watching. But as someone had mentioned a few post above. Our passes are as crisp anymore, which I felt is a big factor of us not being a threat up front when attacking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When will be stop making excuses.

You can maybe excuse the lack of goals due to injury... though in years pass that wasn't an issue. The boys found away without Jozy. However yet again. A team with the ability to press walked in scored in under 10 minutes because.... the team came out without being mentally prepared to play.

Why? Why is it that this team is a B team every game for the first 10 minutes or so?

Why is it teams with a strong attack can break apart the team so easily?

This is what cost the team the Champions League and it has been a consistent issue since February. This is on the mentality of the team. The Coach has either lost the team or he is responsible. There is a cancer in the locker room it needs to be found and removed.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Goaltending, for the first time since Bonos first game, was the difference.

I thought he tapped his chest as if to say my fault.
    That's all I'll say about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one play that was bugging me was the run up the left by Hamilton in the 2nd half. We have numbers forward and looking to build, but he does this weak ass pass that get intercepted and it goes nowhere. That and Marky deciding late to run for the ball in the 1st half (up the right). Was funny if not a little sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    I thought he tapped his chest as if to say my fault.
    That's how I read it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be. I was up on the east side....he kept pointing to his chest but pulled where the badge was. Regradless, he's communicating to the fans & that's a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    When will be stop making excuses.

You can maybe excuse the lack of goals due to injury... though in years pass that wasn't an issue. The boys found away without Jozy. However yet again. A team with the ability to press walked in scored in under 10 minutes because.... the team came out without being mentally prepared to play.

Why? Why is it that this team is a B team every game for the first 10 minutes or so?

Why is it teams with a strong attack can break apart the team so easily?

This is what cost the team the Champions League and it has been a consistent issue since February. This is on the mentality of the team. The Coach has either lost the team or he is responsible. There is a cancer in the locker room it needs to be found and removed.
    That's easy, no Mavinga, or Moor. Simple as that. This would have happened last year in our championship year, if we were using Zavaleta, Hagglund, Hernadez, and whoever else we put back there at times(Bradley). Show me a team that would do this minus their best defenders. Oh yeah, and our best scorer, so there's the offence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN80 View Post
    That's easy, no Mavinga, or Moor. Simple as that. This would have happened last year in our championship year, if we were using Zavaleta, Hagglund, Hernadez, and whoever else we put back there at times(Bradley). Show me a team that would do this minus their best defenders. Oh yeah, and our best scorer, so there's the offence.
    Why did it only happen once then.. in the first 5 minutes?

Toronto has allowed a goal in the first 5 minutes 4 times this season in 21 games. Not including the number of times we have had near misses in the same time frame.

Isn't this supposed to be the deepest team in MLS history. Didn't Vanney brag about how deep the team was when they were winning?

Add in the 7 games where the team has allowed 1 or more goals in the first 21 minutes that is 1/3 of all played games this season. Again not including games where there were near misses and the team was able to weather the storm. In the 6 games where Toronto has allowed a goal before the 20 minute mark they have lost 5 and tied 1. (The game against America, TFC won after America struck first at 21 minutes)

1 out of 3 games Toronto has allowed early goals. You'd think a good coach would notice that and be working on discipline in the early game and work on ways to deal with that pressure. Rather than like some fans just shrug shoulders and blame injuries rather than poor preparation. It isn't the defenders alone making mistakes. The Boys can't keep possession. Teams rush them and they fold.

Last year if that happened it didn't bother them they still worked hard and got the goals. This year they are defeated. They seems to wake up after the first goal and stop allowing more. If it was all Zavaleta, Hagglund, Hernandez or who ever else is the scapegoat of the week there would be more goals in these games. Instead the team wakes up.

TFC has also allowed multiple goals within 10 minutes 6 times this season. (well 1 isn't fair because half time was in between but that falls into the team being asleep when the get on the pitch as goals early in the 2nd half have occurred a fair bit too)

In all 13 of our 30 MLS goals against have come either in the first 20 minutes of play, the first 5 minutes of the second half or were a second goals within 10 minutes of a previous one. Basically 43% of the MLS goals shouldn't have happened and are occurring because they are not prepared.

This is not a new issue. This Happened last year too. 6 games last season TFC allowed goals in the first 20 minutes. A total of 7 goals in the first 20 minutes. 1 of which was a second goal in 5 minutes. Add in 2 goals scored in the first 5 minutes of the second half and 2 more goals that were second goals within 10 minutes of a previous goal that is 11 of 37 goals that occurred due to not being sharp.

Last year though we scored a lot. This year not so much. The more this team feels like losers the more they play like losers.

That is because for 2 years they have been asleep in the first 20 minutes on the pitch. Teams are taking advantage of that now and defensive upgrades for other teams and less confident play by TFC means TFC is likely not going to make the playoffs. At least not unless something drastic changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes injuries are killing us.
    in the last home game Zavaleta was totally stripped of the ball which resulted in a goal, he was booed off the field and was subbed at halftime, he almost did the exact same thing in Sunday's match, his passes had barely made it to there intended recipient and when he did make a longer pass the ball went out of bounds.

Apathy has set in, the team feels like they are losers, Vanney has to stop with the excuses

Why are TFC not functioning as a unit anymore.

Just frustrating, TFC are better than this, are they trying to get Vanney fired, I ask?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Hamilton played well and in the second half there was some nice play. First 20 minutes was terrible and the Red Bulls pressure earned a deserved goal based on balance of play, even though the goal was crap. Oso has reached another
    level and Chapman was very good when he came on.

The team needs us to stick with them. They are almost always taking two touches when they should take one, except for Marky. And his touches are going to opposition.
    besides the giant muck up, hamilton was decent and deserves more games. he is better than rickets as a starter, hands down