Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can still make the playoffs but we definitely are not getting anywhere close to top of the East.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too many Canadians on the pitch Kappa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should've won today no question, our finishing was just horrid. We didn't play poorly, we just couldn't score gimmies. We can't afford to be dropping these home games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This season feels like it’s very close to slipping away. The lineups we’re fielding right now just aren’t cutting it. No guarantee we get any healthier from here on out.

Too many easy points lost at home. Some winnable games against bad teams overlooked in the name of the CCL.

The roster needs adjusting and as much as he didn’t play, Aketxe’s signing is a total eyesore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to say this but Vanney isnt bringing out the best in his team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could Aketxe being out of the starting 11 and also out of form have something to do with this? https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/tor...ketxe-assault/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wileman said during the game that he was out with an injury

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’re in big trouble guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I'm ready for the panic button now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck. Sake

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 guys out after today.,.. We are going to be the best 8th place team ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    I hate to say this but Vanney isnt bringing out the best in his team
    I don’t know. To me this is more about roster construction.

We picked up a lot of guys with red flags on injuries and suddenly they all go down. I’ve never been particularly thrilled with Ricketts up top, Moor had no obvious successor with a clean bill of health and was obviously slowing down at the end of last year.

We spent huge money on a RB and an “AM” in the off-season. It doesn’t feel like that money improved the team as much as it should have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

We picked up a lot of guys with red flags on injuries and suddenly they all go down. I’ve never been particularly thrilled with Ricketts up top, Moor had no obvious successor with a clean bill of health and was obviously slowing down at the end of last year.

We spent huge money on a RB and an “AM” in the off-season. It doesn’t feel like that money improved the team as much as it should have.
    Doesnt Vanney have a say on his roster of players, or does Bez make every signing

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore
    Zavs
    Aketxe
    Delgado
    Mavinga
    Morrow
    Morgan
    Moore

Sorry only 8 guys out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Bono on International duty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro was a good buy, due both to his ability and the fact that VdW has turned out to be a better CB than RB. Imagine what our back line would look like right now if he wasn't here...

Aketxe was a mistake, I have to agree at this point. Even ignoring his poor performance, we have Vazquez at attacking mid and other guys that can somewhat fill a creative role when Vazquez is out (as we proved in the CCL).

It's Jozy we have no replacement for. Ricketts and Hamilton really are ghosts out there. Aketxe's salary should have went to a competent target man. Bez's first real mistake in 2.5 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and i may have misheard but at half time Vanney said they arent worried about the signing season coming up and arent looking through avenues available; i find that a mistake to not always having eyes open to whats around

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subtle note

Gonzalez made 9 saves tonight.

That's the most by a keeper in one game since 2010.

We can't finish worth beens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Subtle note

He was so effing annoying all night too. Really wanted to punish him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 years ago whenever I saw Ricketts play for Canada, I despaired because he couldn't finish & had a lousy first touch. When we got him, I was less than impressed at the thought of him out there. He proved me wrong for 1.5 seasons.

The old Ricketts has returned.

I think he's gone next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 years ago whenever I saw Ricketts play for Canada, I despaired because he couldn't finish & had a lousy first touch. When we got him, I was less than impressed at the thought of him out there. He proved me wrong for 1.5 seasons.

The old Ricketts has returned.

I think he's gone next season.
    He only had to walk that one chance into the net. So frustrating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subtle note

I mean there were a few gems the first two Giovinco shots and the penalty, for sure. But I suspect this also includes the Tosaint Rickets Timbit School of Soccer finishing drill and a few dribblers the he lapped up then proceeded to roll on the ground a lot.

Wasn’t the same level of pressure in the second half, for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Auro was a good buy, due both to his ability and the fact that VdW has turned out to be a better CB than RB. Imagine what our back line would look like right now if he wasn't here...

Aketxe was a mistake, I have to agree at this point. Even ignoring his poor performance, we have Vazquez at attacking mid and other guys that can somewhat fill a creative role when Vazquez is out (as we proved in the CCL).

It's Jozy we have no replacement for. Ricketts and Hamilton really are ghosts out there. Aketxe's salary should have went to a competent target man. Bez's first real mistake in 2.5 years.
    I honestly don’t think VDW is an ideal CB. I liked the idea of getting a quality RB in the offseason. Like the equivalent of Morrow (who we miss more than anyone has really acknowledged) on the opposite side.

Auro has been great for the money although occasionally defensively lax. However, my thoughts are either we should have identified a more attack minded RB for the money spent or we should have simply purchase a CB if that’s where he ends up playing.

And let me qualify this by saying I like VDW and can understand why he has a big pay packet. I’m just not sure TFC and MLS are the right fit for that pay packet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hagglund available and Bradley starts at cb with a rookie at cm when points are needed..Giovinco way off on set plays..hard to see the team getting a lot of points like this and two away games coming against teams that have been doing well lately..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro has been great for the money although occasionally defensively lax.
    His blown coverage in the box has outright cost us two games. He can't mark tight; he's a good winger. But Beita was a better defender and we didn't need the extra width.

This season's in jeopardy, but to me the big question is why we have so many injuries. I mean, the backline has been decimated all season.

Also, it's hard to understate how much Jozy pulled defenses out of shape compared to Ricketts or Hamilton. He's often frustrating for his off the ball indolence, but when we're in possession he's really important to us scoring goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    His blown coverage in the box has outright cost us two games. He can't mark tight; he's a good winger. But Beita was a better defender and we didn't need the extra width.

This season's in jeopardy, but to me the big question is why we have so many injuries. I mean, the backline has been decimated all season.

Also, it's hard to understate how much Jozy pulled defenses out of shape compared to Ricketts or Hamilton. He's often frustrating for his off the ball indolence, but when we're in possession he's really important to us scoring goals.
    Jozy’s interplay with Giovinco is stellar too. They can really work nice little one-twos to open up defenses and create chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not prepared to give up on Aketxe so soon. There have been a few games where his vision and passing ability have looked really good. I recall the game against Seattle where he had the ball just outside his penalty area and made what was about a 30 yard pass upfield to Vazquez that was right on his foot. I believe technically he is stronger than Chapman or Delgado, both of which are known quantities. To me he currently is an unknown quantity so if I am Vanney I would play him next to Vazquez over a significant stretch of games to get a really good assessment of what he can do. He is still only 24 years old, he came here not being able to speak the language, he probably never played in such cold temperatures, or on a pitch that resembles a cow pasture, and MLS is a more physical league compared to La Liga. He may very well need an adjustment period. As long as Jozy is out I would only go with a single striker and use 5 midfielders. No sense in wasting a starting spot on Hamilton or Ricketts neither of which have the ability to be nothing more than reserves. Nothing else seems to be working so why not give Aketxe a decent run. We are now in all likelihood playing for next season's roster spots.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 05-25-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this was a very strange game from Giovinco
    he looked like the soul has been ripped out of him
    he had a terrible game by Giovinco standards yet he had the highest audi index of any tfc player
    he looked like he had no passion for the game
    his body language was very bad, no fire in him tonight
    i thought it looked like he was deliberately not trying or if not that definitely not giving his best effort, that is for sure

he may be done mentally with this league
    Last edited by stevep; 05-25-2018 at 11:12 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are all these players getting injured in training ?
    Does this have something to do with the strength coach ? This is actually mind boggling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ffs put bradley back in the midfield
    no matter what, no exceptions