Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    With a huge assist from Vanney. The evidence has been clear that Bradley at CB doesn't work, he leaves him there again and then he's directly responsible for 3 goals.

This is Creavalle at RB all over again. Bradley can't play CB. Put him in the fucking midfield again.
    This!
    The whole forum was screaming for more than one game already that we dont wanna see Bradley in the back line, he is needed in the middle.
    But what we know?
    Maybe Vanney knows better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we need to take a special look in taking a look at all values and contributions of players, by now we should have a clearer idea of who needs to take a cut or leave or who stays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The commentary by Terry Dunfield is that their legs were gone. If that’s the case, where was the third sub and 2hy leave walking Vasquez on post 3-1? Despite Bradley’s horror show, those decisions are on Vanney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these dropped points are all on vanney

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If those lost points are on Vanney is it time we think about looking for a new coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The mistake was Ricketts for Osorio. Should have been Delgado but it might be Delgado couldn't go 60 minutes. Delgado for Chapman made sense, as did Hagglund into the defence. BUT....we had nobody left to switch up.

Once Berhalter adjusted, we were stuck with a front 3 who can't really play much defence.
    did you not see that delgado was responsible for the third goal for sure
    and did not help at all on the second goal

i have noticed this in other games delgado costs us goals when he comes in the game late
    is there a stat of plus minus goals when marky comes in games late
    i know its gotta be bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So with only the players currently available, how should we be lining up at the back then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mistake was Ricketts for Osorio. Should have been Delgado but it might be Delgado couldn't go 60 minutes. Delgado for Chapman made sense, as did Hagglund into the defence. BUT....we had nobody left to switch up.

Once Berhalter adjusted, we were stuck with a front 3 who can't really play much defence.
    i don’t think that is correct. It was 1 - 0 when Ricketts came on and he hustled on defence. Vanney needed to bring Hasler on for Vasquez at 3-1. Vasquez was hurt or gassed and not contributing. This is on Vanney, Bradley and Victor. Aand I support them all, but we need to be honest.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 06-02-2018 at 09:00 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    The commentary by Terry Dunfield is that their legs were gone. If that’s the case, where was the third sub and 2hy leave walking Vasquez on post 3-1? Despite Bradley’s horror show, those decisions are on Vanney.
    Because we had no more subs to make.

Osorio goes out injured at a really bad time. None of the midfield guys on the bench can go 70 minutes. Neither can Hagglund. So Vanney really only has a bunch of kids or Ricketts he can put in. He puts in Ricketts. After that, we were destined to have VV, Seba & Ricketts up top towards the end of the game. Why? Because its either Delgado or Hasler coming in the midfield if we have a lead & its ALWAYS going to be Hagglund coming in around 60-70 minutes. With those 3 up top, our midfield was going to have serious issues handling them. And you could see them make line breaking pass after pass through VV & Ricketts.

Berhalter used his team pretty much perfectly after that - add in Bradley brain cramps & I fail to see where exactly Vanney could have done anything else.

We got beat by bad play by our captain & injuries.

(edited out a bit of over capitalization & adjusted the minutes amount)
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-02-2018 at 09:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do worry all these injured guys will be fresh in july

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    This season is over people if this game does not prove it, then nothing will for some people just disgraceful stuff this is TFC of 2007 to 2014 crap!!
    i think realistically speaking 6th place is the best we can hope for this year.

if we get in at 6th place, we have showed we can kick ass in away games
    we were up 3-0. if we had a healthy mavinga, and moor and zavaletta this would not have happened

then say we win the one game playoff we are the same as everybody else, no one has any advantage over us at that point
    Last edited by stevep; 06-02-2018 at 09:13 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFizik View Post
    Our last hope?

No, There is another....

Cinci......
    Ok this is strong with the force. Bye bye yellow team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio goes out injured at a really bad time. None of the midfield guys on the bench can go 70 minutes. Neither can Hagglund. So Vanney really only has a bunch of kids or Ricketts he can put in. He puts in Ricketts. After that, we were destined to have VV, Seba & Ricketts up top towards the end of the game. Why? Because its either Delgado or Hasler coming in the midfield if we have a lead & its ALWAYS going to be Hagglund coming in around 60-70 minutes. With those 3 up top, our midfield was going to have serious issues handling them. And you could see them make line breaking pass after pass through VV & Ricketts.

Berhalter used his team pretty much perfectly after that - add in Bradley brain cramps & I fail to see where exactly Vanney could have done anything else.

we could have put in hasler for delgado, delgado is a late game lead killer, a late game goal giver uppper.
    have you not noticed how many times this year delgado has cost us goals late in games this year
    his plus minus in later stages of games must be terrible
    Last edited by stevep; 06-02-2018 at 09:17 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to add to the general moroseness

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/col...-toronto-game/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point. I missed one of Ricketts Delgado Hagglund. Still, Vasquez was walking all game. He needed to go, perhaps for Delgado.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 06-02-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just watched the highlights, bradley responsible for all 3 goals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    i just watched the highlights, bradley responsible for all 3 goals
    Yup he was , I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt because he is playing out of position , but still all three goals were more or less due to his mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did the last 25 minutes of tonight's game feel as if we were being returned to an island that we had escaped from in 2016?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn’t watch tonight and I last checked the box on this crap when it was 3-1 in the 80th minute. WTF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 5 million player that did nothing except ship 3 idiot goals. Vanney is not untouchable give any mls coach the tfc budget and they would win 1 mls cup in 3 years as the top spender.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    ..... Vanney is not untouchable give any mls coach the tfc budget and they would win 1 mls cup in 3 years as the top spender.
    Well apart from this being a cap league -

There are 3 other coaches as good as Vanney in this league - Berhalter, Martinez, Vierra. The rest are just not there. And rumour has it Berhalter is up for USMNT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    A 5 million player that did nothing except ship 3 idiot goals. Vanney is not untouchable give any mls coach the tfc budget and they would win 1 mls cup in 3 years as the top spender.
    Calm down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that was probably the worst game Bradley has played since he came to Toronto. I'm wondering if age is catching up to him now. I can't see how Vanney can keep using him in the CB role after this if the other CBs are now close to match fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chapman was crap and why oh why was Hagglund in the midfield and Bradley still at the back after he came on??? Tough two points to lose, but I still think we end the season with 54 points enough for 5th or 6th. The boys did look tired. Hernandez played a good game and until the other backs are ready he, Hagland and Vandaviel should be the back 3. We need full points in next two games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really unfair to have Bradley as scapegoat here.

After Columbus made tactical changes at 0-3, the game completely changed and it was clear it was just a matter of time until they score. They did, but Vanney still didn't adjust because he hoped we'll somehow hang on. But the pressure was so overwhelming that everyone was making mistakes, it just happened that Bradley was the last one and most visible. Watch carefully their last two goals, it's a comedy of errors.

The lack of tactical response from Vanney lost us two points tonight, not Bradley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    did you not see that delgado was responsible for the third goal for sure
    and did not help at all on the second goal

i have noticed this in other games delgado costs us goals when he comes in the game late
    is there a stat of plus minus goals when marky comes in games late
    i know its gotta be bad
    Most accurate post of the shitty night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we had a dream season last year ..we had a dream season last year ...we had a dream season last year... we had a dream season last year.i feel better now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn’t agree more, not a great game today for Bradley. Gave it away for the first. Too casual in the box for the second. And too careless for the penalty.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marquis View Post
    It's really unfair to have Bradley as scapegoat here.

After Columbus made tactical changes at 0-3, the game completely changed and it was clear it was just a matter of time until they score. They did, but Vanney still didn't adjust because he hoped we'll somehow hang on. But the pressure was so overwhelming that everyone was making mistakes, it just happened that Bradley was the last one and most visible. Watch carefully their last two goals, it's a comedy of errors.

The lack of tactical response from Vanney lost us two points tonight, not Bradley.
    I just finished watching the game on PVR and I don't agree with not calling out Bradley's play. He was generally not that good tonight and he was involved in all three Columbus goals. He went up against Zardes on the header from the corner and was beat. He made a high risk move on the Crognale goal, and got burned. And then he gave away the penalty at the end. Yes, it was Delgado's giveaway that caused the goal, but Delgado wasn't at fault in all three of the goals. it was painful to watch. I would agree that Vanney can't seem to get it through his head that Bradley is a terrible fullback, but Vanney isn't on the field making all those mistakes. Let's not pretend that Bradley wasn't brutal tonight, and has been brutal for the last few weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He shouldn’t have been playing the position, but he was still shockingly inept.