Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    when Marky delgado comes on this year. we give up leads and lose games. every time he comes on late in a game we lose.
    i was glad when aketche came off because he did nothing all game. someone said his giveaway lead to the first goal.
    but then i was worried because the sub was marky

so now we have two weaknesses obvious glaring weaknesses. one midfield spot and centre back
    aketche is a very bad player, the great bez blew it on that one

I agree 100% with your view on Delgado. He is way too inconsistent. The majority of the time he passes he doesn't actually look he just plays the ball where he thinks someone might be. When they brought on Zavleta at the half I said oh shit. He cannot play alongside Hagglund. The 2 of them for whatever reason are horrible when lined up with each other.

The overall effort in that second half was pathetic. For fuck sakes boys if we are going to lose can we at least go down fighting.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    At what point do we stop treating this club like it’s 2015 though? Are we just never going to make coaching changes now?
    I realize that the first tendency is to blame the coach, and some people have never bought into Vanney despite winning the MLS Cup, but you don't fire a coach the year after winning everything, even if you get a rebound year.

Leicester made the mistake of firing their coach the following year and it hurt, not helped.

I actually think that team construction is the issue. We have too many fragile players, and some of them are looking worse as they age. We've put all our money on a few players rather than a better balanced squad. I realize that the MLS salary system tends towards this, but other teams have managed it better than TFC at lower cost.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-25-2018 at 05:05 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, apparently the Auro sub was not tactical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I can’t get upset. I just won’t do it.

They are a championship team with an unsettled lineup that is really struggling. Morrow, boy, I think he's hurt again.

They need to do some tinkering (I am beginning to think Ricketts may have to be upgraded - I love the guy but strikers have to strike...)

Still. I believe.
    this team will go undefeated the rest of the way when Jozy and Mavinga come back.....

Not much else to say about the game.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    this team will go undefeated the rest of the way when Jozy and Mavinga come back.....

Not much else to say about the game.....
    I'd be extremely concerned when Jozy comes back from injury and TFC keeps misfiring. Jozy, not Giovinco is the key to TFC attack.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I'd be extremely concerned when Jozy comes back from injury and TFC keeps misfiring. Jozy, not Giovinco is the key to TFC attack.
    Also the key to us transitioning the ball out of the back. Right now we have no outlet man.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a positive note

Bono had a great game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    At what point do we stop treating this club like it’s 2015 though? Are we just never going to make coaching changes now?
    Unless the new coach has magical healing powers I doubt it will make much of a difference.

I’m surprised this is some people’s primary point of contention. What about spending two million dollars on several marquee players in the offseason and having their contributions be less than a cheap punt on a Brazilian RWB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Also the key to us transitioning the ball out of the back. Right now we have no outlet man.
    We’ve always been better with Jozy on the field but his absence hasn’t always been so problematic. Ironically two midfielders are our leading scorers on the year, which says a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is VV so gassed every game around the 70th

He really should be more fit than that, its not like he sprints up and down the field.

anywho, hes not he problem

1)Zav and Hag cannot play together, NEVER.
    2)giovinco needs a kick in the mid-season ass
    3) delgado needs to start one game, if he stinks, bench him and play chapman. Hes still excellent trade value. Get us a striker.
    4) this game could have used Telfer as a sub.
    5) Rickets is done, might as well put Hamilton up front. Worst case Hamilton learns something,
    6) Aketxe, send him to TFC2 or get rid of him, He is wasting bench space
    7) Morrow isnt 90 minute ready, we need morgan back!
    8) I think Mavinga is still our biggest imapct player, followed by Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall impression....we had no hunger to win in the second half from many players. I am starting to think for the first time our issues might not just be the injuries. Bradley having to run forward out of DM a number of times to try to get the ball in the second half because our forwards couldn't bother to try to put pressure on their defense was pathetic to watch. Also, sick of Giovinco not getting the ball then immediately starting to walk away from the ball/play when he still has a chance to create a turnover to get the ball back. This happened immediately before they scored one of their goals when the play started in their end. Not sure what else to say. Another game we should/could have got 3 points from.
    Last edited by Joe Kool; 06-25-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed 100%.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Overall impression....we had no hunger to win in the second half from many players. I am starting to think for the first time our issues might not just be the injuries. Bradley having to run forward out of DM a number of times to try to get the ball in the second half because our forwards couldn't bother to try to put pressure on their defense was pathetic to watch. Also, sick of Giovinco not getting the ball then immediately starting to walk away from the ball/play when he still has a chance to create a turnover to get the ball back. This happened immediately before they scored one of their goals when the play started in their end. Not sure what else to say. Another game we should/could have got 3 points from.
    I somewhat agree with this. NYCFC is pretty much unplayable at home this season in league play. They are 7 wins, 1 draw and 0 losses so far. And that postage stamp size 'pitch' really disrupted TFC rhythm, esp on the flanks. But when Villa went out, I think TFC could have done more to capitalize.

I guess simply put, NYCFC is playing like 2nd best team in Eastern Conference, avg almost 2 pts per game.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...t-more-week-17

edit: some interesting words from Matt Doyle
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I realize that the first tendency is to blame the coach, and some people have never bought into Vanney despite winning the MLS Cup, but you don't fire a coach the year after winning everything, even if you get a rebound year.

Leicester made the mistake of firing their coach the following year and it hurt, not helped.

I actually think that team construction is the issue. We have too many fragile players, and some of them are looking worse as they age. We've put all our money on a few players rather than a better balanced squad. I realize that the MLS salary system tends towards this, but other teams have managed it better than TFC at lower cost.
    Even though I think Vanney is really over rated and is directly responsible for the poor play we have seen this year and even the injuries (from bad or over training). Even I think that sadly he get the season. replacing him mid season may help but long term would be bad you need the right coach to replace him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I somewhat agree with this. NYCFC is pretty much unplayable at home this season in league play. They are 7 wins, 1 draw and 0 losses so far. And that postage stamp size 'pitch' really disrupted TFC rhythm, esp on the flanks. But when Villa went out, I think TFC could have done more to capitalize.

I guess simply put, NYCFC is playing like 2nd best team in Eastern Conference, avg almost 2 pts per game.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...t-more-week-17

edit: some interesting words from Matt Doyle
    Matt Doyle is seeing what I am seeing so good, not just me. NYCFC always has the advantage in that stupid field and they will not be on a level playing surface with the rest of the league until they get a proper pitch but that is a point that is debated every time we play them there. The issue with this was not NYCFC because they looked just as beatable as every other time we played them even with our injury depleted team. The issue here was all TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Unless the new coach has magical healing powers I doubt it will make much of a difference.

I’m surprised this is some people’s primary point of contention. What about spending two million dollars on several marquee players in the offseason and having their contributions be less than a cheap punt on a Brazilian RWB?
    The only flop signing is Aketxe, VdW have proven himself to be quality. What more can you do when your entire backline got injured at one point and we had to put together Bradley-VdW as our center halves? Even Man City and Barcelona would struggle for answers.

Vanney has proven himself to be competent at maximizing the potential of a roster. He knows how to build a culture and prepares them. The few problems I do have with him (over reliance on target men at CF) other coaches have similar weak spots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, apparently the Auro sub was not tactical.
    Care to elaborate? Did something happen in the locker room at halftime that caused the second half performance? because from what I watched, two or three times after the ball was coughed up in their end, the whole attacking group's body language, just, slumped.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All from this tweet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    The only flop signing is Aketxe, VdW have proven himself to be quality. What more can you do when your entire backline got injured at one point and we had to put together Bradley-VdW as our center halves? Even Man City and Barcelona would struggle for answers.
    I don’t have an issue with VDW as a player but his utility to our team as a RB is less than other positions on the field where we are currently struggling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone noticed the lack of leadership and drive from Bradley as of late, it really affects the whole team, The entire team itself seems to be playing with a huge degree of apathy and drive.
    That is my concern, like the season has been lost already. Totally agree with Altidore missing our attack is inept.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All from this tweet

I really wish people would put the tweet words into the post directly, some of us have web blockers in place that kill twitter...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    I really wish people would put the tweet words into the post directly, some of us have web blockers in place that kill twitter...
    This was it "No word on what the issue or was or how serious, but sounds like the Auro sub was forced, not tactical. #TFCLive"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Joe

Og, no disrespect intended, just about everyone does it. But it sends me to my phone every time...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point - I copy those a lot on here, I admit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if Auro doesn't show up at practice, I guess we can assume he suffered some sort of injury?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Well, if Auro doesn't show up at practice, I guess we can assume he suffered some sort of injury?
    The guy is a hideous defender. I'm sorry, but he can't man mark for shit and I've never seen him make a tackle without help.

He's a decent winger, probably starting quality on most teams, but not his one.

Neither Hagglund nor Zavaleta is consistent enough to be playing without an experienced center back to guide them.

Bradley's play continues to decline. His work rate is good but he's trying to cover too much ground to make up for others lagging.

Our defensive effort was pathetic on the weekend.

I suspect there are personality issues at this point, but they may all just be worn down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I can’t get upset. I just won’t do it.

They are a championship team with an unsettled lineup that is really struggling. Morrow, boy, I think he's hurt again.

They need to do some tinkering (I am beginning to think Ricketts may have to be upgraded - I love the guy but strikers have to strike...)

Still. I believe.
    I agree. But they look totally exhausted

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Well it's a site feature and it's being used. You can ask every time if you like but it's on you.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that's helpful. Invisible content as a feature.