Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    He got burned on Wednesday because he's still recovering. I'll cut him some slack.

But people are absolutely correct, Mavinga and Moor are the real losses. (I am remembering how much y'all were shitting all over Moor last season, and now you see directly what his absence leads to)

... Mavinga is my favourite defender, pretty close to my favourite player on the team to be honest.
    I agree. Might be my next kit if I ever buy the new one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Have we ever gotten a result down 3 before?

They clawed their way out of a very deep hole. Twice.
    NYC away in ... 2015 I think it was? Giovinco with the hat trick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN80 View Post
    Yup, was almost getting used to Morgan down the left, then Telfer, and VDW as well. They all did great, and played a part, but man, when Morrow came on last game, he really changed everything, and I could clearly see how important he is for us. That's the difference between a decent/average team, and a championship one.
    ^ Couldn’t agree more.

I’m hoping with some regular time and less injuries, VDV becomes as good on the right as Morrow does on the left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    VDV needs to get to the RB role, as soon as possible. Auro is a good player and has been much better than expected but the lax defending on occasion is really costing us. If VDW plays as well on that side as Morrow does on the left we will be a lot closer to sorting things out.

Edit: top of the shopping list right now should be a new CB. Healthy, solid, and leadership material. Other areas we may well sort out with guys coming off the injury list... CB not so confident.
    Agreed. VDW has a natural tendency to stay back and make sure we are not exposed on the counter-attack, whereas Auro has a tendency to push forward and get caught up field. Plus VDW has a height advantage which allows him to cover players better on crosses into the box. We really need to tighten up defensively as we are giving up way too many cheap goals. Auro may be better suited to a midfield position.