Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Hagglund came on immediately after the first goal. I remember watching and thinking hurry up and get him on the field or we're letting a goal in on this corner. And of course we did.

As for the other 2 other goals, those were simply 2 bone head plays by Bradley. 2nd goal was him wanting to play it out of the 6yard box rather than punting it (this has actually costed us numerous goals in previous games as well by causing uneeded pressure on the backline of other teammates). Third goal was just a comical foul. First goal is forgivable, not the 2nd and third. Hernandez and Hagglund were fine.

Yes and I'm not pointing fingers at them for that. What I'm saying is, having them start the game doesn't solve the problem at hand and prevent the goals against. I feel the problem isn't MB at CD necessarily, but rather (IMO) his exhaustion and the resulting subpar play from him.

We didn't rest players until the Colorado and Houston games, and that early season load (8 CCL games, 6 league games after delaying the DC one but including the Chicago one right after the CCL final) has resulted in all our injuries and MB playing less well than we expect.

That is 12 games these guys played in two months, with 1 delayed and 2 that we played our bench, rather than the expected 7. All without benefit of a proper offseason.

To me the Columbus collapse feels exactly like the Chicago collapse. Just straight up fatigue... in this case it was more obvious just for the General, whereas before it felt like it was the whole squad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano