Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    They must have amazing seating then because I enjoy sitting in the up tiers minus the north and south ends of the west stands. I almost exclusively buy seats up there now.
    The seats at THF are all the fold-down proper seats. Whereas at BMO those seats are only in the lower east and west stands and the upper levels are the cheaper plastic seats - same as the south end.

The view is fine. Just need to have the seats upgraded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not entirely true; east side from 206 to 209 also have the fold down seats.

I'm in 205 and I actually prefer the fixed seat. I find it's a little more spacious than the fold down ones in 206. YMMV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    That's not entirely true; east side from 206 to 209 also have the fold down seats.

I'm in 205 and I actually prefer the fixed seat. I find it's a little more spacious than the fold down ones in 206. YMMV.
    I prefer no seat - standing room only!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post

I'm in 205 and my seat is a fold down one (row 3)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fold down in 224 as well.
    Road Games: ‘16-PHL,MTL,MTL(ECF); ‘17-CLB,ORL,NYC,DCU,CHI,MTL;
    ‘18-MTL,NER,OTT,ATL,MTL; ‘19-MTL; ‘22-MTL​;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's already been posted and I missed it, but couldn't Skydome be an obvious if BMO just can't support? It's 45K+ ready as is. Throw down some grass as you would in MTL and VAN.

Also, has the idea been raised of a brand new stadium, which upon games completion, would be the new ballpark for the Blue Jays after a little readjusting of the seats? Atlanta got 20 years out of their stadium post Olympics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Maybe it's already been posted and I missed it, but couldn't Skydome be an obvious if BMO just can't support? It's 45K+ ready as is. Throw down some grass as you would in MTL and VAN.

Also, has the idea been raised of a brand new stadium, which upon games completion, would be the new ballpark for the Blue Jays after a little readjusting of the seats? Atlanta got 20 years out of their stadium post Olympics.
    for all intents and purposes it's an impossibility for this tournament. The list of requirements and standards FifA has for world cup stadiums is insanely specific and not very adaptable. They would have to remodel the stadium to do it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the road to Russia has been inspiring in that there is all but one stadium that will be "repurposed" but only for footy. All those amazing builds will be shrunk a bit for local sides.

On the flip side- almost every stadium in 2 out of the 3 United bid countries have multi purpose aspects already. Shame.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a side note, BMO Field currently would be the tied with the 14th largest stadium in the EPL at 45K it would be the 8th largest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the Japan Senegal game this stadium from the inside looks like what BMO Field could look like if a proper expansion is done by enclosing the open areas where there are no stands now, kind of has that BMO Field look about it from the inside.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to see them do a number on the south and and connect the corner between 112 and 111. Then build up a second deck, or conversely, make it one big level. maybe then the roof could be proper and connected .

It would also give them an excuse to move people around to solve the supporter disconnect.

It's nice we keep getting the chance at upgrades.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw something online that is pretty interesting- FIFA has a format problem. There is pretty much no way of organizing 3 team groups that won’t create huge potential for “El Anschluss” problems...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ld-cup-algeria
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgrace_of_Gij%C3%B3n
    Last edited by ensco; 06-26-2018 at 07:17 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bit of a side topic:

Has the CSA made any announcement about the sort of commitments they are making to improve the budget, coaching staff, player quality, etc., of the team so as not to be completely embarrassed on home soil? Getting BMO up to 45k seats is great and all, but it could just mean more Canadian fans have the chance to see their country get smoked 6-1 like Panama did the other day.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    A bit of a side topic:

Has the CSA made any announcement about the sort of commitments they are making to improve the budget, coaching staff, player quality, etc., of the team so as not to be completely embarrassed on home soil? Getting BMO up to 45k seats is great and all, but it could just mean more Canadian fans have the chance to see their country get smoked 6-1 like Panama did the other day.
    My son told me the other day he will be old enough to play for Canada by then so they will be fine. LOL

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alphonso Davies & hope

Sooner he gets out of Vancouver, the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    A bit of a side topic:

great point! CSA needs to make an "Own The Podium" soccer style commitment.....plenty of time to do this.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got interested in why so many great players come from Paris (it's amazing, Parisians are the core of about 10 African teams, plus of course France). I thought there might be a lesson for Canada in that. We need the 2026 tournament to be a catalyst for something. Toronto has banlieus too, after all. We are producing basketball players like crazy.

But after doing some reading.. I don't know. It's probably too late for us for 2026. Also we are just too wealthy a society.

One thing that really got my attention: there is a documentary on Netflix, Concrete Football, that is a must watch for anyone who wants to understand the reality of large swaths of youth soccer in Europe.

In North America, we are hung up on youth sports defined a certain way. In the rest of the world, the whole idea of youth soccer is different. Think shinny or road hockey 40 years ago, but on a whole other level...

https://www.fastcompany.com/40469632...football-scene
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I got interested in why so many great players come from Paris (it's amazing, Parisians are the core of about 10 African teams, plus of course France). I thought there might be a lesson for Canada in that. We need the 2026 tournament to be a catalyst for something. Toronto has banlieus too, after all. We are producing basketball players like crazy.

But after doing some reading.. I don't know. It's probably too late for us for 2026. Also we are just too wealthy a society.

One thing that really got my attention: there is a documentary on Netflix, Concrete Football, that is a must watch for anyone who wants to understand the reality of large swaths of youth soccer in Europe.

In North America, we are hung up on youth sports defined a certain way. In the rest of the world, the whole idea of youth soccer is different. Think shinny or road hockey 40 years ago, but on a whole other level...

https://www.fastcompany.com/40469632...football-scene
    Yeah a lot of the greatest Brazilian players ever came out of the slums playing street football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canada's approach to sports in a nutshell