Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to get from the Stadium to Liberty Village by foot

Hi folks. I am brand new to the forum and I am hoping someone can advise on the best way to get from the stadium to Liberty Village by walking. I plan on parking at the Biosteel Centre and then walk to Liberty Village for a bite to eat. Is it best to head up Dufferin or through the infamous tunnel at the Go Station that I keep hearing about? Secondly, what are good places to eat before the game? I know that Shoeless Joe's is popular. How hard is it to get a table on game night? Are there are any other places that are recommended? I will be going with my sons who are both under 18. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Hi folks. I am brand new to the forum and I am hoping someone can advise on the best way to get from the stadium to Liberty Village by walking. I plan on parking at the Biosteel Centre and then walk to Liberty Village for a bite to eat. Is it best to head up Dufferin or through the infamous tunnel at the Go Station that I keep hearing about? Secondly, what are good places to eat before the game? I know that Shoeless Joe's is popular. How hard is it to get a table on game night? Are there are any other places that are recommended? I will be going with my sons who are both under 18. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Welcome to the forums NK!

If you are parking initially at the Biosteel Centre, the quickest way to get to Liberty Village will be to head north on Dufferin St. If your intentions are to eat prior to the game, you’ll have to back track south to the field, so the way you go will depend on where you eat. Shoeless is a great place to eat and meet fellow supporters pre-game, but there are multiple places to go in the area, depending on timing and other factors. Depending on what time you arrive, Joes can be easy to get a table, The Craft, as well as 3 brewers on the corner of snooker and Atlantic is always a favourite of my daughter, Brazen head is tough to get into depending on timing but personally I’ve never had very good food there, the Local is a nice little place as well.

If if you are eating at Joes, Dufferin can be fairly quick to walk down when heading to the game, but any of the other spots, you’d be better off to head down Atlantic and hit the “infamous GO Tunnel” pregame it’s not as bad as post game, as people are staggered when arriving and as you are parking at the Biosteel centre, post game you will miss the 30 to 40 minutes wait to go back through the tunnel.

trust this answers your questions, don’t hesitate to ask anymore if I didn’t and again welcome to the forums and hope you enjoy your stay!

J

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your suggestion. I think I will give Shoeless Joe's a try as I have been to the one in Vaughan and it was pretty decent.

I understand there is a supporter's march to the stadium before the game. Is this open to anyone or do you have to be officially a member of one of the supporter's group? Where and when does the March begin?
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 05-17-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post

Thanks.
    i had no idea it was called biosteel centre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    i had no idea it was called biosteel centre
    Yup. It is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its the Raptor's practice facility. Parking there is quite reasonable at only $12.00 vs. $30.00 at the lot immediately north west of BMO Field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're planning on going to Liberty Village, might be better off parking there for future games. It would be cheaper if you park on the streets. Some of the streets its free actually, just got to get there early enough.

Hope you enjoy the game and welcome to the forums! If you do come to Joe's make sure to come say Hi. Ill be at the 2nd table on the right as soon as you get in!
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley back in the mid tonight will make a major difference. A welcome back Zav and Mavinga, nice to see them start.