0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow seattle is sucking the bag this year also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know what the record is for fewest points in a season following an MLS Cup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im stunned, It's one thing to lose matches but with the quality in our side to be leaking goals, and losing when they should have won is not good at all. 3 wins 7 loses 2 ties.. we don't even play that badly in these matches. Vanney really needs to stop with the lineup changes its great that Telfer and Frasier are getting run outs but instead of Delgado and Hasler.... All he needed to do was start Hagglund and move Bradley back to holding Mid. We would have won tonight. He is always tinkering with formations and lineups playing people out of position. Also in games our opponents have taken to injuring our guys on purpose Oso tonight was another example. They know they won't get red carded it's disgusting. We need to play 3 at the back and get Bradley out of CB we are in a big hole now because of our personal being injured and not preforming but also Vanney and his refusal to do what got them the Championship is disgusting, he is dealing with injuries to his whole roster i get it but 3 at the back with Hagglund and Bradley in the mid is not drastic and we will start to turn it around i know we have the quality in our side, but when we do turn it around it will be too late... I say as of now we finish 7th...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All 3 Columbus goals are on Bradley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley is the one player who has played virtually every minute this season and out of position the last month. He needs a game off and to play in the midfield where he should be. Generalizing a bad game to his character and quality is stupid.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Bradley fault on the first goal started before that actual play - he made a bone head attempt to dribble that lead to the corner kick.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Where are the lovers of the Champions league; because at this rate we are neither making the playoffs or Champions league
    I am right here. I'd still take the CCL shot like we did, in a flash. So close.

That was ugly, agreed. Guys made mistakes.

The CCL run and the injuries have exhausted some guys. We have not been rested or close to healthy once. We need that WC break. (Even that is shortened for us by that rescheduled DCU game.)

We did score three on the road, against a really good defensive team, in case anyone cares. We cashed a PK. Ricketts showed real quality staying onside on the second goal. Gio found the range.

12 down, 22 games to go. On to Philly.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-03-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bottom of the table surely gets us a decent draft, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Historically you don't get premier talent from the MLS draft, as teams are built through their academies and by signing foreign players. So not a lot of consolation should TFC get a high draft pick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am right here. I'd still take the CCL shot like we did, in a flash. So close.

That was ugly, agreed. Guys made mistakes.

The CCL run and the injuries have exhausted some guys. We have not been rested or close to healthy once. We need that WC break. (Even that is shortened for us by that rescheduled DCU game.)

We did score three on the road, against a really good defensive team, in case anyone cares. We cashed a PK. Ricketts showed real quality staying onside on the second goal. Gio found the range.

12 down, 22 games to go. On to Philly.
    i agree with this sentiment. Just had to be factual about MB last night. Still puzzled as to why Vasquez wa#nt brought off. He was walking, I assume because he was hurt.

Also Williams should have been sent off for that tackle on Gio. It was a deliberate foul and he was last man back. Genuine scoring chance shouldn’t enter into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with everyone stop putting bradley as CB, you're better off putting someone from the reserves there who actually plays that position. He is much better in his natural position.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of the problem is we have exactly bupkis in the form of defender prospects down on the farm. Years of drafting & academy work & we basically got Haglund.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley also cost us points in recent games. The game against the Sounders he missed a critical tackle as one of the last men back and it led to Bruin's goal....watch the highlights.

https://youtu.be/3agZVHxU7sE

Against Dallas his terrible marking on the throw in led to the Urrutti goal.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.mlss...ing-goal%3famp

There is a reason Bradley is considered the most overrated player in MLS. Our DP's should be in the Top 10 players in the league. Bradley is not even close.

I like him as a character guy....but he is not good enough to be a DP on our team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    Bradley also cost us points in recent games. The game against the Sounders he missed a critical tackle as one of the last men back and it led to Bruin's goal....watch the highlights.

https://youtu.be/3agZVHxU7sE

Against Dallas his terrible marking on the throw in led to the Urrutti goal.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.mlss...ing-goal%3famp

There is a reason Bradley is considered the most overrated player in MLS. Our DP's should be in the Top 10 players in the league. Bradley is not even close.

I like him as a character guy....but he is not good enough to be a DP on our team.
    These are all examples of him making mistakes playing as a makeshift CB. That's the issue, Vanney has to move him back into midfield permanently. The one game we've played since the CCL with Bradley at DM, we won (vs. Orlando, and the goal they scored wasn't on him).

These are the same type of complaints a lot of people had about Bradley back in 2014 and 2015, when he was playing as a box-to-box, pseudo-attacking midfielder, and his aggressiveness in the middle combined with having no one to back him up in midfield was costing us games, coming to a head with the knockout round loss to Montreal in 2015. Then, too, he was being played out of position, asked to play a role he isn't comfortable with (not since his days in the Netherlands anyways).

Since 2016 when Vanney made the permanent switch, Bradley has been the best DM in the league, unquestionably, and he's been instrumental in all our championship-contending runs. So, respectfully, his overall ability shouldn't be up for debate. He just needs to be moved back to his proper role.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Good: 3 goals away at Columbus, who had a 7 game unbeaten streak and something like 0.8 goals against, one of stingiest defence in the league this season

The Bad: I hope Osorio's injury is not bad

The Ugly: Everything after going up 3-0. UGH.

For those that say fire a treble winning coach a half season afterwards, this ain't Serie A and roller coaster of managers. I for one, don't want to see the revolving door of managers we had prior to Vanney. Vanney has earned enough creds to last at least end of this year.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    These are all examples of him making mistakes playing as a makeshift CB. That's the issue, Vanney has to move him back into midfield permanently. The one game we've played since the CCL with Bradley at DM, we won (vs. Orlando, and the goal they scored wasn't on him).

These are the same type of complaints a lot of people had about Bradley back in 2014 and 2015, when he was playing as a box-to-box, pseudo-attacking midfielder, and his aggressiveness in the middle combined with having no one to back him up in midfield was costing us games, coming to a head with the knockout round loss to Montreal in 2015. Then, too, he was being played out of position, asked to play a role he isn't comfortable with (not since his days in the Netherlands anyways).

Since 2016 when Vanney made the permanent switch, Bradley has been the best DM in the league, unquestionably, and he's been instrumental in all our championship-contending runs. So, respectfully, his overall ability shouldn't be up for debate. He just needs to be moved back to his proper role.
    I guess will just have to agree to disagree.

Those two plays I mentioned have nothing to do with being a CB. They are defensive plays that any quality DM should make.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The overated thing is pure bunkum that US Eurosnobs, even those who don't realise they are Eurosnobs have about him & Jozy for coming back while still in their prime. His DM play is usually superb. BUT...he needs linkup outlets out front of him (which the US didn't do under Klinnsman or Arena) & a decent quarterbacking CB behind him (which he doesn't really have right now).

He was arguably our real MVP last season & was definitely the best player on the pitch for much of the CCL run & last years final.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    I guess will just have to agree to disagree.

Those two plays I mentioned have nothing to do with being a CB. They are defensive plays that any quality DM should make.
    What you are saying is true. Another side of it is that Bradley's concentration seems to break when he is playing out of position.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Historically you don't get premier talent from the MLS draft, as teams are built through their academies and by signing foreign players. So not a lot of consolation should TFC get a high draft pick.
    That was a joke. Cronny has seen plenty of drafts throughout the years.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am worried that all the playing time that Bradley has put in over the past 3 years has finally caught up to him. He looks slow and it's also affecting his decision making.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally feel like it's just affecting his judgement. He is not able to do a lot of things he is able to do in DM then he is in CB. Mainly because he always has that force behind him just in case.

To the person who suggested we use reserves, we did that. They were not ready for MLS Play as demonstrated in those couple games. I honestly feel like it was our only solid choice.

Yes he hasn't been the dependable confident Bradley we always have, but everyone goes through a rough 2-3 game stretch. I feel like with Hagglund hopefully full-time returning, he can go back to CDM, and everything should be okay with him. May need 1 game to re-adjust but with a Philly team missing Bedoya, he might have a chance to have that readjustment game.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see Bradley's mistakes as being unrelated to the position either. His first instinct is always to try to maintain possession... how many times a game do we see him boot a ball up field under pressure? Rarely ever happens. Swap Hagglund or Zavaleta for Bradley on Columbus' 2nd goal and they blast it out without a second thought, maybe scuff it for a corner kick, but they certainly don't try to control it there. But that's how Bradley's wired.

Seattle's goal against us, that's a step in that Bradley is used to making with support behind him. He played it very aggressively because he's used to having people to back him up there. He still should've made the tackle but a lifetime CB would've held ground, shielded the center of the field and run the Seattle player towards the touchline instead.

I don't like piling on players that are put in unusual and difficult positions... it's generally not fair to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley is not the issue with this team right now. He’s playing as well as a DM turned CB should be expected to do. I wonder who keeps playing him there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Bradley is not the issue with this team right now. He’s playing as well as a DM turned CB should be expected to do. I wonder who keeps playing him there?
    Great point. Why not start Hagglund & Hernandez at CB? There was even the option of Hassler in the back four with a shuffle leaving VDW to partner Hernandez. Either option would free up the captain to play his natural and best position at DM. Make no mistake, Bradley is the most important member of our side. When he plays TF plays, when he's out (or out of position) we struggle. He reads the game so well sitting in front of the defence, not only shielding and protecting our defenders, but starting moves with the intelligent forward pass. It was irresponsible of Vanney to play him CB in Columbus when we had other options.

How long is the coach going to escape criticism for this current shit show? I know injuries are at the heart of our horrendous season thus far, however the situation hasnt always been managed in the best way imho. Vanney shows too much faith in certain players and imho overrates certain of our starters (Osorio, Delgado) I have no idea how much our current budget leaves for movement, but promoting Akinola, Miño, Fraser, and Telfer to the first team was not a smart move for me, and whatever way you try to twist it Aketxe has been an absolute bust. We still very much need a top class striker to provide competition for Seba & Jozy and the same goes for Vazquez. Despite much of our troubles injury wise being defensive, with a healthy squad we are well covered there. Had we shopped around for that striker and creative midfielder we would not have dropped nearly as many points as we have, and had Bradley played CM we would not have thrown away two points on the weekend. I recognize signings are very much the realm of Bez but how much of this current mess is down to Vanney, and when does he have to answer for it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Great point. Why not start Hagglund & Hernandez at CB? There was even the option of Hassler in the back four with a shuffle leaving VDW to partner Hernandez. Either option would free up the captain to play his natural and best position at DM.
    So, the problem with this analysis is that Hagglund and Hernandez were on for all 3 Columbus goals. (Hagglund was subbed in right before the first corner IIRC)

This does not excuse Bradley, who blew it on the next two goals, but our problem started when Hernandez tired. So Bradley was unprotected at back... Starting Hernandez doesn't magically fix Bradley's brain cramps, nor does putting Hagglund in to pair with Jason.

Bradley is justifiably exhausted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    How long is the coach going to escape criticism for this current shit show? I know injuries are at the heart of our horrendous season thus far, however the situation hasnt always been managed in the best way imho.
    I don’t think Vanney should be fired but I do want to see a visible level of accountability and I’m surprised most in this forum don’t agree. Vanney has not once come out as far as I know and said “You know what? This game was on me”. We have been in a position to collect points on multiple occasions this season even with a depleted squad and his inability to manage situations (especially Tobias time) has been glaringly obvious, the only thing more obvious is his inability to take public responsibility. As for the forums opinion on Vanney, I feel like the only reason many refuse to hold him accountable is because of the playoff/CCL/whatever runs. At the end of the day though, by letting his past successes cover-up for his current failures, you’re letting him become bigger than the club.

If Vanney fails to make playoffs and win Voyageurs, I think that would shift me into the Vanney out camp quite firmly. Then again, so long as Bez is here (and I think he should remain regardless of how this season pans out) I doubt Vanney goes anywhere either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    So, the problem with this analysis is that Hagglund and Hernandez were on for all 3 Columbus goals. (Hagglund was subbed in right before the first corner IIRC).
    I think Hagglund came in just after the 2nd goal? Just after the header, in any case--the kind of thing he normally wins for us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya'll know by this reasoning you would have for the last 2 years fired the coach who beat us on the weekend, right?

When you get a decent coach in this league, you don't let him go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    I think Hagglund came in just after the 2nd goal? Just after the header, in any case--the kind of thing he normally wins for us.
    The header was the first goal. He might have subbed in right after the goal, I don't recall clearly - there were a lot of subs right at that time... Timeline lists both as 67' but . However, the other two goals were still with both Hagglund and Hernandez on the field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    The header was the first goal. He might have subbed in right after the goal, I don't recall clearly - there were a lot of subs right at that time... Timeline lists both as 67' but . However, the other two goals were still with both Hagglund and Hernandez on the field.

Hagglund came on immediately after the first goal. I remember watching and thinking hurry up and get him on the field or we're letting a goal in on this corner. And of course we did.

As for the other 2 other goals, those were simply 2 bone head plays by Bradley. 2nd goal was him wanting to play it out of the 6yard box rather than punting it (this has actually costed us numerous goals in previous games as well by causing uneeded pressure on the backline of other teammates). Third goal was just a comical foul. First goal is forgivable, not the 2nd and third. Hernandez and Hagglund were fine.