Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    The play on the 2nd goal notwithstanding, Auro needs to move forward when he has the ball. Far too many times he would just stand around. Play like a wingback dammit. Also why does everyone not want to take a shot? Seems we keep trying to walk in it on way too many occasions.
    Because other than Aketxe, none of our midfielders are good ball strikers. The only one who might be is Chapman, but I haven’t seen enough of him to have a verdict yet.

Another note on Auro. I like him, he’s had some great matches, but he’s also had some bad ones. Game to game player. Thought he was good last night. The only problem I have with him, is that when he has to defend in the box, he is HORRIBLE in the air. Yes I know he’s short, but as a short player, you need to know how to angle yourself to make it hard for an attacking player to head. Morrow is quiet good at it, Auro is not. Go look back at some of our games, he gets beat in the box a lot, and it has cost us goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ll take my humble pie for saying the new signings should be shipped to TFC II as soon as the injury crisis clears. Telfer might well be a replacement for Edwards. Can’t agree it was a defensive masterclass tonight. The goal we gave up was terrible with two Orlando players left unmarked on the left of the box. I’ll put it down to rustiness and hope the coming weeks see us get more players back building greater solidity.

As for Caldwell’s commentary, you have to wonder with the great players we’ve had over the years it’s two duffers Caldwell and Dunfield who get the commentary jobs, surely we can do much better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Because other than Aketxe, none of our midfielders are good ball strikers. The only one who might be is Chapman, but I haven’t seen enough of him to have a verdict yet.

Another note on Auro. I like him, he’s had some great matches, but he’s also had some bad ones. Game to game player. Thought he was good last night. The only problem I have with him, is that when he has to defend in the box, he is HORRIBLE in the air. Yes I know he’s short, but as a short player, you need to know how to angle yourself to make it hard for an attacking player to head. Morrow is quiet good at it, Auro is not. Go look back at some of our games, he gets beat in the box a lot, and it has cost us goals.
    Sorry but despite that great cross for the winning goal I’m unconvinced with Auro. I’d much rather have Hasler at RB. Auro has a bad habit of slowing th8 gas down. In attack and more often than not prefers recycling the ball into midfield that hitting the byline and putting over a cross. His positional play defensively is also extremely poor at time. He is good at transitioning defence to attack, but that’s about it. Hasler is a far better crosser of the ball and can at least track players defensively. Personally I wish we’d retained Beta for another season and then the money spent on Auro & VDW (& Aketxe) could have gone on a decent 3rd striker to provide cover/competition for Seba & Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Sorry but despite that great cross for the winning goal I’m unconvinced with Auro. I’d much rather have Hasler at RB. Auro has a bad habit of slowing th8 gas down. In attack and more often than not prefers recycling the ball into midfield that hitting the byline and putting over a cross. His positional play defensively is also extremely poor at time. He is good at transitioning defence to attack, but that’s about it. Hasler is a far better crosser of the ball and can at least track players defensively. Personally I wish we’d retained Beta for another season and then the money spent on Auro & VDW (& Aketxe) could have gone on a decent 3rd striker to provide cover/competition for Seba & Jozy
    That’s fair. I agree Beitashour is a ton better defensively, but I think Auro is better getting forward, beating his man, and whipping in a good cross. I agree he slows it down a little to often for my liking. All in all, I think I’d rather have Beitashour, but only a bit more. If it was a lot cheaper on the cap, then understood why they let him go and went with Auro or GVW, who we haven’t seen a lot from him at RWB. He may be a permanent CB. He been really good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any update on why Morgan wasn't even on the bench? And that offside shows why they should really limit VAR. It cannot be used to review incorrect offside calls that rule out a goal, only where an offside goal is scored. Affects competitive balance. Should just be for penalties, where game is already stopped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Any update on why Morgan wasn't even on the bench? And that offside shows why they should really limit VAR. It cannot be used to review incorrect offside calls that rule out a goal, only where an offside goal is scored. Affects competitive balance. Should just be for penalties, where game is already stopped.
    I think I heard Wileman say something about Morgan tweaking a hamstring early on in the broadcast?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC have really been hamstrung this season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    TFC have really been hamstrung this season
    Wah wah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks portu and nicely played reggie

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryan Telfer is up for Goal of the Week, currently 2nd place. ALL of the other candidates are long-range shots; Telfer's goal is more interesting IMO due to Auro's nice buildup & of course the volley to finish. Plus a game-winning goal in the last 5 minutes.

Let's give it a vote!
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...l-week-week-12